Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 28th September 2006, 02:35   #1

Lightbulb Urgent: Advice Needed

Hello guys,

I am looking for a mid sized car, a combination of economy and luxury.

I am confused between Petrol Diesel, LPG???

My budgest is 3-4.5 Max

Daily running will be- approx 15 km

Pune- City use

I have Palio NV 1.2 in my mind, also they are offering 77000 discount.
OR Indica Turbo or Wagon R or Alto??

What should i do now?

I am new & first time going for four wheeler.

So guys pls send me your valuable replies

Thanks
Abhi
Old 28th September 2006, 06:17   #2
BHPian

If your daily running is only abount 15kms then stick to Petrol. Investment for Diesel or LPG wont make sense.

Also if you are first time 4 wheeler buyer stick with brands that offer good After sales service namely Hyundai or Maruti.

I know Paliio NV is very tempting with all discounts being offered etc, but still TATA-Fiat dealers are not that well known for After sales service. Also reliability, refinement is an issue with Indica.

I would advise to go for Santro or WagonR, (if u r OK with getting slightly lesser space than palio or indica), as both of these cars are well proven products with good track record of reliability and good after sales service (read 'peace of mind'). Both are fairly refined for city use and pretty user friendly and manouvrable also. (especially for Pune roads). You cant really go wrong with any of these.
Old 28th September 2006, 08:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitaparadh
If your daily running is only abount 15kms then stick to Petrol. Investment for Diesel or LPG wont make sense.
I agree.

Quote:
I know Paliio NV is very tempting with all discounts being offered etc, but still TATA-Fiat dealers are not that well known for After sales service. Also reliability, refinement is an issue with Indica.
Actually Tata service is pretty good, at least in Bangalore. I have never owned a Maruti but we had an Accent before so I can compare Hyundai and Tata service in Bangalore and I find Tata equally good.

Now Tata dealers have started servicing Fiat but I don't know how is it. Would wait for others to chip in.

Abhijeetsk,

I would recommend you to test drive Wagon-R, Santro, Indica and Palio and decide for yourself.
Old 28th September 2006, 09:35   #4
BHPian

abhijeetsk,

The choice IMHO should be between Wagon R and Santro. Check out the discounts and choose the one where you get maximum discounts.

Regards,

lsjey
Old 28th September 2006, 10:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

I hope you dont show the same "urgency" while buying the car... just as you urgently seek advice here on the forum.

Go through the post delivery Inspection checklist that people have prepared here.. And ensure that you have plenty of time to inspect the car.
Old 28th September 2006, 10:10   #6
BHPian

Hi,

If you want service , nobody can beat maruti guys,

Santro is good car, Wagon-R is not everybody's choice - only select people like it(because of the shape).

Anyways' choice is users

Palio is gr8 car. but have no idea abt their after sales service. Everybody cribs abt that - Be Cautious here.

A suggestion - think abt swift also

Bye
Alex
Old 28th September 2006, 10:14   #7
BHPian

Well choose between Alto / Wagon R / Santro. Probably you can test drive all the three find the experience with each one and then probably decide on which one to go for.

Then you can negotiate for better price and goodies on the same!
Old 28th September 2006, 10:39   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Please use the search function on the "What Car" section. This query has been answered several times before.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread