Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2006, 23:27   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 19
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

I am planning to book 1.2ELX in a couple of days. If I book now can I get a make of Aug/Sep 06. My dealer says the earliest one can get is of jun/july 06 make since it takes about 3 months for the car to be made available to him.
Can I trust him or is he thrusting an old stock on me.

Thanx.
Dhanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 08:25   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,625
Thanked: 6,150 Times
Default

He is pushing an old stock vehicle to you. I have seen people get Aug/Sep'06 made Palio's.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 09:45   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 2,006
Thanked: 1,018 Times
Default

you ,ust tell your dealer that you want aug sep manufactured car or the deal is off. Having said that , a jun/jul car would also have no problems since 3 months is nothing in the larger scheme of things- what you need ot worry about is cars that have been lying around for 8 to 10 months- thi smay happen in case of Petras since these cars hardly sell. But Palio sales have picked up now and chances are that the really old stock may have been sold already.

O.T.- two years back a friend in Delhi bought a mondeo. His driver went to take delivery and it was only when he got the RC that he realised that the car was actually 10 months old!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 11:15   #4
BHPian
 
windsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dundee, UK
Posts: 513
Thanked: 25 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanan
I am planning to book 1.2ELX in a couple of days. If I book now can I get a make of Aug/Sep 06. My dealer says the earliest one can get is of jun/july 06 make since it takes about 3 months for the car to be made available to him.
Can I trust him or is he thrusting an old stock on me.

Thanx.
I am also looking for palio 1.6 in Hyderabad. May be we can get together and ask the dealer for the latest ones and not the stock. Let me know if you are interested.
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 11:30   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 2,006
Thanked: 1,018 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer
I am also looking for palio 1.6 in Hyderabad. May be we can get together and ask the dealer for the latest ones and not the stock. Let me know if you are interested.

1.6 is supposed to be made to order- Hence I doubt you will get old stock there, if it is really made to order!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 12:48   #6
BHPian
 
windsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dundee, UK
Posts: 513
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
1.6 is supposed to be made to order- Hence I doubt you will get old stock there, if it is really made to order!
But there seems to be some stocks for 1.6 as well and if you are not aware of it, dealers would push it as new car. That is what happened to me with one of the TATA dealers.
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 10:27   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 19
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Thanx for the responses guys. I think I will insist that he delivers the latest make.

Windsurfer
No problem, I have struck a great deal at Concorde, he is offering a very good discount ( around 90K) also. And I just spoke to him, he assured me he will give the latest make.
If you are interested contact me on 9848781122.
Dhanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 11:14   #8
BANNED
 
khaadu75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: same as the proposed venue for F1 ;-)
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Hey Dhanan , Why didnt you just go in for the 1.6 instead of the 1.2 ?? The 1.2 is pretty sluggish with the AC on and in heavy traffic its like driving a tank ( actually a tank may be better ) !!

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 11:16   #9
BHPian
 
Thil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CHN-BLR-MSP
Posts: 110
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanan
Thanx for the responses guys. I think I will insist that he delivers the latest make.

Windsurfer
No problem, I have struck a great deal at Concorde, he is offering a very good discount ( around 90K) also. And I just spoke to him, he assured me he will give the latest make.
If you are interested contact me on 9848781122.
Dhanan it's always not advisable to post personal mobile numbers .Pls use PM function for the same.Good luck and Wishes for the new Palio.It rocks man

Last edited by Thil : 6th October 2006 at 11:17.
Thil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 11:58   #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 19
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Khadu,
Fuel efficiency is important to me hence my decision to go for 1.2.
Otherwise I had jump at the 1.6 without thinking.

Thil,
Yes I had realised it after I pressed the submit button. Unfortunately the posts cant be edited once submitted.
Dhanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Urgent help needed. please help-Santro Xing not starting iron.head Technical Stuff 3 12th May 2012 08:27
FIAT Palio 1.6 GTX Fuel Pipe Needed - Urgent ravikn Shifting gears 16 23rd May 2008 18:31
Help Help Urgent Help!!! abhibh In-Car Entertainment 12 11th April 2006 12:15
Urgent Help needed for choosing H.U and Basstube! Puffdamgcdragon In-Car Entertainment 7 11th October 2005 13:09
Fast decision your help needed urgent Montoya Sedans 72 17th May 2005 01:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks