Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 5th August 2016, 17:28   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Hatchback vs Compact SUV

A drive through the frail roads in this monsoon and one is certain to go for a compact SUV for sheer comfort of gliding over the pot holes.

If we had to choose a hatchback for ourselves, which (non european)car offers the best ride quality and comfort for the roller coaster commutes in the monsoon?

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 5th August 2016 at 17:29. Reason: Grammar correction
jetsetgo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2016, 23:15   #77
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
A drive through the frail roads in this monsoon and one is certain to go for a compact SUV for sheer comfort of gliding over the pot holes.

If we had to choose a hatchback for ourselves, which (non european)car offers the best ride quality and comfort for the roller coaster commutes in the monsoon?
One cannot rule out all hatches as having bad ride quality, the Hyundai i20 and the Tata Bolt/Vista does the job well.
Captain Haddock is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2016, 17:16   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
One cannot rule out all hatches as having bad ride quality, the Hyundai i20 and the Tata Bolt/Vista does the job well.
+1. This might sound sacrilege to some who consider only premium cars and luxury sedans offer great ride quality. Believe me, my mom and wife prefers to travel in the rear seat of my Vista Vx over many so called premium cars.

The reason ? fantastic leg room for a hatch and the rear seats are quite comfortable. I can't personally vouch for it, as I have never sat in it, maybe except for 5 or 10 minutes during the initial test drive! I enjoy my vista in driver seat.
haria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2016, 18:32   #79
BHPian

I read this as Baleno vs Brezza.

Personally speaking, i could not justify spending another 2.5 -3.0 lacs more for Brezza, since Baleno offered almost everything that Brezza does ( except maybe ride quality and SUV image ).

Also since I was in market for a petrol car, I would have to force myself to buy a diesel brezza.

Also @Vivekgk - Baleno Zeta has Auto headlamps, but there are no Automatic wipers even in Alpha

Last edited by silverado : 11th August 2016 at 18:35.
silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2016, 14:41   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Which is the better driver's car, out of the Ecosport and the Ciaz? I'm asking,. In terms of handling, road holding, and general behavior when pushed through a nice winding road.

I know that a sedan is supposed to be the better handler, but the Ciaz reviews all say that it's not a good handler, while the Ecosport reviews say it is.
As a Ciaz owner, I can say Ciaz is a good VFM, but a "boring to drive" car. It would chug along munching the miles happily and tirelessly, and you as a driver won't feel fatigued as well. But you cannot compare it with driver's car like old Fiesta or some other car which are labeled as "good handlers".

I have not driven EcoSport on winding roads, but the longish TD during my buying process made me happy with handling.
advaitlele is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 17:38   #81
BHPian

Hi Guys ! Long time since I started this post !
I am ready to take the jump. Had halted the buying process in between.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT !

Cars I have in mind:
1) Figo 1.5 TDCI Titanium
2) Aspire 1.5 Trend
3) Brezza LDi (O) with ABS
4) Ecosport Ambiente ! NO ABS, Can't extend budget over 8.5L
5) Save money and buy a Tiago XZ

Things I am looking for:
1) Good torque, turbo surge and decent fuel economy
2) Low maintenance
3) good ride height

I am almost sure about Figo, only thing that is lacking is a bit more ride height and smaller tires. After discounts 1.5 D titanium is a no-brainer. Don't want to look at Baleno or swift, I am just too used to them. Have driven them a lot. In fact brezza also felt like an overgrown swift.

Should I go ahead with the Figo? I keep my cars for long, my esteem is over 10 years old with 1.2 Lakh kms done with no major mechanical issues.

thanks !
sudeep11787 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 20:08   #82
BHPian

For ride height, look at the TUV 300. But I think Figo is a brilliant choice.

While the ride height is like any other hatchback, I think the Engine is simply brillliant.

If it's only a city car, why not buy the Tiago?
landcruiser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016, 11:29   #83
BHPian

A perfect thread for discussing which premium automatic to buy polo gt tsi vs ecosport at - I think both of them are priced more or less equally! Ecosport being more safety oriented with 6 airbags while polo more fun with its 7 speed dsg. Ford dealers are more customer oriented than vw. Very difficult choice. Let's discuss and take a final decision , please join everyone.
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote