Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 8th June 2006, 19:25   #1
Default Need Help: Used Palio GTX evaluating

OK! finally i decided to buy a car. This is going to be my first car. I have driven in US but never in India. After lot of evaluation zeroed on Palio 12. or 1.6 but My budget will not permit me to go for 1.6 and i m not satiated with 1.2 so decided to look out for used ones.

I m just coming from a car agent who has Palio GTX 2002, Gold color, done 27k, he is quoting 2.6L . I test drove the car. As per me and my friends first check up, good scratches all over, but not severe..it feels good and no obvious problems, gear shift is good, smooth engine, no noises, has a tape deck and 4 speakers. Unused stepheny, AC in perfect condition, pale and dirty interiors (some holi colors too ). Right back tire is fully worn out not sure how.
However, i need a good technician/expert to evaluate the car. Can u guys pls suggest me where to go. i stay in hyderabad. i went to Anuroop, they pointed me to some guy who is wil charge Rs.500 for evaluating it. I m not worried about charge but not sure about his skills. I want to know if anyone has done this like wise. pls advice on the price too. Thanx in advance. Read somewhere in this forum a post "Bought used Palio GTX" that some one from teamBHP helped him. Any contact info will be appriciated.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.

We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 8th June 2006 at 20:21.
Bulleteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 06:28   #2
Thumbs up

well i think 2.6L is on higher side seeing that it has too many scratches and tire worn out.
i have seen people buying it for a lot lesser...
check other places also...
checkout classic cars at road no 10 banjara hills and
one more which is near the Mosque atroad no 10 Banjara Hills...
zulfikar is offline   Reply With Quote