Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 1st September 2006, 16:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil, before you make the final decision, just test drive Palio 1.2 and 1.6 too...
Old 1st September 2006, 18:00   #47

Nikhil,

Would recommend Silver colour as its one of the easiest one to maintain, especially in dusty conditions.

Regards,

Diablo

Swift Vxi (Silky Silver), 4200km, 5 Months, 12~14 kmpl city, 16~17kmpl Highway
Old 1st September 2006, 19:33   #48
BHPian

Default hi guys..

finneyp, FIATs are my third preferred ones!!! No doubt they are the solids of the lot!! But how bout its service and ownership costs??!! TATA's FIAT service reports in my city isn't still 'that' encouraging to go for a FIAT car!! Anyways.. whatz the FF of 1.2-s and 1.6-s in average??!!

diablo29, well... Reg Silver, what you said is absolutely right!! My first car - a M800DX was Silver!!! It never fades if maintained properly and also it shines like new just by a water service!!

anyways.. thankx for the responces....
Nikhil.
Old 1st September 2006, 20:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
sandeep, yeah dude...I just browsed the other sections to see more bout K&N fil on Swift!! Thanks for that info!!

Ajay_J, yeah dude.. I just can't digest its "moving ability" as of a petrol car!!! I use NHC, 1.6Ikon, Lancer LX(d) and Indica DLE regularly as I have these cars in my family.... The worst one I have encountered so far is Indica and I don't want to make any more mistakes and regret it later!! Swift was in my favorite list till I test drove the car!! This is the reason why am asking bout countering its sluggishness in some other way so that I can own a car I love!!

jasmeetsingh, I drove the demo cars in all ways possible!!! And yes, I love its performance once the tacho jumps 2.5-3K rpm! Its an amazing car in all other respects. Amazing drive comfort, a premium drive feel etc etc... sticks me to finalise on a SWIFT ZXi!!

Anyways..thanks guys...
Nikhil.
good on you mate, you are making the right decision. the esteem engine is a dream, although in the swift, it does make a difference with the height & weight of the car. but you really have to know how to drive the swift/esteem. cant make gear changes in low revs & expect it to have the pull like an esteem. you have it to take it to higher revs to really experience the joy of driving the swift. dont really worry about the 1km drop in mileage, it would be worth it. but, please wait for the diesel version. hope that would have a much more refined powerful engine
Old 1st September 2006, 22:35   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
FIATs are my third preferred ones!!! No doubt they are the solids of the lot!! But how bout its service and ownership costs??!! TATA's FIAT service reports in my city isn't still 'that' encouraging to go for a FIAT car!! Anyways.. whatz the FF of 1.2-s and 1.6-s in average??!!
Nikhil, you can check my Ownership Report of my Palio 1.2 - 11000 kms here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...11000-kms.html
In Cochin, R F Motors is doing great job in Service for both Tata & Fiat cars. You can see a thread on R F Motors in Review section.
Sorry, I didn't get what u mean by 'FF'?
Old 1st September 2006, 23:05   #51
BHPian

Default hi guys

esteem lover, thanks for that compliment... well...esteem-s are way better than swift-s interms of throttle response!!! Esteem is an awsome car when you talk bout its pedigree!! but thatz it these days... and tho the swift comes with esteem-s moded engine.., the other parameters like tyre size, gearing etc etc makes its end result as a sluggier car than the other!! thanks again dude..!!

finneyp, thanks for that link!! I'll check and revert for more infos.

Hey what I meant is FE (fuel efficiency) and not FF!! Sorry for th trouble!!
Reg RF Motors in Cochin, I live just a km far from its showrrom as well as service centre!! Many of my friends are getting thier TATA's and FIAT's serviced there.... what i know bout them is not that great atleast about service!! They have a "tightly scheduled" service program and the top managements force the team leaders to hit the targets at any costs!! This is a true thing happening there and thatz the reason why many have complaints reg thier service!!! Its a 50-50 chance!!!

Thanks a ton guys... pl continue...
Old 2nd September 2006, 01:11   #52
BHPian

365 days, 2 days of regular service(hopefully),50-50 chance with RF motors or a sluggish driving experience for the next few years of your life?Its your call.
Old 2nd September 2006, 04:00   #53
BHPian

i was wondering how come no mention of palio, see not just the car but the fans can also brainwash you, now on a serious note and mind it i have no experience on swift, i am getting an impression that you got a very strong impression of the car(swift) and somehow it has not lived up to your expectation in terms of performance, and maybe you are in a self-denial state but performance is up their in your mind and after dle your heart is yearning for a racy performer, lemme tell you when it comes to making decesion in cars and love always follow your heart, guess what even after Vtec(mind 70% heart 30%) my heart is yearning for fiat 1.6 or adventure sport.

so dude go with your instinct and you will never regert it.

all the best.
Old 2nd September 2006, 12:00   #54
Senior - BHPian

Still repeating what I said earlier - Swift ZXI.
Old 2nd September 2006, 12:07   #55
BHPian

after reading the thread I think you can for SWIFT VXI (wih ABS) spend that extra money saved on bettr things...
just a suggestion as I did..
Wadhwa Ajay
Old 2nd September 2006, 12:25   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude
after reading the thread I think you can for SWIFT VXI (wih ABS) spend that extra money saved on bettr things...
just a suggestion as I did..
Wadhwa Ajay
When I did a check with the dealer for trying to match ZXI with VXI(ABS), the difference was about 20k (as far as I recall). For 20k, I get airbags, auto climate control, seat belt adjustment/auto tension, driver's seat height adjustment, magnetic boot latch, lighted cig. lighter, better upholstery. Except for better upholstery, none of this you can get after market fitment. All this also has 2 years (plus 2 years extended warranty). Further, the other addons like alloys, wider tyres, security system will not be factory fitted or have much warranty. IMO very much VFM.

That auto climate control is one of the best really and must have for our country. It is equal to 2-3 classes above, it is also better than corolla or civic in that it controls intake/recycle also and can be adjusted in .5 degC increments.
Old 2nd September 2006, 12:33   #57
BHPian

well I bought VXI with ABS for 4.92 wheras zxi is for 5.3 something so its 40k diff....
Old 2nd September 2006, 16:49   #58
BHPian

Default hi guys..

a4 attitude, thanks for that suggestion. I'll do the arithmetic again to find out the best option.!!

sandeep, guess you are thinking exactly as me!! I too find the ZXi the best as it is fitted with all those goodies which cannot be expected easliy from the market as extra fitments!!! My policy is to go for either ZXi or LXi., makeup the rest!!

roms, its not the "RF motors" that restricts me for not going for a FIAT!! My concern is about proper company trained technicians for FIAT Service!! Who knows whether they deploy FIAT trained technicians for FIAT service??!! As far as TATA cars its fine as I know few of the guys who have attended training in manufacturing plant!! But I seriously doubt bout FIAT trained guys in any of TATA service stations!! This is just a concern of mine as the 'investment' involed is big moneys!! Otherwise, I wud like to go for a Palio D instead of a Petrol car...coz Palio D won't dissappoint any body for lack of power.... and comfort too!!

fight_club, am niether 'brainwashed' nor 'over excited' about Swift!! Am not a racy driver as you guess and am not expecting v-tec's performance from a small car!!! What am trying to say is about the difference in engine dynamics of a 1.3L engine when fitted in two different platforms!! When the same engine performes well in esteem, it damn opposite when fitted on the Swift!!! This is the only factor which disturbs me about the car!!

Well... v-tec'a are to be used the 'right' way by the user... otherwise its damn foolishness to have that car for your regular / sporty usages. But A Palio 1.6 on the otherside is a car suitable for amatuer driving enthusiasts... where all his commands will be properly obeyed by the car and make 'em happy all the time!!! here...I won't fit any of the cited users!! What I want is a car which is a bit more smart in terms of power delivery as I drive it thru city and highways during peak hours... presently when I drive my indica, everyday I curse TATA's for fitting such a useless engine on that car!! well... guess turbo is good.. but am too skeptical bout its maintenance issues!!! (idle the engine for a minute before every start off-s and stops!!!) coz... my old sierra turbo's engine failed at 38k only due to the non compliance of this rule!!!
So I love Palio's if thier service is good as Maruti's and Tata's atleast!!

What say guys??!!
Old 2nd September 2006, 18:51   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
When the same engine performes well in esteem, it damn opposite when fitted on the Swift!!! This is the only factor which disturbs me about the car!!
Among other things, the Swift weighs 200 kg (?) more than the Esteem. Since it is a platform that is two generations ahead of the Esteem, that extra weight is spent in far better ride and handling. Dont worry about the 2 second deficit in the 0 - 100 dash....the overall product is miles ahead of the Esteem.
Old 2nd September 2006, 22:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
roms, its not the "RF motors" that restricts me for not going for a FIAT!! My concern is about proper company trained technicians for FIAT Service!! Who knows whether they deploy FIAT trained technicians for FIAT service??!! As far as TATA cars its fine as I know few of the guys who have attended training in manufacturing plant!! But I seriously doubt bout FIAT trained guys in any of TATA service stations!! This is just a concern of mine as the 'investment' involed is big moneys!! Otherwise, I wud like to go for a Palio D instead of a Petrol car...coz Palio D won't dissappoint any body for lack of power.... and comfort too!!
Nikhil, All Tata-Fiat Service centers will have atleast 2 - 3 technicians trained by Fiat India to handle Fiat cars. You can confirm the same with Fiat India and any Tata - Fiat Service center management.
I also personally know 2 friends who got their Palios serviced by RF Motors, and they gave me very good feedback about their Service.

Palio D is great choice, 1.9 engine delivers loads of torque and power and an excellent mileage of 13 - 15 Kmpl in City Driving + all the features of Palio (Build Quality, Safety, Space, Ride Comfort and Looks!).
Closed Thread