Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2006, 21:29   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pune
Posts: 2,088
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by decced
Thanks for the tip.. I'll give both options a try and see which one yields better results.. I was thinking the same thing.. The minute I leave the showroom, those tyres are gonna depreciate in value real quickly.. Thats why I wanted to know whether the dealer will make a change to tubeless...
If you have access to 2 dealers, then use that to extract the deal from dealer. The moment he sees that you are drawing back simply because of tyre deal, most likely he will agree with your terms.
RX135 is offline  
Old 11th April 2006, 23:20   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
If you have access to 2 dealers, then use that to extract the deal from dealer. The moment he sees that you are drawing back simply because of tyre deal, most likely he will agree with your terms.
That's a nice idea.. I am checking with two Hyundai dealers anyways.. one pretty close to my place and the other a bit far away.. but not too far that going back for services will be a problem
decced is offline  
Old 12th April 2006, 08:45   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 0 Times
Default good call

Quote:
Originally Posted by decced
1. I have (almost) decided on the Getz GLX. I think it's an absolutely Great car. I like the Hyundai build quality (for the price) and the clincher over the Swift was the space in the Getz, as compared to the Swift, coupled with the build quality issues with the Swift. Any opinions on whether I have made the right/wrong decision?
Good call. For budget of ~ 5.5 L, Getz is the best option. And the exact reason Swift/Getz were launched? Aimed at people who have this thought: hatch is better for crowded cities. A super hatch has to have space first - to make you think away from a sedan. And only Getz has that, Swift is seriously small. Go for it.

If GLX had airbags as well - Getz would be even with Swift on VFM front.
cutthecords is offline  
Old 12th April 2006, 10:40   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,618
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by decced
I AM a true Ferrari fan (12 years of watching F1 and rooting for Ferrari all the way should prove that!); but I gotta be practical and Fiat in India just does not inspire confidence; Tata or no Tata...
Can U please elaborate why Fiat India does not inspire confidence? Also, just one illustratation, if you fall in love with girl & want her to be your life partner, but if her parents are not that good, would u dump the girl???
finneyp is offline  
Old 12th April 2006, 11:30   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Can U please elaborate why Fiat India does not inspire confidence? Also, just one illustratation, if you fall in love with girl & want her to be your life partner, but if her parents are not that good, would u dump the girl???
Hi, Don't get me wrong.. I don't want to get into any flame wars out here.. Let's just say that it was a family decision and leave it at that... ..Maybe some years down the line I'll get my own Ferrari and that will be it..
decced is offline  
Old 12th April 2006, 13:24   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Can U please elaborate why Fiat India does not inspire confidence? Also, just one illustratation, if you fall in love with girl & want her to be your life partner, but if her parents are not that good, would u dump the girl???
If parents are not good, low chances that the girl will be good in the long run. Getting over your infatuation might be better!

Just kidding
cutthecords is offline  
Old 12th April 2006, 14:08   #22
BHPian
 
roms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 640
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Hey Finney,Let it be mate.Sometimes I feel we Palio fans do a good thing by letting people know how good the product is and urge them to atleast take a test drive.90% of the people who test drive it,choose it over other cars.But on the hand reality is that FIAt needs time to gain confidence of prospective buyers.That said,we have already seen a considerable rise in sales of the palio 1.6.One only hopes that it gets better with time.It has THE best product at 5 lakhs.

