Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

View Poll Results: Which is a better VFM?
Celerio VXI AMT (4.6 lacs Ex-Showroom) 10 29.41%
Alto K10 AMT (3.8 lacs Ex-Showroom) 24 70.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th June 2015, 11:23   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Alto K10 or Celerio (MT)

Quote:
Can you please share the source for this information?
I have read in the below link, please do check for Celerio.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rst-drive.html (Maruti Suzuki Celerio: First Drive)

What you won't like:
- Manual transmission doesn't feel fun to drive.

And for Maruti Ritz, below is the source.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/46954892.cms
dsnaveen21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2015, 13:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

I think this is a good choice made by you.
I have not gone through the thread. But I would like to mention that I have a Celerio VXI AMT. Bought it in FEB this year and have driven for 5000 KMs now.
I feel if this is the only car at home then it has to be Celerio, if it is a second car then ALTO k10 is also a good option.
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2015, 14:32   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru0101 View Post
Thanks All for valuable inputs. Booked the Celerio ZXI (MT) today
That's great news ! Please post some pictures of your new car. If you are new driver then just a piece of advice , use both ORVMs while driving specially when you drive in city(one way road) and in reverse gear because it really helps a lot. Make sure you put good quality fuel from renowned fuel pumps and be gentle with the clutch.
Enjoy your new car and drive safe !
DriveHigh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2015, 14:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru0101 View Post
Thanks All for valuable inputs. Booked the Celerio ZXI (MT) today
Congratulations! Hope you went for the ZXi(O) with ABS and Airbags.
Viju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:10   #50

Default Re: Maruti: Alto K10 AMT vs Celerio AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Congratulations! Hope you went for the ZXi(O) with ABS and Airbags.
I have booked ZXI MT. Looks good. ZXI(O) is 70K more than this, which is clearly out of my budget.
guru0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2015, 22:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Celerio any day, don't even think twice. Reason: I am cross posting my observations from official review.
Even I was surprised that many bhpians suggesting Alto over Celerio. Having driven both the car back to back, I completely agree with you Anshuman. Its Celerio for me. I think most the people who has commented earlier has not driven both the cars.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 19:38   #52

Hi, have a dilemma very similar to Guru0101 and would like the advice of my fellow BHPians. I am looking to buy my first car just before my marriage. I'll be using it primarily in the city for a daily commute of about 10-15 km. Will eventually plan a few highway runs but that's only after I get used to the car and the roads.
My core priority is a car which will be easy to own on my pocket and on my time. Since this is my first car, owning it will be a learning experience for me so obviously I'm looking for a vehicle that will be a 'safe' option. By safe I also mean literally.
I was of the opinion that the AltoK10 VXI(O) was the perfect car for my requirement given that it came within my budget of 4 lac rupees. However Team BHP's official review paints a very disturbing picture of the car's stability and safety. It's for this reason alone that I am considering stretching my budget by about a lakh rupees and going in for the Celerio ZXI MT.
So is it worth spending a lakh more for the Celerio or is it more or less as safe/unsafe as the K10? For me the car's are otherwise matched in terms of features. The car's essentially going to be used by a couple so extra features that the Celerio ZXI has such as rear power windows and rear speakers aren't really necessary, though not unwelcome. Also, my wife's on the shorter side whereas I'm 5'9, so the K10'S proportions aren't a veto either.

A quick explanation as to why I haven't listed some other cars -
WagonR - The ladies in my family hate the boxy looks.
Eon - Not quite VFM IMO
Kwid - Love the looks and think it's a great car but am very hesitant to bet on a brand new product by a manufacturer that isn't that established in India. Also the official launch of the car keeps getting delayed and I need to seal the deal with my new car by this weekend.

Also, I'm quite comfortable with manual shifts so the AMTs are ruled out. Would rather use the money on a bit more features and a driver airbag.

So what do you say? Alto K10 VXI(O) or Celerio ZXI MT? Would also be grateful if Guru0101 can give me an honest review about his ride.
RitanRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 21:49   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitanRex View Post
So what do you say? Alto K10 VXI(O) or Celerio ZXI MT? Would also be grateful if Guru0101 can give me an honest review about his ride.
I'd say Celerio ZXi variant. Does have better space and safety equipment as compared to the K10.

Performance is better in the K10 but not at the cost of safety. Since you aren't keen on the AMT variant then go ahead with the ZXi variant of the Celerio.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 10:58   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitanRex View Post
My core priority is a car which will be easy to own on my pocket and on my time. Since this is my first car, owning it will be a learning experience for me so obviously I'm looking for a vehicle that will be a 'safe' option. By safe I also mean literally.
If its safety your looking for - i mean SAFETY - then these are not the cars my friend. Both these cars do not have a solid build quality - airbags are present, but what is the use if structure fails in case of an impact ?

My suggestion would be to look at used car market for better options. In case you don't want to travel that route maybe pump up the budget a bit?
BaluJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 22:49   #55
Senior - BHPian

Celerio anyday, get the AMT for convenience if you want but definitely a CELERIO over an Alto. Its better built, more precise in its handling, has more room than the Alto and most of all on the highway it feels considerably planted than the Alto.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote