Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 28th July 2006, 00:15   #16
BHPian

hey guys, did the test drive of palio today, and here is the story,

took my wife along with me, we had fixed 5.30 pm for the Td, i was immidiatly put off by the car they had arranged for Td, it was ferrari red, but looked at least two year old by the look, they told me it arrived in the afternoon and maybe it was lying unattended in the godown, what a kill joy any way i brushed aside my disappointment and sat in the car, of course nobody can get disappointed inside palio, i had this sardarji suffering from poor audio and was in permanent mute mode, i obliged him by taking a 20 km test drive, first took it on rough roads leading to palm beach at 60-80 it glides over everything with some attitude, streched it once at 2nd gear and that rasping note from exhaust made me forget my grudge with paint quality, gear shifting was smooth better then adventure i felt, once on the palm beach my wife watched with astonishment my gradual transition from man to a beast, she hardly appericiates or encourage sprited driving, thankfully she kept quite, devils in my blood vessels needed no further invitation, 100km in the 4th gear in no time 130 in fifth, i had to slow down, their is this curve at seawoods quite tricky, i took it at 130 and my babe taking them with a touch of sarcasm(so this is all you got), small and sweet test drive just to fall in love al over again, i mean i know i am talking about a legend here, anyway guys looks like its going to be a palio, my wife just shrugged off adventure and when i dropped her at home the way she turned back an looked (not me, at car guys) i knew she liked it, "lots of space" she told, yup after dropping her it was me and palio and that sardarji, gosh every one going for palio should get such driver free, makes our task so easy, while coming back i took bad strectches of raod without ralaxing the padel, tank, yup thats what you can call it,

my only worry is that they should not hand me over some old ailing in godown stuff, guys more or less its going to be a palio maybe in a month time, now i will have to contact someone to clear the "stock" situation

it would be interesting to see whether i would be able to hold on till a month time..
fight_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 01:08   #17
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Nice fight_club! Fuelled and me had visited TATA+Fiat dealership the otherday and the salesman was going gaga over a RED 1.6 Sport there. He said " Sir ji yeh sports car hai, issmein TURBO engine hai aur yeh 1.2 Palio se zyada average degi" heheh we didn't argue....

Anyways i think the palios coming to the market after the tata-fiat agreement has a slight flared front wheel arch. And the FOGS design are carried over from the S10... so look out for these if u think u are getting a old stock!!
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 01:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways i think the palios coming to the market after the tata-fiat agreement has a slight flared front wheel arch. And the FOGS design are carried over from the S10... so look out for these if u think u are getting a old stock!!
thanx man i needed some clues badly, also did you notice they are stressing on RED colour only, why not canary yellow, even for test drive and this one was second, they bought red only, is it me or something fishy here

Last edited by fight_club : 28th July 2006 at 01:22.
Old 28th July 2006, 01:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club
thanx man i needed some clues badly, also did you notice they are stressing on RED colour only, why not canary yellow, even for test drive and this one was second, they bought red only, is it me or something fishy here
I think most Palio 1.6's would be red and not yellow.I personally feel canary yellow looks the best on a palio.but then again I own an S10,so....
Yeah,the fenders on a 1.6 sport are identical to that on an S10 now,with a sharp crease running from the headlamps to the A pillar.
roms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 01:55   #20
BHPian

rom, i recall when i visited pawoi dealer they had a yellow one, and it was jerking, is it that they manufacturing more reds and maybe yellow was lying in the stock, now i have come accross two palios which had problems and looks like they were gathering dust their, tata-fiat is offilering a huge discount till 31st july(which i am sure will extend) but maybe they are clearing stocks as new one is expected in september, anyway also i have noticed ADventure sports in better conditions anywhere i have gone so it definetly means their are plenty of sports 1.6 lying in the stock
Old 28th July 2006, 02:37   #21
BHPian

If and when you buy the car do specify that you dont wish to have a car lying in their stocks for a long time.In any case,there is a way to check the manufacturing date of the car.
There is a plate/badge near the coolant tank when you open the hood.It states the month and year of manufacturing.For ex- B 06 means Feb 06,C 06 means March 06 and so on.
Old 28th July 2006, 02:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fuelled and me had visited TATA+Fiat dealership the otherday and the salesman was going gaga over a RED 1.6 Sport there. He said " Sir ji yeh sports car hai, issmein TURBO engine hai aur yeh 1.2 Palio se zyada average degi" heheh we didn't argue....
Are you serious? Which dealership is this?

Fight club, since you are going to get a Palio in about a month, why not wait till Sept/Oct and go for the new one? That way you will be sure that it's not old stock!
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 03:05   #23

Guys,
Iam from Hyderabad. Saw a F1 Red Palio 1.6 Sport a few days back at Concorde Motors, a Tata-Fiat dealer. Zeroed in on that color as my wife wanted it. This dealer is giving a discount of Rs.45K, after which the OTR price will be a coupla thousand less than 5Lacs. Now, i checked under the hood, and the manufacturing badge was reading as 'e 06' and i inferred that it is made in May '06. But, can u be sure of this badging. Like fightclub saying, a lot of red sports could have been made earlier and badged now with a latest date???
YsableKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 03:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
why not wait till Sept/Oct and go for the new one? That way you will be sure that it's not old stock!
are you sure 1.6 would also be modified, becoz many have told me they will just face lift 1.2 , and also it can take longer then sept/oct but anyway will give it a thought, as a matter of fact mailed today only to fiat lemme see their reply,

roms thanks again, i am visiting one dealer in dadar tomorrow, i will keep in mind will also take some pics
Old 28th July 2006, 08:37   #25
BHPian

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Hi Club,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Few days before we went to one of the tata showrooms with a friend who was buying a xeta. There were indicas, indigos and marinas lying in the showroom along with a adventure and a palio sport 1.6.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]My girlfriend who was with me noticed the adventure, enquired to me about it and got interested in it. Now she has not much idea about cars and for her the better is the one that has a lower sales price on it. But she without having any previous information about the fiat build quality tells me that this car looks strong and has a impressive presence then other cars lying here. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Then I told her about the qualities of fiats and told her that we will be buying one of these when it’s our time to buy.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Now when were are in the process of deciding she simply decided against the palio 1.6, even though she will be driving the car many times. Her observation was that it looks like a toy in the red and yellow colours, and these are the only colours available for 1.6. This remark comes from her who was ok with xetas, sentros and marutis. But the change in perspective came I think because now she has seen the adventure.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Yesterday we did the test drive of adventure and are soon going to book one. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]What I mean to say is that if your wife does the test drive too and you father gets a chance to sit or drive the adventure then both of them will beg you to go for it. Just for the sake of owning it. Even though you will be the one who will be driving it..[/SIZE][/FONT]
premchetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 13:24   #26
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Are you serious? Which dealership is this?
Yeah this is the TATA-FIAT dealer in Noida ... there were two Palio's in their reception area. A Black 1.2 and a RED 1.6 Sport, We just asked bout the FE of the 1.2 first and the salesman said it gives around 11-12kmpl and then we said "1.6 Sport must be giving 9-10kmpl as 1.2 is more fuel efficient" then the salesman started off bout 1.6 "Sir ji yeh sports car hai, issmein TURBO engine hai aur yeh 1.2 Palio se zyada average degi 15-16kmpl toh aasaani se deti hai" ... we left it at that. Btw They were ready to give the delivery of the Palio's on the day of the booking/downpayment itself probably lot of cars in stock and i guess he mention 30K off on 1.6
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 20:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YsableKid
Guys,
Now, i checked under the hood, and the manufacturing badge was reading as 'e 06' and i inferred that it is made in May '06. But, can u be sure of this badging. Like fightclub saying, a lot of red sports could have been made earlier and badged now with a latest date???
I dont think it would be easy to change the badge.That badge has the chassis and engine number printed on it too.Plus,the cars that were bought by dealers and are now in stock cannot be tampered with so easily by the dealers themselves.I feel the "E 06" should be genuine.
Anyways,it has'nt been a long time since the palio 1.6 was relaunched.So even the oldest of cars in stock may not be more a year 8-10 months old.
Thats just my take on the whole issue.
Old 29th July 2006, 18:09   #28
BHPian

i went to shaman in worli yesterday, as they are supposed to be the original dealers of fiat, first i spoke to some fellow rahul over their and he told me both adventure and sports are on display, but when i reached their i was utterly disappointed to see neither of them, this visit was good enough for me to realize what went wrong with fiat, first of all he put up all sort of excuses "sir the car has gone for a TD", i said fine lemme wait, then he told me "its has gone for a TD at majhgav" i enquuired with him about extended warranty and he told me its quite useless, i told him how tata is giving a list of parts and things covered in it, but he argued you will have to pay for anything going wrong, icing on the cake was his quotation which was highest i got from anywhere, before leaving i firmly expressed my disappointment and gave bit of peace of mind to mr, rahul, maybe a letter to fiat would not be such a bad idea about my expereince,

my question to everyone is "is extended warranty useful or useless and what exactly is covered in it" ??

Last edited by fight_club : 29th July 2006 at 18:13.
Old 29th July 2006, 18:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Her observation was that it looks like a toy in the red and yellow colours
prem i will agree with her to certain extent, red and yellow colours may not go down with everyone, maybe thunder black should have been an option with sports 1.6, about showing adventure and giving a test drive in it to my wife, i did and tried convincing her like a adventure salesman, but she was not buying any of those, she is a nervous driver and adventure size made her franatic, anyway i have one month with me so...
Old 29th July 2006, 18:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Fight_club,
try Anuroop Auto.
You will not be dissapointed.
Their number is - 022-28759042.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote