Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 14th July 2006, 17:20   #16

Question

hey guys thanks for all your replies,regarding your options:

1.Swift- my dad feels that it has the maruti reputation of being too light and he doesnot like to own a maruti.

2.Fiat Palio 1.6- Had a 1.2 among one of the first cars 50 in hyderabad was a great machine ran well for 2 yrs problems creeped in could not manage with FIAT A.S.S had to sell it at a great loss so no 1.6.

Regarding GETZ how much mileage does it give .When is the C.R.D.I expected.

Why not consider the Indica turbo high end variant and kitting her up.

Recently, read in The HINDU and few auto magzinesabout the following cars do any one of tou have any info about them.

Skoda fabia
Swift 1.3
Santro 1.1CRDI
Fiat punto
Mitsubushi colt
Chevy U-VA
Ford Fusion 1.4
Tata Indica DICOR

With all these options i am even more confused.

Above all regarding my ZEN a person is offering me 1.4..LAKH is it worth .
viralraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 17:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]I get 14.2 in banglore city as per my last measurement (almost without AC) so consider 11-12 with AC...not an Imaginary statement at all.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
I was talking more than 12 KMPL and that too with AC.

@supremebaleno: I used to get 14 KMPL without AC. Swift with AC more than 12 KMPL looks imaginary. About swift vehicle weight then its: Kerb weight: 1010 Kgs. For a car of more than a ton still I think more than 12 KMPL with AC looks imaginary. If I am wrong, I apologies for the same .

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport/ 14 KMPL/ AND IT ROCKS !!!
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 17:57   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

So the Swift and Palio1.6 are out of the reckoning. My friend's Getz returned him 10kmpl and 14kmpl in city and highways respectively (both figures with 100% AC).
Well, I also read in The Hindu about the new cars (hatches) that are expected to take India by storm soon. But how soon is a question no one has answers yet. If you would like to opt from them, you would need to wait for a while.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 18:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

I was reading about Skoda Fabia since 1994 when Skoda was planning to enter India by partnering Eicher.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 18:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

U can test drive the swift and check it out it is not a light car maruti has changed a lot. I has lots of good feature in that price segement. also the service back is huge in india of suzuki.......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 18:24   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
U can test drive the swift and check it out it is not a light car maruti has changed a lot. I has lots of good feature in that price segement. also the service back is huge in india of suzuki.
Very true. Inspite of being a hatch it is heavier than the Baleno sedan. And more importantly, it gives safety features not available in its peers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels
Swift with AC more than 12 KMPL looks imaginary.
Ajay_J reported 14.2 without AC, which would mean 13 with AC (in any case more than 12). If it still looks imaginary, I leave it at that. Anyway, the Swift and Palio are not being considered, so why bother arguing about their FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels
About swift vehicle weight then its: Kerb weight: 1010 Kgs. For a car of more than a ton still I think more than 12 KMPL with AC looks imaginary.
If I am right, your Palio1.2 weighs much more than a ton. And if it still returns 14kmpl without AC (meaning 12-13 with AC), why should it be tough for a Swift ?
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 20:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viralraj
1.Swift- my dad feels that it has the maruti reputation of being too light and he doesnot like to own a maruti.

2.Fiat Palio 1.6- Had a 1.2 among one of the first cars 50 in hyderabad was a great machine ran well for 2 yrs problems creeped in could not manage with FIAT A.S.S had to sell it at a great loss so no 1.6.

Regarding GETZ how much mileage does it give .When is the C.R.D.I expected.

Why not consider the Indica turbo high end variant and kitting her up.

Recently, read in The HINDU and few auto magzinesabout the following cars do any one of tou have any info about them.

Skoda fabia
Swift 1.3
Santro 1.1CRDI
Fiat punto
Mitsubushi colt
Chevy U-VA
Ford Fusion 1.4
Tata Indica DICOR

With all these options i am even more confused.

Above all regarding my ZEN a person is offering me 1.4..LAKH is it worth .
Skoda Fabia, mitsubishi Colt and fiat punto are hard to be found before 2007.

Suzuki swift and wagonR cng are really good options but now that you are looking away from maruti even hyundai getz and indica turbo are good cars. you have to take a test drive to decide.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 20:50   #23
BHPian

Got my swift last month. Before first service I got 11 kmpl, with 75% AC on all the time in city driving. I am not best of drivers right now, and reduce speed whenever I see a tight situation, when its not really needed. Still I got the above mileage.

No rattling issues at all. Its a great car. However I am still facing issues starting the car when on upward slope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangboy
I have heard lot of smal issues reported by owners of Swift, especially the rattling sound after few K kms of running.Not sure if they have corrected it now.

As far as FE is concerned,check with the actual owners of both Palio and Swift about mileage.
talk2anand is offline   Reply With Quote