Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 22:47   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,777
Thanked: 959 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
pl' s dont buy the I 10 AT it has got a pathetic mileage my cousin who has got one for his wife has gone nuts geting 6 & 7 in the city
..and I am getting 11-13.5 in congested city-regular highway. Got as high as 19kmpl in NH2. So 'i10 has pathetic mileage' is a myth that has been busted. It all depends on driving habits.

P.S: I keep AC on @ 50% all time.
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 23:01   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 32
Thanked: 0 Times
Default i10 OR Nissan Micra

Thanks for the replies guys. Any idea what the Micra is likely to cost?
i10 with (potentially bad) mileage or MICRA with unknown price :(
Need4Spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 23:31   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,777
Thanked: 959 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Spd View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Any idea what the Micra is likely to cost?
i10 with (potentially bad) mileage or MICRA with unknown price :(

You (must) know that Nissan cars are great and quite popular with Indians in US alongwith Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Mitsu. The only potential problem in India shall be their puny dealer base and unknown A.S.S.
You can be relatively assured with finding one Hyundai A.S.S around the corner, and Hyundai cars are quite popular here in India (unlike US !!)

OT: I am driving a rental nissan versa sedan for this weekend!
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 13:27   #49
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 412
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Spd View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Any idea what the Micra is likely to cost?
i10 with (potentially bad) mileage or MICRA with unknown price :(
Generally all the auto models will have a slightly lesser FE compared to its manual version. Again it depends on your foot. i10 auto will be a good option anyways. Mycra will be priced in the 4L range. But A.S.S is still a concern. Can't comment on that.
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 13:57   #50
BHPian
 
prithvi_seln's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 72
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

hi
for people who are driving, looking for Auto transmissions based on my experience as a engineer who used to build and test m/t and a/t, AT needs a lot of feel of your accelerator pedal touch and hear how the car responds ie the change of gears ie when we used to test it or drive it we can feel the gears changing and if u press the acc suddenly it will shift in to lower gears to get a better torque... so based on the knowledge and skill the mileage will vary...
if any wants to know more about A/T 's please feel free to PM me
prithvi_seln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 22:21   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Spd View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Any idea what the Micra is likely to cost?
i10 with (potentially bad) mileage or MICRA with unknown price :(

wait for the nissan buddy.

It is a good car and they are trying to set up new dealers and service station all over india in a years time.
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 15:10   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 62
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

There are 2 options in the 5 lac & below range with AT. 1. i10 2. Wagon R.
Take a test drive and see for yourself. We drove the two and found i10 to be better and bought that. As for the mileage, it is just 20 days & done about 400 Kms so far. Tank Full method gave 9.8 kmpl. Just have had one tankful so can not comment on longterm / post 1st service intervals etc.
ZeroThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 18:09   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,777
Thanked: 959 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroThoughts View Post
There are 2 options in the 5 lac & below range with AT. 1. i10 2. Wagon R.
Take a test drive and see for yourself. We drove the two and found i10 to be better and bought that. As for the mileage, it is just 20 days & done about 400 Kms so far. Tank Full method gave 9.8 kmpl. Just have had one tankful so can not comment on longterm / post 1st service intervals etc.

Do they have AT option in the new Wagon-R? If yes - is that the old 3 speed AT or the new 4 speed one from SX4?
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 18:33   #54
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 362
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroThoughts View Post
There are 2 options in the 5 lac & below range with AT. 1. i10 2. Wagon R.
Take a test drive and see for yourself. We drove the two and found i10 to be better and bought that. As for the mileage, it is just 20 days & done about 400 Kms so far. Tank Full method gave 9.8 kmpl. Just have had one tankful so can not comment on longterm / post 1st service intervals etc.
Maruti suzuki does not mention Wagon R in auto available. Did you really test drove new Wagon R auto ?
jacksons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 14:26   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,763
Thanked: 89,534 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Do they have AT option in the new Wagon-R? If yes - is that the old 3 speed AT or the new 4 speed one from SX4?
The new WagonR is yet to be mated to an AT. The outgoing generation had one, but it was the crappy 3 speed tranny. Best avoided. The only choices for an automatic small car are from the Hyundai stable. Either that, or you spend 5 lakhs buying a used OHC / NHC / Corolla AT.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 15:12   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 62
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Maruti suzuki does not mention Wagon R in auto available. Did you really test drove new Wagon R auto ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Do they have AT option in the new Wagon-R? If yes - is that the old 3 speed AT or the new 4 speed one from SX4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The new WagonR is yet to be mated to an AT. The outgoing generation had one, but it was the crappy 3 speed tranny. Best avoided. The only choices for an automatic small car are from the Hyundai stable. Either that, or you spend 5 lakhs buying a used OHC / NHC / Corolla AT.
Wagon R, the new version does have an AT model. My wife & self both did a test drive around the middle of last month. Ask around with a couple of your local Dealers as not all of them have the test drive car available with them. I'll see if I have kept the Brochure/details and let you know about the type of AT box. In Delhi, it is available with the Maruti Dealer at Bhicaji Cama Place.
ZeroThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 17:12   #57
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,763
Thanked: 89,534 Times
Default

Zero Thoughts : Are you absolutely sure its the new WagonR? Maruti doesn't make a mention of the AT on its website or brochure.

Either ways, if its the rubbish 3 speed, we shouldn't be bothered anyways.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 18:18   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 62
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Zero Thoughts : Are you absolutely sure its the new WagonR? Maruti doesn't make a mention of the AT on its website or brochure.

Either ways, if its the rubbish 3 speed, we shouldn't be bothered anyways.
100% sure because as I mentioned in my earlier posts, we did a test drive of the car. There were some advertisements in the papers about it but was kind of muted. You can call up the dealers and they will let you know that indeed the new model does have the AT, whether they have a Test Drive car is another matter.
Personally, though the specs and features were nice, neither myself nor my wife liked it much. We preferred the i10 AT.
ZeroThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 03:32   #59
BHPian
 
AslamHussain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 45
Thanked: Once
Default

Can anyone please let know what it takes to convert a MT Santro to AT? It's really hard to find a good priced AT Santro in Hyderabad. Been lucky to find a Santro AT engine and gearbox from an totalled AT Santro which will be junked soon.
AslamHussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 16:54   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 62
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslamHussain View Post
Can anyone please let know what it takes to convert a MT Santro to AT? It's really hard to find a good priced AT Santro in Hyderabad. Been lucky to find a Santro AT engine and gearbox from an totalled AT Santro which will be junked soon.
Firstly, this not the correct thread/sub-forum for your question.
Secondly, it's not just about the AT box and the engine.
In my view, the best option is to exchange your car for an either a new or used AT car.
ZeroThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission carboy Hatchbacks 422 16th November 2017 16:40
Automatic options? navin Sedans 27 3rd June 2005 15:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks