Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:13   #91
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 19
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Bored of new Ford Figo - Keep it or Sell It?

Getting goosebumps reading this thread :(

I tried/researched lot of cars in it's competition but I liked the looks, comfort and space of Figo.

About to book a Figo Titanium Petrol MT this week and curious about it's resale around 5 or more years from now.
rider_kaush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:32   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,528
Thanked: 1,078 Times
Default Re: Bored of new Ford Figo - Keep it or Sell It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider_kaush View Post
Getting goosebumps reading this thread :(

I tried/researched lot of cars in it's competition but I liked the looks, comfort and space of Figo.

About to book a Figo Titanium Petrol MT this week and curious about it's resale around 5 or more years from now.
Given the Figo isn't a hot seller - especially the petrol, expect dismal resale when you go in the market after 5 years.

On the upside, there are great offers available on the car making it good VFM compared to hot sellers in the market - maybe net-net you wouldn't lose much overall?
Plus, it is a great all rounder in it's segment barring performance.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:47   #93
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 19
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Bored of new Ford Figo - Keep it or Sell It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Given the Figo isn't a hot seller - especially the petrol, expect dismal resale when you go in the market after 5 years.

On the upside, there are great offers available on the car making it good VFM compared to hot sellers in the market - maybe net-net you wouldn't lose much overall?
Plus, it is a great all rounder in it's segment barring performance.
Yup, 7.99% interest rate from Ford Credit & 10k Cash (till 31st March) is one offer I wish to avail.

Will be negotiating for more discount/freebies/insurance with the SA today.
rider_kaush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 16:42   #94
BHPian
 
abhishek46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Athlone,Ireland
Posts: 599
Thanked: 849 Times
Default Re: Bored of new Ford Figo - Keep it or Sell It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider_kaush View Post
Getting goosebumps reading this thread :(

I tried/researched lot of cars in it's competition but I liked the looks, comfort and space of Figo.

About to book a Figo Titanium Petrol MT this week and curious about it's resale around 5 or more years from now.
Any reason you are giving the Figo diesel a miss?
The diesel is a riot to drive. Whereas the petrol does not have any serious punch.
Five years back, I purchased the Polo 1.2 Mpi looking at the excellent build, safety, styling and comfort. But, the under powered engine always makes it presence felt.

The resale of the petrol variant will be worse as well.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 19:19   #95
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 19
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Any reason you are giving the Figo diesel a miss?

The diesel is a riot to drive. Whereas the petrol does not have any serious punch.

Five years back, I purchased the Polo 1.2 Mpi looking at the excellent build, safety, styling and comfort. But, the under powered engine always makes it presence felt.



The resale of the petrol variant will be worse as well.

Limited by:
Budget (~7 Lakhs OTR) and usage (weekends trips within Mumbai and occasional long trips ~100-200km)
Needed Airbags+ABS+EBD, good a/c and front and rear power windows.
rider_kaush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 20:29   #96
BHPian
 
abhishek46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Athlone,Ireland
Posts: 599
Thanked: 849 Times
Default Re: Bored of new Ford Figo - Keep it or Sell It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider_kaush View Post
Limited by:
Budget (~7 Lakhs OTR) and usage (weekends trips within Mumbai and occasional long trips ~100-200km)
Needed Airbags+ABS+EBD, good a/c and front and rear power windows.
Why not wait for the new Swift?
Or you can pick up the current gen Swift ZXI for 7.8 Lakh!

Rs 80000 more will give you great performance and extremely good re-sale value.

The Swift VXI ABS version will be just under 7 Lakhs and that has both Airbags and ABS.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 23:34   #97
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 19
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Why not wait for the new Swift?

Or you can pick up the current gen Swift ZXI for 7.8 Lakh!



Rs 80000 more will give you great performance and extremely good re-sale value.



The Swift VXI ABS version will be just under 7 Lakhs and that has both Airbags and ABS.

100% agreed

But have a Swift already in my family.

So want to try out some other car :P
rider_kaush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 00:17   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 212
Thanked: 421 Times
Default Re: Bored of new Ford Figo - Keep it or Sell It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider_kaush View Post
So want to try out some other car :P
If you want to try some other car, then I would look out for Tigor. It will definitely sell better than Figo, and is expected to be priced supremely competitively and the car is loaded to the gills. I expect top end to be priced 6.5 lakhs ex-showroom.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 09:22   #99
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 19
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

By some contacts, Getting a 20k discount + Insurance as per quotation(saving dealer service charges around 10k) + discounted accessories + may be discounted extended 3rd RSA warranty for Figo.

Feel like it's a good deal (30k savings). What say?
rider_kaush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 10:45   #100
BHPian
 
theredliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 465
Thanked: 772 Times
Default Re: Bored of new Ford Figo - Keep it or Sell It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider_kaush View Post
By some contacts, Getting a 20k discount + Insurance as per quotation(saving dealer service charges around 10k) + discounted accessories + may be discounted extended 3rd RSA warranty for Figo.

Feel like it's a good deal (30k savings). What say?
See if you can get those savings on an Ambiente ABS TDCI.

Even if your running is low now, I'm sure it will shoot up a lot once you get a hold of that TDCI. That sweet engine combined with the lower running costs will make you want to take that car out often
theredliner is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2017, 12:56   #101
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 19
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Bored of new Ford Figo - Keep it or Sell It?

Got an even better deal from another dealer on a Dec 2016 manufactured car.
70k discount

Took one more test drive with my family and booked it!
rider_kaush is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FORD IKON owners!! Bored of that boring color on your DASH?? bugboy180 Technical Stuff 10 26th November 2008 22:13
Advice:To keep or sell 06zma noidaboy Motorbikes 9 29th September 2008 14:19
To keep or not to keep...am confused lohithrao Sedans 13 9th April 2008 10:48
A new fish in the sea> get ready to get bored by dis long intro :p gamerno1 Introduce yourself 73 5th March 2005 21:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks