| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|14th December 2006, 17:29||#31|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Thanked: 1,638 Times
abilash, I think you have made a good decision. At the current prices, the Fusion is a steal. And the bonuses are having a nice looking car and one that is rare on the streets. 11kmpl with AC in city is a good FE, considering that it is a heavy car. Negative would be stuff that is common for Ford cars - comparitively higher maintenance costs.
Its a pity that such a nice design concept is not finding takers. If only it was Jap/Korean, you would have seen it all over the place.
|14th December 2006, 20:03||#32|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Thanked: 16,748 Times
One doubt:- Doesnt the fusion have the Ford 1.6, good in performance, But low in FE??? HOw come its returning 11 kmpl with ac???
Its not returning 10 kmpl in fiesta 1.6, na??
|14th December 2006, 20:20||#33|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
I am also picking up Swift Vxi. The dealer is ready to provide accessories instead of additional cash discount that I was asking for. What and what kind of accessories should I ask for? I don't want to take any ICE from them as I haven't made up my mind on the models and it may be costlier to buy from them.
1) Should I opt for a spoiler? Does the spoiler look good on Swift. I don't think it needs it. Please share your thoughts.
2) Should I ask for upgrade to Zxi Alloys? or should I rather buy the alloys from outside. I do want Alloys though!!
Please share your suggestions. Thanks.
|14th December 2006, 22:22||#34|
Fusion is way ahead of Swift/Getz.. No comparison there. I think you must be clear by now. It oozes performance. Dont bother about FE and stuff, Just enjoy your fusion. You may also check out -
fordfusion : Ford Fusion owners and enthusiasts we have an active community of fusion owners/lovers.
I get an FE of 11.5 in my fusion 90% A.C.
Last edited by netarchie : 14th December 2006 at 22:24.
|15th December 2006, 00:35||#35|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Thanked: 33 Times
Depends which city you are from. I know a fusion owner here and he says he is getting 12 easily..
|18th December 2006, 14:10||#37|
Aeroman, Instead of back spoiler I would suggest you to get the back, front and side skirting...they call it spoilers... Especially the red one with the skirting looks good...If u r buying VXi try get the door handles and rear view mirrors in body colour. Alloys -I suggest you to get them in the local market. Thay are cheaper - 16K for 5 Nos and you can opt for 15 Inch ones with a rubber upgrades to Bridgestone potenza tyres. Look at 205/55/R15....they look good on swift...why dont u lookt at Vxi with ABS insted of Vxi?
|21st December 2006, 18:33||#40|
Join Date: Feb 2006
Thanked: 14 Times
|27th December 2006, 13:00||#43|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Oct 2004
Thanked: 32 Times
Congrats on your purchase. BTW, I saw one in Padmanabhanagar today. Fusion looks good in that colour. This one I saw today was not even having its regn board. Looked like it had just come out of the showroom.
|30th December 2006, 14:19||#44|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Thanked: 23 Times
Swift zxi vs fusion
This is my new confusion. a Swift ZXI or Ford Fusion.
It will be mostly on company lease, and I intent to keep it with me for atleast 4-5 years.
My requirements are
For City (80 %)
- Very good external noise insulation (high priority)
- No two wheeler, hence it will be used for all purpose that require commute by automobile.
- easy to park/easy to get into gullies/bangalore streets.
- Good 11+ KMPL economy with 50% AC.
For long drives (20-30 %)
- Comfortable for long drives of 300-650 kms one way (with small 2-3 breaks)
- Excellent handline. Good ability to cruise at 100kmph on state/district highways.
Good Suspension for sakleshpur ghat kind of road (35% of long distance travel anywhere has such roads),
- Economy 15+ KMPL.
- Lugguage space need not be issue if the rear seats can be folded to put in a quintal of rice etc occasionally.
Other aspects it will be subjected to
* rough use, Typical family usage, kids+relatives+occasionally stuff in 6-7 people.
* No two wheeler, hence it will be used for all purpose that require commute by automobile.
* Approx 15k running per year.
* Good service access in other cities/towns of karnataka . May not be applicable initially but down the line after 25k running.
* Long drives typically are like blr-udupi, blr-sringeri, blr-dwr, blr - gulbarga.
Budget 6lacs (+- 50k)
- No Honda City Exi, above budget, and I don't see many on the highway, and might be service issue outside b'lore in karnataka.
- No TATAs/Fiats.
- Prefer Maruti. Don't want to go for New Balino, want to stick with Hatch. Not too eager for Swift Disel.
Also I fairly believe Swift should be quite stable release after all the initial issues now that it's almost 2 years.
Swift zxi is very strong in my mind, but Ford Fusion is creating that confusion. Am yet to drive Fusion. Will drive that too.
non availability of ABS on Fusion is a negative at this price.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|From Fusion to Fusion: My Ford Fusion Diesel Plus (TDCi/DuraTorq)||Glass||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||87||9th July 2013 19:50|
|Ford cuts price of Fusion diesel by Rs 22,000 + Fusion Plus re-introduced||ajnagpur||The Indian Car Scene||40||3rd June 2008 10:41|
|Ford Fusion or SWIFT||rajeshwagh||Hatchbacks||32||29th May 2008 14:57|
|My new car Fusion or SRV EDIT: Now booked Fusion||FancyPlayer||Hatchbacks||77||30th January 2007 17:00|