Maruti Swift 127 59.07%
Hyundai Grand i10 88 40.93%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23rd June 2016, 09:19   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Swift vs Hyundai Grand i10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
Baleno sigma is not available at Maruti showrooms, cheapest baleno was priced above 6.4L if i remember correctly and there is a long waiting list. He needs his car delivered as soon as possible.
Surprising that they are saying Baleno Sigma is not available. Couple of my relatives who were looking at the same price range of under 6 lakhs, have ended up buying the Sigma.

In that case, Ameo would be my top choice, given the pricing, should also be available quickly too, and the feeling of having brand new model is exquisite.

Grand i10 is a wonderful car, but it only has Driver airbags in Magna, while there are better cars at that price point with more, worth considering.
autorahul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:25   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Surprising that they are saying Baleno Sigma is not available. Couple of my relatives who were looking at the same price range of under 6 lakhs, have ended up buying the Sigma.

In that case, Ameo would be my top choice, given the pricing, should also be available quickly too, and the feeling of having brand new model is exquisite.

Grand i10 is a wonderful car, but it only has Driver airbags in Magna, while there are better cars at that price point with more, worth considering.
Not only sigma not being available, long waiting period on baleno is also keeping him away from it.

Wouldn't service and maintenance cost of Ameo cost a bomb? Considering its a VW?
hgps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2016, 01:05   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
Not only sigma not being available, long waiting period on baleno is also keeping him away from it.

Wouldn't service and maintenance cost of Ameo cost a bomb? Considering its a VW?
My Polo owning friends tell me the difference is close to 2k when you consider annual service for VW vs half yearly services. The many many Polo ownership threads, would help you out on the same too, since the car is basically a Polo.

3-4 years is a pretty low ownership period for cars these days, and he would suffer a rather large depreciation hit on whatever he may purchase. Its better to buy considering a longer ownership. If your friend has decided that he would be selling the car in 3-4 years, no matter what, financially, it might be worth looking at used car market too.
autorahul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2016, 07:27   #184
BHPian

Grand i10 is a better choice compared to the Swift.
Being a BHPian, please try to educate him about the necessity of ABS and Airbags. If you manage to convince him, he'll educate more people and raise awareness.

Since he is not too concerned about FTD factor, the Figo with it's weak petrol engine (only relatively) would be a best choice considering it's got airbags and ABS in most trims.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 24th June 2016 at 07:28.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2016, 13:17   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
My Polo owning friends tell me the difference is close to 2k when you consider annual service for VW vs half yearly services. The many many Polo ownership threads, would help you out on the same too, since the car is basically a Polo.

3-4 years is a pretty low ownership period for cars these days, and he would suffer a rather large depreciation hit on whatever he may purchase. Its better to buy considering a longer ownership. If your friend has decided that he would be selling the car in 3-4 years, no matter what, financially, it might be worth looking at used car market too.
Talked to him. He will personally use the car for 3-4 years. The car will be passed to someone else in his family and will be used for 7 years/1L KM before being sold.
He's not interested in used cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Since he is not too concerned about FTD factor, the Figo with it's weak petrol engine (only relatively) would be a best choice considering it's got airbags and ABS in most trims.
Figo got airbag(s) standard but ABS is only available on top variant which is out of his budget.
hgps is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 12:23   #186

Update: He increased his budget and booked a hyundai i20 magna.
hgps is offline   Reply With Quote