Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 9th August 2015, 20:02   #226
BHPian

Default Re: Need a new car - A diesel workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
I echo your feelings but for me it's a very close call between the Polo TDi and the Punto Evo. VW has a better ASS coverage when compared to Fiat. But both cars are very good. Resale of VW is better that that of Fiat.
+ 1 to that. Since the polo is the heaviest of all if i am not wrong, what's the life expectancy of the tires? And what are the service bills for the same?
Singh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 23:20   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
+ 1 to that. Since the polo is the heaviest of all if i am not wrong, what's the life expectancy of the tires? And what are the service bills for the same?
Polo is not the heaviest, Punto Evo is heavier than Polo by 40 kgs at 1190 kgs. Tyre life would be similar on both cars at 35-40k kms, Polo comes with 185/60R15 and Punto offers wider 195/60 R15 tyres pr 195/55R16 if you go for 90HP version.

Punto has better build, ride, handling, steering, NVH, rear space, ground clearance and from my experience FIAT's support is much better than hopeless VAG.

Polo has better interior quality, engine, premium image, resale and better gearbox. The service costs for Polo would be 8-10 k every year whereas Punto costs 4-6k, VW offers 2+2 warranty and Fiat offers 3+2 warranty scheme.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 23:27   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Won't the Ciaz fit in your budget? I'm sure the diesel will be sub 9 lakhs in Gurgaon. All your requirements are checked with the Ciaz.
The Ciaz 9.41 Lacs OTR (without any discounts though). So I think you could give it a shot. This car is a breeze to drive and after the turbo kicks in, it can act like a car for an enthusiast. But it is no where close to where SX4 used to be, in case you wish to compare.
deathucider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 19:14   #229
BHPian

Default Confused Between Ritz ZXI & Zest XMS (Revotron)

Hi folks,

I am in the Market for a Petrol Car (A good hatchBack or a Compact Sedan) witha budget of maximum 6.3 lakhs OTR Pune.
After visiting several Dealerships and considering the fact that the car has to have Both ABS & Airbags, I have zeroed in On two choices.
Not considering the i10 Grand and other available options (untill the family rejects both the final shortlisted options )

--Ritz ZXI
--Zest XMS Revotron

I am really getting a sweet deal on the Ritz which calculates to 5.6- 5.7 Lakhs OTR after many rounds of negtiations.
The zest XMS will cost 6.4 OTR with all the Discounts.

However I am hearing rumours that the Ritz will be soon either discontinued or will be facelifted
Somehow my heart is also tending towards the Zest

I just have a question that, Should i go for a good, proven & reliable car which has the possiblity of getting phased out or i should go for a more modern looking & feature loaded Zest ?

Note : My personal and obvious vote goes to the Zest but finding it very difficult to convince the family members, who somewhat do not trust the Tata Badge.
GypsyKing_775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 20:48   #230
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Confused Between Ritz ZXI & Zest XMS(Revotron)

According to this post (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3746525 (Is Maruti silently discontinuing the Ritz & Dzire AT?) ) Ritz production have already been stopped.

My vote is for Zest, for the value the car offers.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 20:59   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Considering that you get a more modern car which is more spacious and also loaded with a more features, I would also suggest the Zest over the Ritz. Also, I would assume that the Revtron, being a turbo petrol would offer better drivability
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 21:21   #232
BHPian

My vote would go to the Zest Revotron for the following resons
  • Ritz may be discontinued soon
  • Zest is a newer package, with more features
  • It is more spacious, with a boot to add
  • It's more powerful, with the added advantage of greater torque, hence better driveability courtesy the turbo petrol.
  • Almost no turbo lag on a proven (Xeta's) 1.2 engine.
  • Great infotainment system

Still, as someone famous has said, one look (test drive) is worth a thousand reports. So do go ahead and take both the cars for a spin & decide for yourself !

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 21:41   #233
Senior - BHPian

It's a no brainer. Zest should be the obvious choice. It's a new model and Ritz as reported is discontinued so no point buying it. Niggles are present in every car so don't worry about it. Also, the boot is always helpful in weekend trips.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 22:09   #234
BHPian

Ritz is not discontinued yet, however may soon be. It's only the AT which is discontinued. My colleague just bought one 2 weeks back.

I too was 2 minds about the Ritz, however considered it for the following points

1. VFM package at the price. Period
2. Excellent drive-ability of the K12 engine . Coming from an esteem, I am very happy with the choice. The entire platform is shared with the swift, so will not face issues with parts in the future.
3. Good resale value in the used car market as it is a proven reliable car. Not as high resale value as swift but again a similar spec Swift Zxi was 1.2L more with less space. I doubt a Zest would be able to hold its price over a long period. And its not that Zest sales are high.
4. Build quality way better than other Maruti's thanks to the mating with Germans.

I was going to keep the car for a long time. So long term reliability was a point to consider for me which the Ritz has proven over time.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 22:24   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Having seen a few Zests of friends I too would suggest to go for the Zest over the Ritz. In fact one of my friends is so happy with the Zest that he got two of them, one silver and one white.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 22:26   #236
BHPian

I would go with the Zest Revotron for the following reasons:

1. A competent petrol engine, has good amount of refinement.
2. Car is nothing like any other previous TATA car.
3. Loaded with some of the first-in-class features (Projector headlamps, DLRs, Harman touchscreen infotainment, etc)
4. You get a bigger car as compared to the Ritz.
5. Some 14K discount is doing the rounds this monsoon I think. (Concorde motors, Baner) and a free assured gift as well. Plus the regular corporate discount. A little more bargaining should get you some great deal.

Just my 2 cents worth.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 22:30   #237
MSC
BANNED

Default Re: Confused Between Ritz ZXI & Zest XMS (Revotron)

The Tata Zest will obviously the better choice among the two. The only problem however is to make family members overlook the Tata brand.
Zest no doubt is a great car. Had it been from any other manufacturer, it would have been an entirely different story.
MSC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 18:34   #238
BHPian

Default Re: The B2-segment Hatchbacks Comparison Thread!

Thank you all for your valuable replies.
The zest seems a logical choice over the "to be discontinued" Ritz.
However, considering the launch of aspire & the spot on pricing of the car, the heart (& better half ) has suggested to wait for the figo hatch.
(she has started to read team-BHP on my suggestion & now is addicted )
Hope they have similar safety features across the range.
Any update's/idea when does ford plan to launch the same?

I know I am still not able to decide on a Hatch or a compact Sedan, But i think waiting for The Figo Hatch will be worth it.
Old 20th August 2015, 22:57   #239
BANNED

Wait for the Figo hatch or else go for the Ritz; the car is extremely practical, is built well, will be cheap to maintain and at the price, it poses extreme value for money

Stay away from the Zest. It is a Tata afterall and I say that because quality issues are still a concern. Check all interior panels as something will fail due to poor quality and these niggles will forever plaque a Tata car.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2015, 09:07   #240
BHPian

Thanks for your reply IshaanIan. Checked with the showroom manager of Sai Service Pune(Hinjewadi) & got to know that maruti has no plans to discontinue the current Generation Ritz atleast for a year.
The AT seems to be discontinued, but anyways i am here for a manual.
That pumps some confidence.

Will wait (anxiously) for the figo hatch for now.