Decced,congratulations on the new getz.Its a good car,though not all that great on the VFM front.When I test drove it,I found it quite spacious,but the performance was sluggish and the a/c wasnt so good.Maybe it was just that particular car.
Anyways, good that you did'nt try the Palio 1.6 sport.Coz if you did,you would be hooked!Not just you but even your family may be hooked.Its that good.Anyways,best wishes on your red getz
roms is offline  
Old 12th April 2006, 15:15   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Haven't purchased the car yet.. so the congratulations are a bit premature

I guess I'll make a sacrifice on the VFM front for the promise of better sleep after my purchase.. hopefully..
decced is offline  
Old 12th April 2006, 15:47   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pune
Posts: 2,088
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Can U please elaborate why Fiat India does not inspire confidence?
Finneyp, I am Fiat fan myself, but fact remains that Fiat India's past doesn't do anything to boost one's confidence. I don't think company will close down or A/S/S will be bad, that is MY opinion and if someone thinks otherwise, it is HIS opinion. So, let's leave it at that instead of questioning it.
RX135 is offline  
Old 12th April 2006, 15:47   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms
Hey Finney,Let it be mate.Sometimes I feel we Palio fans do a good thing by letting people know how good the product is and urge them to atleast take a test drive.90% of the people who test drive it,choose it over other cars.But on the hand reality is that FIAt needs time to gain confidence of prospective buyers.That said,we have already seen a considerable rise in sales of the palio 1.6.One only hopes that it gets better with time.It has THE best product at 5 lakhs.

Decced,congratulations on the new getz.Its a good car,though not all that great on the VFM front.When I test drove it,I found it quite spacious,but the performance was sluggish and the a/c wasnt so good.Maybe it was just that particular car.
Anyways, good that you did'nt try the Palio 1.6 sport.Coz if you did,you would be hooked!Not just you but even your family may be hooked.Its that good.Anyways,best wishes on your red getz
1.6 is in a different class altogether... that 1.6 is a monster revver!
Drove a relatively abused s10 with over 82000 kms on the odo and that too in just three years..... still runs like a dream... engine had punch and nary a squeak or rattle from the car to show for such high mileage. The only noise was the fab sound track from the engine..... love it!
extreme_torque is offline  
Old 18th April 2006, 15:11   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hi guys, we booked the Getz GLS Passion Red on Sunday.. Had to beat the road tax hike and a GLX requires 3 weeks for delivery..

Have been busy going through the threads in the T&A and ICE sections..

A couple of questions:

1. Security

I have decided (after going through the posts) that I should get an Autocop sytem installed as well as put in a physical lock. Could someone please help me out as to the cost for the Autocop? The dealer informs me that they are the only company that offers a lifetime warranty. Also, do I need to get one with a sensor or without will do? Can someone point me to a reliable source of extra info?

2. Tyres & Alloys

I have decided to upgrade to 185/60 R14 tubeless on alloys. I would like to know the price for some good alloys (Aura, HR) with warranty. No chrome finish or anything flashy required. The dealer has quoted 15k for a set of OE Hyundai alloys? Should I go for that or can I get better VFM outside. What tyres would you guys recommend? It's going to be city driving, with some highway of course.

On a side note, the dealer is not giving me anything for my old wheels!! Is this to be expected? What about my tyres? Will I get something for them?

3. Sunshield coating

I believe the best brand is V Kool. But only the high end variety. I got a quote of 11.5k from a dealer (inclusive of front windshield). He said that the V Kool guys would come and install the coating. But I am not sure of the grade he's offering. Another dealer told me the V70 is the only god VFM grade. Please help out. Is it ok to go for V Kool only on front windshield and a cheaper brand for the sides and rear?

4. Music System

With a budget of about 15k max, I don't expect to get a great system.. I was thinking of a Pioneer/Alpine HU, 6" components in the front, 6" coaxials in the rear and an Amp. Is this possible on my budget? Can you guys make some recommendations please, especially about which dealer (in Mumbai) will do a good install, with the proper wiring?

Thanks.
decced is offline  
Old 2nd May 2006, 11:37   #27
BHPian
 
ivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 85
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
If you are a true Ferrari fan, you should consider the cousin of Ferrari i.e Palio. Palio 1.6 is an dream machine, Superior ride comfort, Spacious, High Safety, Good looks, Stability on high speeds etc. And now service from Tata Motors.
FIAT owns Ferrari now, but please remember this--when Enzo Ferrari started Ferrari, he did that because FIAT wouldn't give him a job post-War. Imagine what FIAT missed! So, to say the Palio is a cousin of a Ferrari is to say that the Indica is a cousin of the Merc because the Tatas still have a 1 percent stake in Mercedes Benz India and had more earlier!

- Ivor
ivor is offline  
Old 2nd May 2006, 11:44   #28
BHPian
 
ivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 85
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Congrats on your purchase. I bought the Swift after comparing the Getz and Swift, but the Getz is a good car too, and very refined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by decced
I have decided (after going through the posts) that I should get an Autocop sytem installed as well as put in a physical lock. Could someone please help me out as to the cost for the Autocop? The dealer informs me that they are the only company that offers a lifetime warranty. Also, do I need to get one with a sensor or without will do? Can someone point me to a reliable source of extra info?
Just be careful that installing Autocop doesn't void your warranty. Car makers are pretty clear--any cutting of wires and your warranty is void. Try and install a security system from your Hyundai dealer to avoid this problem.

All the best for your Getz! Happy driving!

- Ivor
ivor is offline  
Old 2nd May 2006, 12:36   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,618
Thanked: 160 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivor
FIAT owns Ferrari now, but please remember this--when Enzo Ferrari started Ferrari, he did that because FIAT wouldn't give him a job post-War. Imagine what FIAT missed! So, to say the Palio is a cousin of a Ferrari is to say that the Indica is a cousin of the Merc because the Tatas still have a 1 percent stake in Mercedes Benz India and had more earlier!

- Ivor
I really consider it waste of time arguing with you! You are finding it so difficult to digest the fact that Palio is undoubtly the best car in it segment. Just check any of the Polls conducted on this forum where Palio was pitted against Swift, Getz, Indica etc. Palio had convincingly won all the Polls! Learn to accept the facts in life else be the odd one out!
finneyp is offline  
Old 2nd May 2006, 13:01   #30
BHPian
 
ivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 85
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
I really consider it waste of time arguing with you! You are finding it so difficult to digest the fact that Palio is undoubtly the best car in it segment. Just check any of the Polls conducted on this forum where Palio was pitted against Swift, Getz, Indica etc. Palio had convincingly won all the Polls! Learn to accept the facts in life else be the odd one out!
Thanks for this 'lesson'.

Just wish you had read my post before you started on your rant--trust me, I think the Palio's a good car and you don't need to get rabid anytime anyone says anything that goes against what you think is right. I didn't say anything about the Palio, just the fact that you claimed the Palio was a cousin of Ferraris. Can you prove me wrong in that fact--that Enzo Ferrari started Ferrari because FIAT refused him a job? Or that going by your argument, the Tatas can claim the Indica is a cousin of the Merc?

And polls...sorry, I don't think the Swift is a better car than the Getz just because out of 70 or so people, a majority have voted for the Swift. Ditto

Facts however are something very different. And for that I'd trust the experts (for instance, Indian auto mags), all of whom (at least what I've read) say the Swift beats the Palio.

Let people decide what they like--you may think the Palio is the greatest looker, I may think the Swift is the better looker, the guy who started this thread thinks the Getz is the best looker. To each his own, why do you want everyone to think the Palio is the best and when people don't agree get so rabid? You like the Palio, you bought it--great! I liked the Swift, I bought it.....
ivor is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30) ph03n!x Long-Term Ownership Reviews 598 6th November 2012 00:02
The future of Hyundai Getz? EDIT : Bye Bye Getz (page 2) sathya_j2084 The Indian Car Scene 32 25th June 2010 10:19
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Getz prime 1.3 is overpriced than previous getz ( old one )? hrishig The Indian Car Scene 3 30th April 2007 10:29
Getz New Launch + Getz vs Swift.. scorp 1 Hatchbacks 18 23rd August 2006 11:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks