Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


View Poll Results: Your recommendation?
Celerio 52 38.24%
WagonR 84 61.76%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2014, 16:00   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

@SIMKIM,

My only advice to you is TD, TD and TD. You'll be surprised what you'll end up buying
Car-go-man is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2014, 19:41   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 38
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

@Car-go-man : I have taken test ride of WagonR, Celerio AMT and Celerio M (ZXi) , Grand i10 .

Did not like why Grand i10 is being so highly rated or so much hoopla around it, maybe I did not took it on highways but for city ride I think the car was ok. On the top of it the Hyundai guys in Pune are paying me exactly half for my existing WagonR (I am comparing it with what offer I got against Celerio - so no exchange bonus has come into the equation till now)

I liked Celerio ZXi more than the Celerio AMT (VXi) - perhaps too much used to manual gear system and maybe Celerio is not fully refined yet in terms of lag which we see when gears shift .

Had a chance to look at both WagonR and Celerio today, interiors and space : WagonR scores in terms of interiors - dual tone and cabin space. Celerio scores when looked from outside - a better look car especially the front.

Need to now see the Hyundai i10 : It is a better looking car but not sure about the value proposition it gives.

Fellow BHPians any inputs on i10 when compared with WagonR - fuel efficiency and practicality . I know Maruti scores in terms of maintenance.

Also heard that i10 has just the old engine now, Hyundai removed the latest engine from i10 just to avoid competition to Grand i10.
SIMKIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2014, 07:48   #48
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 4,043
Thanked: 7,369 Times
Default Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

I would urge you to wait for the soon to be launched WagonR AMT. The AMT unit on the new K10 drives better than the one in Celerio as per reports. So, we expect the same for WagonR. Just Hope MSIL will offer the AMT unit along with the VXi Option trim.

I prefer the WagonR to Celerio. The former is a much better city car and it looks cleaner too. And the cabin space in the new WagonR beggars belief. I really like the incredible visibility from the drivers seat, its almost like a SUV. Just remember to slap in a reverse camera as the rear is quite tall and can hide quite a few things.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2014, 10:24   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 120
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMKIM View Post

Fellow BHPians any inputs on i10 when compared with WagonR - fuel efficiency and practicality . I know Maruti scores in terms of maintenance.

Also heard that i10 has just the old engine now, Hyundai removed the latest engine from i10 just to avoid competition to Grand i10.
The i10 1.1 has better drivability as compared to the Wagon R. Infact the low end torque is better as compared to the 1.2 Grand i10 IMO. The top Sportz trim is missing some features as compared to top model of Wagon R:

1. No adjustable headrests.
2. Rear wiper/defogger missing.
3. 13 inch tires. Wagon R Vxi comes with 14 inch.

As I have heard from my colleague who has recently purchased an i10 1.1 - he is getting an in city mileage of 9-10kmpl. I believe that figures will improve post first service plus it depends a lot on one's driving style.

Last edited by CountMe91 : 8th November 2014 at 10:25.
CountMe91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2014, 14:42   #50
BHPian
 
MadAbtCars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 88
Thanked: 193 Times
Default Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMKIM View Post
@Car-go-man :

Had a chance to look at both WagonR and Celerio today, interiors and space : WagonR scores in terms of interiors - dual tone and cabin space. Celerio scores when looked from outside - a better look car especially the front.

Need to now see the Hyundai i10 : It is a better looking car but not sure about the value proposition it gives.
Not sure how you are rating the cabin space of Wagon R as more than that of celerio. With a width of 1600mm Celerio is much wider as compared to WagonR with a width of 1475mm. The wheel base of celerio with 2425mm is also better than WagonR's 2400mm. There is no doubt that Celerio is much more roomier than the WagonR.

With regards to I10, it certainly has a better ride than WagonR. But the fuel efficiency and maintenance costs will make a big hole in your pocket. I have owned 2 Hyundai's in the past (Santro & Getz) and Hyundai spare parts are very costly.
MadAbtCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2014, 15:56   #51
BHPian
 
racerdabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bokaro steel city
Posts: 66
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

My mom uses a 2010 WagonR Vxi(o) as her daily drive. As per her she got this car due to ease of access, and driveabilty in city. Gears are short slot well, clutch is very light and progressive, steering is disconnected. Its that light. Overall its a very easy car to drive.

Music system is average, though mids and highs are clear. We have the old HU which needs a adapter for USB. So only aux. Cant comment on USB usage.

Ride quality is good, and NVH levels are pretty good for a tin can maruti. Handling leaves much to be desired, but the ride covers up for it.

Its a practical no nonsense car which is pretty much Fill it Forget It.

Ohh and it gives an FE of 18 in city with AC on. Mom does drive sedately though.

The celerio, i TDed when a friend wanted to buy a car. Interiors are very cheap. Atleast they look so. Driveabilty is almost same as wagonR, but handling is way better. Very taut car, rides stiff though.

Front space is nowhere as good as WagonR, rear is roomy, but the low stance and tiny windows make you feel claustrophobic. I feel the WagonR is roomier with less boot space. Celerio has a deeper boot, but the loading lip is high and the seat backs cut in steeply. Not much use for larger luggage.

The ICE in celerio sounds exactly like wagonR, no nothing is changed.

Seeing the discounts, and your running, the Wagon makes better sense. The celerio does look good, but other than AMT, i dont see its USP.
racerdabba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2014, 17:09   #52
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,729
Thanked: 89,228 Times
Default Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

Mod Note: Poll added

Thanks to BHPian Arnabchak for suggesting the same!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2014, 10:01   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAbtCars View Post
Not sure how you are rating the cabin space of Wagon R as more than that of celerio. With a width of 1600mm Celerio is much wider as compared to WagonR with a width of 1475mm. The wheel base of celerio with 2425mm is also better than WagonR's 2400mm. There is no doubt that Celerio is much more roomier than the WagonR.
Yes, Wagon R is less wider than Celerio, however it is more roomier in 2 ways-
1. Head room
2. Leg room

The quality of seats and comfort also seems better than Celerio.

Dimensions are one thing, but how it is being utilized is another. To put things in perspective, Indica/Vista and Swift/Ritz may share same dimensions, but Indica/Vista has better space utilization than the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMKIM View Post
@Car-go-man : I have taken test ride of WagonR, Celerio AMT and Celerio M (ZXi) , Grand i10 .

Did not like why Grand i10 is being so highly rated or so much hoopla around it, maybe I did not took it on highways but for city ride I think the car was ok. On the top of it the Hyundai guys in Pune are paying me exactly half for my existing WagonR (I am comparing it with what offer I got against Celerio - so no exchange bonus has come into the equation till now)

I liked Celerio ZXi more than the Celerio AMT (VXi) - perhaps too much used to manual gear system and maybe Celerio is not fully refined yet in terms of lag which we see when gears shift .

Had a chance to look at both WagonR and Celerio today, interiors and space : WagonR scores in terms of interiors - dual tone and cabin space. Celerio scores when looked from outside - a better look car especially the front.

Need to now see the Hyundai i10 : It is a better looking car but not sure about the value proposition it gives.

Fellow BHPians any inputs on i10 when compared with WagonR - fuel efficiency and practicality . I know Maruti scores in terms of maintenance.

Also heard that i10 has just the old engine now, Hyundai removed the latest engine from i10 just to avoid competition to Grand i10.
Hey Simkim

I was in the same boat as you a couple of months back. I had a first-gen WagonR that I traded for a new one (Wagon R VXI).

My reasons for going with WagonR-
  1. Spacious for 4 adults- perfect for my small family
  2. Got a good deal for my old car and got good discounts for the new one
  3. I wanted a car with split-seat
  4. Constrained budget and limited parking space

My grouses-
  1. Poor low-end torque. Not as peppy as i10 1.1
  2. NVH
  3. Handling and dynamics. It's always been its weakest spot

Didn't consider Celerio as I was looking for a tall boy for easy ingress/egress for my parents.

Last edited by ajmat : 9th November 2014 at 13:01.
Car-go-man is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2014, 11:07   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 38
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

Thanks @Car-go-man.

I like the new WagonR and the VFM package it is offering right now.

What was the offer and dealer freebies you got against your old Waggie ?
SIMKIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2014, 21:11   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
W.A.G.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,095
Thanked: 717 Times
Arrow Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

I would suggest go ahead with the WagonR. One of my close relatives bought one (VXi) recently; over the Celerio, and I must say he is one happy person ever since. Though I hate cars with too much 'forward bias' (too much front overhang and too little rear overhang ) I still think a WagonR is great practical buy in today's world. I was amazed by the overall space inside the car and the nice looking interiors of the WagonR. Considering your height; overall I think this one would be a better choice over the Celerio
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2014, 21:17   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 38
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

Hey Guys :

One more aspect - WagonR Vxi vs Ritz Vxi

The Rtiz is currently running discounts upto 75K.

What is the overall mileage in Ritz and what I have heard is that Ritz gives lower mileage than Swift in spite of same engines (Petrol).
SIMKIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 00:30   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 521
Thanked: 450 Times
Default Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMKIM View Post
Hey Guys :

One more aspect - WagonR Vxi vs Ritz Vxi

The Rtiz is currently running discounts upto 75K.

What is the overall mileage in Ritz and what I have heard is that Ritz gives lower mileage than Swift in spite of same engines (Petrol).
Dear SIMKIM,
Appreciate that you are not coming to a conclusion in a hurry / anxiety and considering all options.

Ritz has been praised as a good car, better than Wagon R. But please also consider that Ritz sells in much less numbers than Wagon R. It is not a fresh product like Celerio and it has well passed the middle of its life cycle. This will affect the cost of spares / service. This will also affect resale value and ease of resale. This may nullify the high discount available today.

TATA BOLT also is likely to be launched in Jan 2015. This car can offer you good VFM, reasonable maintenance cost, good interiors and good space. As per the reports on T-BHP, the niggles traditionally associated with TATA cars have been corrected in the modern cars BOLT and ZEST.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 11:06   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMKIM View Post
Thanks @Car-go-man.

I like the new WagonR and the VFM package it is offering right now.

What was the offer and dealer freebies you got against your old Waggie ?
Offers (I bought in September in Bangalore):
  • 40K discount (including corporate discount) on the new Wagon R
  • 20K exchange bonus for my old '00 Wagon R
  • Freebies- not much since I am one of the worst negotiators
  • Also, for my old car I got at least 20K more than what Hyundai & Chevrolet were offering


Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMKIM View Post
Hey Guys :

One more aspect - WagonR Vxi vs Ritz Vxi

The Rtiz is currently running discounts upto 75K.

What is the overall mileage in Ritz and what I have heard is that Ritz gives lower mileage than Swift in spite of same engines (Petrol).
I looked at Ritz too, but at that time the discounts were only 30K and also the Ritz VXI (compared to Wagon R VXI) did not have-
  1. Rear wiper and washer- this was a deal breaker for me
  2. Electrically adjustable ORVMs
  3. Music system

But if you're getting good discounts on Ritz, I would go for Ritz as any day it is a better car than Wagon R in almost all respects-
  1. Much better engine and gearbox
  2. Handles better
  3. Better tyres
  4. Better build
  5. Bigger boot
Car-go-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 15:23   #59
BHPian
 
veyron_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 419
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

I voted for the WagonR. I know both may not excel in crash tests, but the WagonR sure looks much better built & sturdy to me than the celerio. Its got decades of tried and tested credentials.
veyron_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 21:34   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default Re: Maruti: WagonR or Celerio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMKIM View Post
Hey Guys :

One more aspect - WagonR Vxi vs Ritz Vxi

The Rtiz is currently running discounts upto 75K.

What is the overall mileage in Ritz and what I have heard is that Ritz gives lower mileage than Swift in spite of same engines (Petrol).
75K? Are you sure ? I am also looking to replace my Elantra CRDi with WagonR or Ritz. If maruti is offering that much of a discount , then i will surely go for Ritz instead of WagonR.
May be wait for Dec 2014 discounts?
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti WagonR over Hyundai Eon? EDIT : Bought WagonR with ABS / Airbags BoneCollector Hatchbacks 35 22nd May 2015 11:49
Celerio: Maruti going cheap on Safety? vkarulkar Technical Stuff 29 6th May 2014 21:07
Maruti to offer Automated Manual ("EZdrive") in small cars*EDIT: Celerio AMT launched tj123 The Indian Car Scene 491 28th March 2014 20:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks