Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2006, 11:54   #1
BHPian

palio 1.6 gtx v/s chevy srv

guys i was just going thru the specs of the chevy srv and found out tht the palio 1.6 gtx and srv have quite the same specs. but i guess the chevy might have a top speed higher than palio. although the palio may smoke it in the pick up. wht do u guys think
Old 23rd August 2006, 12:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

They both have top speeds in the region of 170-175.

But it is the way these cars reach their speeds that differs.

Rev the SRV over 3K and the engine starts wheezing and sounds asthamatic. But hte Palio loves to be revved, giving a sporty snarl above 4k.

Plus, off the line the Palio is much quicker than teh SRV (this is my seat of the pants feeling having driven both cars).

finally the killer- Palio 5.1 L OTR (Incl. disc.) Bangalore
SRV 8.1L OTR Bangalore!!!!
Old 23rd August 2006, 13:32   #3
Team-BHP Support

The SRV is 3L more and offers more leg room and little better interiors but slightly poorer acceleration than the Palio 1.6 GTX. It is priced to compete with the Vtec but is not as quick as the Vtec and the Vtec has a trunk. So I dont know what the guys in GM are thinking.

THey should tweak the 1.8L engine they have to produce 120hp and drop that in the SRV along with the 1.8LT interiors or atleast Aveo LT interiors and re position it as a luxury hot hatch (given that it has the same legroom as the Optra and can compete with the Corolla and Civic in that department).
Old 23rd August 2006, 13:38   #4
BANNED

Hi Navin, I asked a friend who works with GM why they couldn't do that. Apparently it's because costs would skyrocket to a point where they thought people won't pay that much for a hatch.
Old 23rd August 2006, 14:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Hi Navin, I asked a friend who works with GM why they couldn't do that. Apparently it's because costs would skyrocket to a point where they thought people won't pay that much for a hatch.
Even at the current pricing I dont see people queing up for hte SRV. The car has been launched for over a motnh now but i havent seen a single SRV till date in Bangalore except teh Garuda test drive car.

Compare this with the Civic, which can now be seen quite regularly in Bangalore
Old 23rd August 2006, 14:34   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
Even at the current pricing I dont see people queing up for hte SRV. The car has been launched for over a motnh now but i havent seen a single SRV till date in Bangalore except teh Garuda test drive car.

Compare this with the Civic, which can now be seen quite regularly in Bangalore
I agree. I haven't seen a single SRV in Pune, but have already seen a couple of Civic's. I think the SRV has bombed.
Old 23rd August 2006, 14:49   #7
BHPian

But the SRV is being marketed heavily.....
I see a lot of ads on the SRV on TV nowadays but not a single Civic ad
Old 23rd August 2006, 19:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

Right said, I saw dozen's of Civic in Bangalore, looks elder brother of NHC, Civic is amazing car, I saw more palio's now a days in Bangalore, but not even single SRV till date since its launch, I have seen SRV in showroom it looks very handsome except that nothing else from it I feel. Color choices for SRV is not attractive too.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 23rd August 2006, 19:46   #9
BHPian

I don't know what GM is trying to do with SRV. Fusion being a very good car bombed. Did they not see that happening to SRV? Common guys, they would have thought of it and more. I am just missing the other part.
Old 23rd August 2006, 21:49   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Honda dude

You want real performance. A drivers car. Go for the Palio 1.6.

If all you want is a poser - go ahead with the SRV. There really is nothing sporty about the hatch, or that 1.6 OPtra engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks