Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

View Poll Results: Which 1.0L hatchback would you pick?
Renault Kwid 116 58.88%
Maruti Alto K10 66 33.50%
Hyundai Eon 15 7.61%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13th September 2016, 21:57   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Battle of the 1.0s: Kwid vs Alto vs Eon

Voted for the Alto since
1) It is the narrowest of the lot, can hence better squeeze into gaps which helps get to destination faster
2) smaller turning radius, which helps city travel immensely
3) best engine of the lot
4) AMT option - though am curious about the Kwid's upcoming 'Easy R' AMT - assuming that is from a different manufacturer (ZF Sachs?), will that AMT offer better driving experience than the Magneti Marelli one?
As things currently stand, am planning to trade in my old Camry for the Alto, undecided on when.
manij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 00:24   #32
BHPian

Kwid, for the space and comfort it offers against its competitors, plus the ground clearance. However, like many have mentioned above, I'd rather go without a car than buy one of the above for their lack of safety.
Vikki@Hyderabad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 10:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki@Hyderabad View Post
Kwid, for the space and comfort it offers against its competitors, plus the ground clearance. However, like many have mentioned above, I'd rather go without a car than buy one of the above for their lack of safety.
I think the safety aspect is blown out of proportion. These are cars used to slog through heavy urban traffic. All of these get an optional driver airbag. All these cars are safer than the family motorcycle, besides the paradigm should be not to have accidents, rather than " have them but avoid the consequences."
Captain Haddock is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 12:10   #34
BHPian

Strictly choosing between the 3, I voted for the EON as it is well kitted and relatively spacious. Yes, all 3 are not the safest car to be in. But then, if you compromise on the budget, you compromise on the safety features.

For me, the KWID is too noisy (worse than the Nano) and the Alto is too cramped.
BeantownThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 12:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

This should be a no-brainer. I am really surprised to see that the Alto K10 has such a high vote share. Apart from a slightly better drive, the Alto K10 does not have any advantage whatsoever over the Kwid. Obviously, people might be voting for the reliability and peace of mind which comes with owning a Maruti car!

The Kwid looks a zillion times better, has awesome road presence, packed with features, a higher GC, lots of space inside and the boot space is more than the Elite I20.

People complaining about the safety aspect of the Kwid does not make sense in this comparison. The Kwid is not a safe car, but what about the others in the comparo? Are they any better than the Kwid? I think not. At least, Renault seems to be making some effort in improving the safety aspects of the Kwid.
adimicra is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 18:14   #36
BHPian

My vote goes to the Kwid.

Not for the touch screen for sure. Its design makes it stand out amongst other small cars and its SUV'ish looks provide better road presence and hence slightly better respect from bikers.

Besides going by my personal taste, I like the way the Kwid looks than the Eon or the Alto.
King_pin09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 16:27   #37
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Battle of the 1.0s: Kwid vs Alto vs Eon

This is an easy one. I had shown the pictures of KWID, Eon and Alto to my grandmom, mom and wife, then I shown the picture to my son, my dad and my grandfather.

It was KWID for each one of them.

I like it because

1. Good comfortable seats
2. Larger boot as compared the competition
3. Reasonable cost.

Over all a great value for money car, thinking to buy one for my wifey
shuvadips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 16:59   #38
BHPian

I am really puzzled as to which one is the most fun to drive car here. I looking only for performance comparison. Ironically, I don't think many here have actually driven the Kwid 1.0 to be judging K10 is fun to drive. I am calling all those who have driven both Kwid and K10 sufficiently enough to give a detailed difference in performance of these cars.

Because on paper, the power / torque to weight ratios say Kwid is the best.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 08:04   #39
BHPian

For me, Alto is an immediate ouster. Though Maruti has a wide range network and is trustworthy, it just doesn't appeal to the younger generation(IMO).

The competition per me boils down to the Eon and the Kwid. It's a close call. My vote goes for the Kwid because it brings something really fresh and new to the market at an entry level. Cheers to Renault for such an amazing product !

I'm in love with the Kwid ever since its launch. I call it the baby K(w)id. Tried really hard to convince my dad to purchase and he almost bought one. But, due to a high waiting period of 4 months, we were forced to settle with a Eon which was delivered in a weeks time. [during March 2016]

My Mom, Dad, sister and myself voted for the Kwid, but just couldn't manage to own one.

My Vote :

1. Kwid
2. Eon
3. Alto
Syed_Munazzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 09:15   #40
BHPian

My vote goes out for the Kwid (although I own the Eon 1.0).
Eon comes a close 2nd. Alto is out mostly because of the outdated design and low quality interior.

Kwid wins over Eon because:
1. Spacious interior + boot space
2. Touch screen sat nav + entertainment
3. Better ground clearance
4. Looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Can someone comment on the effectiveness of the ACs of these three vehicles.
I drive the Eon and the AC is really really good and silent. I have seldom put it on 2 either in city or highway.
Its quite easy to park as well. The side view mirrors are more than enough to park the car.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd October 2016 at 14:31. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post within the 30 minute window to add more contents to it. Thanks!
ayankm is offline   Reply With Quote