Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread
Old 6th November 2006, 10:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi Geekssrik

Just saw your thread and thought of adding my 2 paise

The Santro AT is technically a superior car to the Wagon R. The 4 speed tranny is far modern than the 3 speed unit of the Wagon R I dont know about Bangalore but as I mentioned in another thread, No one at the Maruti service stations know anything about ATs and you get a panicked look the moment you say there is an issue with the AT car.

I owned a Zen AT before ... It used to give me 12 kpl without the AC and between 9-10 with the AC . I dont recommend a Maruti AT to anyone now.

I bought an OHC AT a month ago and shes doing just fine. May you look at something similar or a used NHC CVT. And Honda ATs are not bad on FE either
Old 6th November 2006, 16:12   #17
Default Semi automatic Clutch

Remember reading an ad in OD or some other auto mag (recent issue) about a Semi automatic clutch system installed by A manufacturer in Pune... He says you can re-install the system onto your next car in case you need to change your car... He had tie-ups with people in most cities but not in hyderbad so havent checked any of the claims or the product, why dont you give it a dekho... moreover our gurus here would definitely have known of this product and shall throw more light on to this I hope...

Seating posture is also something that leads to problems. The following link might be helpful I hope http://www.motiontrends.com/2006csm/..._driving.shtml
Old 14th March 2012, 17:22   #18
Default Re: Santro Automatic to buy or not to buy?

Originally Posted by sajo View Post
There is always a tradeoff between fuel efficiency and convenience offered by an automatic. However, if pain in the left leg is all that prompting you to buy a new car, why dont you try an auto-clutch instead? Its a sort of semi-automatic transmission which retails for around 20,000 rupees I guess (I am not sure about the price).
Do you know the contact number of this guy who was retailing this Auto Clutch? I am thinking of trying it on my dad's Alto.
Old 24th March 2012, 15:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by Omkar0044

Do you know the contact number of this guy who was retailing this Auto Clutch? I am thinking of trying it on my dad's Alto.
Please search for autoclutch review on team-bhp.

I had it for around 3 years when I decided to remove it.
Closed Thread