Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 26th September 2016, 15:56   #106
Default Re: Need help with marriage proposal (Polo vs Figo)

Originally Posted by capslock View Post
Finally got engaged to the Red Hot German on 16th of September. Expecting to get married within a month
Hi Capslock, you sure took a long time to decide the perfect girl for you
Anyway, I wish you and your lady love many safe miles.
Do take time to post your ownership review after you marry her
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 18:23   #107
Default Re: Need help with marriage proposal (Polo vs Figo)

Got my Red GT TSI on 7th Oct . My experience so far (Driven just ~350km ):

1. Fantastic engine & gearbox. During my short trip on expressway, I could feel that other cars were screaming their lungs out while the GT was just jogging at the same speed.
Just put your foot on the accelerator and she will respond.
2. Acceleration is brutal even in D mode (Although there is perceivable Turbo lag at lower speed). This car has enough juice even in 7th gear to accelerate further.
3. Top notch quality
4. My previous cars only had Power Steering and AC as the "features". So, for me this car is feature loaded.
5. It rained cats & dogs that day, so could test the automatic wipers. Worked well.
6. Tried cruise control on expressway. Got bored within 2 minutes as there was nothing to do other than holding the steering wheel.
7. Automatic dimming IRVM is also a cool addition. My earlier cars did not even have manual dimming IRVM.
8. Hill hold assist helped too. No more moving back on the slope.
9. Auto AC worked well. Outside temperature was ~33 degrees. Just set the car temp. at 22 degrees and that's it!
10. My wife also tried the GT on private road. She was able to drive it properly thanks to AT. (She has not driven a car in long time).
11. I generally transform into "Singham" after getting stuck in traffic for long time, but thanks to AT I was super cool!
Experienced this after getting jammed for 2 hrs in honking traffic!

I had a doubt regarding the DSG AT usage in stop and go traffic
(Regarding wear and tear to clutch).
1. Is it good to just put the car in D mode and press/release brake to creep forward and use accelerator to fill the gap? (Gear is always engaged?) or
2. Should the gear lever be kept juggling between D (to move forward) and N (when stopped)?
Please help!

All in all my left leg is super happy (No battle with clutch), my eyes thank me (auto IRVM), my heart fell in love again (beauty),
my brain has what it needs (power) and my mind is calm & cool (AT).

I hope my pocket stays happy too

Finally the pic!
Attached Thumbnails
Need help with marriage proposal (Polo vs Figo)-gt.png  

capslock is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote