Maruti Swift 23 2.85%
Other (please specify in your post) 30 3.72%
Voters: 807. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th October 2017, 12:46   #286
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Baleno vs other B-segment Hatchbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
If he's a sedate driver, Ford might be worth checking out because the seating is quite comfortable and I felt higher than other cars. Titanium variant would give you height adjustment as well.
The other car that you shortlisted - the Ignis AMT would also be good, with higher seating and smaller footprint with high visibility.
Thanks. Will do a TD of Figo and see if he's ok with the engine. Rest of the parameters look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Then low end torque is important, very important. I would suggest let your father drive the shortlisted cars and then take a call.
Yes indeed. I realized that after the TD of Tiago. A car that looked perfect on paper, but was shot down after the TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Ignis Delta AMT should be around 6.7 lakhs on-road in Trivandrum. At this price you won't many cars as well rounded as this, satisfying nearly each requirement of yours. You could shave a few more by going with outside insurance, and hopefully some festive offers, could bring the price closer to 6. The extra amount is definitely worth the stretch, and 3-4 years down the line, I am sure you and your father will both appreciate the stretch.
Totally agree to your viewpoint. Let me try convincing him for an automatic. Even if it's not an automatic Ignis Delta manual sounds like a good option.

Friends. Thanks a lot for you inputs. Let me do some test drives (and a lot of convincing for the automatic ) and I'll get back to you on how it goes.
ar@v1nd is offline   Reply With Quote