Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 5th October 2006, 12:04   #1
BHPian

Lightbulb

Hi guys,
I'm looking for a second hand M800. I need u people help in the things that i should look for before buying.. Thinking of taking a maruti service engineer(I live in Bangalore) but i don't know anybody... Does anyone know any service engineers in Bangalore to help me out in buying? Please give me your valuable tips also. Thanks.

Kiran.
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 13:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

hi ramki & welcome to T-BHP,
please do a search of the forums before you start a new thread. here is the link that will help you when you go out to select a car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...arn+experience (Buying a Second Hand Car - Learn from my mistakes!!!)

beware of dealers/brokers/dsas. try to find a mechanic & pay him for his services, its really worth it. cheers
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 13:46   #3
BHPian

Hi Kiran,

Check out the True Value Melas happening every sunday (almost every sunday). The details of venues are generally published in the TOI.

If you know any mechanic who has a considerable experience and you can personally trust will be fine in judging the car. Also I agree with esteem_lover in "pay him for his services, its really worth it.".

I had bought a 2000 Maruti 800 from Mandovi Motors in Vijayanagar and believe me I was going to give token money for a wrong car when one of my good friend suggested me to show the car to a third party mechanic. I had got it checked at one workshop on West Of Chord Road as it was nearby. That really saved my bucks.
vijaypalrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 13:46   #4
BHPian

thank u guys for the help, will look for True Value but i'll look elsewhere also by taking a good mechanic.
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote