Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 13th October 2006, 16:31   #1

hi people,
im new to this forum. and im planning to buy a new car. after 3 months of gathering informations ive shortlisted my opinions to either swift zxi or new maruti wagon r axi [automatic] . according to my calculation i will b travelling for about 700 - 1000 k per month in city. and what i need is a good boot space and comfort and good fuel efficiency and i live in a family of 4. so please help me in choosing the best car for my use.thanks

Last edited by naurquessir : 13th October 2006 at 16:42.
naurquessir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2006, 17:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well neither of the cars you have chosen have good boot space. So I think you will have to rethink your options.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2006, 17:34   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Well neither of the cars you have chosen have good boot space. So I think you will have to rethink your options.
I dont agree ...WagonR has the best boot space among the hatches

Quote:
either swift zxi or new maruti wagon r axi [automatic]
WagonR AXI serves the purpose diff & gives driving pleasure coz of its auto gearbox but overall Swift zxi is better car...go for swift

Though, by your choices your budget seems to be around 5 lacs, in this budget you can go for esteem which fulfills all of your parameters...your choice

cheers
Iknowthisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2006, 17:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Out of the two mentioned, I suggest you go for the Swift which is manual. Dont go for the Wagor AT. I have previously owned 2 AT Marutis ie an 800 and Zen. When it comes to autos even the authorised service stations have absolutely no knowledge of ATs. They just get hyper when you say the word Auto. And now the Wagon R is the only Maruti AT available. The Zen and Esteem AT have been discontinued.

Stick to the Swift
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2006, 18:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

I doubt if wagonR AT is still in production!
The boot in wagonR is definitly bigger than Swift, but if you can afford the Swift which is a segment higher car, than why not go for it.
You can also look at Santro AT which is a good option as well.
ATs have comaparatively lowr FE than the manual versions, so their wont be much of a diff in FE b/w say a wagonR AT and a Swift manual..
why not look at wagonR DUO/Vxi instead..
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2006, 18:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Actually if you are that interested in boot space in a hatch ,the getz would be a good option,otherwise between the wagon r and swift go for the swift .

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 13th October 2006 at 19:01.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2006, 20:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

IF you look for AT variant go for either Santro AT or NHC AT (has bigger boot and its great buy), as suggested by Rahul Getz (good discount of around 30+K available at least in Bangalore) is good in terms of boot in hatchback cars, practically its great car. Swift is good buy If you live with its interior space including tiny boot (MUL sales man termed its boot as Tiny boot, I joked at him since its rally car (MUL guy said its rally based design thats why rattling and strange suspension sound in bad roads..) Tiny boot don't matters )

IF you look for mannual gears CAR with good boot then its Esteem, Petra, Verna. Really great buy for sure!

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2006, 23:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

if you want bootspace, dump the hatches. they do not provide you with any. yes, for city driving, there is enough space, but when you are holidaying, a hatch is best left at home with your pets. but, if it has to be a hatch, the swift wins hands down. the new wagonR is an eyesore, do not even go near it.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2006, 04:14   #9
BHPian

I own a WagonR and can say that it definitely has better boot space than the Swift. But Swift definitely has better engine. I personally hate the Swift's looks(thats a personal choice). But i get 11 kmpl in city with 75% AC on and had received 19kmpl when i droe from Pune to Bangalore last year. I wont be able to say much about AT, i have never driven AT in India, my only AT experience Nissan 350Z in US.
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote