Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 24th July 2006, 12:54   #1
Question Need Advice-What to look out for before Buying a Pre-Owned Car?

hi fellow petrol heads,my self looking for a pre-owned Car preferrably A Zen,Santro,Wagon R within a budget of 1.5Lakhs(max).

i went around to few Pre-owned dealers in Delhi and had a test drive of a no. of cars but was'nt all satisfied.

it would be of great help for me and to the junta of team-bhp ,if ppl around can chip in their Views,their Experiences,what to watch-out for?,Any leads to trustworthy dealers in delhi .

speedofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2006, 22:36   #2

Look for the following things:

- The tyre wear matches the odo reading. Most of the OEM fitted tyres are good for around 45K kms {depending on the driving style of'course}.
- Do check for the damages on under carriage.
- Check for the rust, mismatch in the paint jobs, impact signs to figure out if the car has been in an accident.
- Have an honest mechanic look at the car thoroughly.
Pankaj401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2006, 00:04   #3

Test drive the car upto 100-110 kms to check for any signs which may indicate that the car was damaged or wasn't maintained as it should have been.
Avoid dealers if you are not in a hurry to buy the car as private deals are more preffered in this case.
All the best!
autozealot is offline   Reply With Quote