| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|24th December 2006, 16:13||#31|
Join Date: May 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
BTW You did not answer my question yet... Why you were clapping
() for such an A. S. S example ?? Dou you think its a positive example ?
Also I no more live in indore ... I have shifted to Bangalore. I still miss those "chhappan Dukans"....
|25th December 2006, 00:32||#32|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Thanked: 1,997 Times
Augustus... welcome to the forum mate. You say you are not much of a driver and this will be your first car. You have not mentioned your preferences or made a "I want in my car" statement.
We do not know the ground realities... but here are two short lists of checkpoints that may help you decide on that car.
* this is your first car and you want a brand that is cheap to buy and easy to maintain. Easy, cheap spares, wide network of service points and dealerships etc.
* you are looking for a sprightly car that is frugal as well.
* you want a brand name that is equivalent to the phrase bulletproof reliability (well almost).
* inspite of everything you want a car which is modern not only in looks but in other departments as well.
* you want a car that will fetch you a good resale when you ultimately want to move on to something else (particularly if that will be in <= 4 years).
If you have been nodding in affirmative all this while I think you should look no further than the Swift.
Now here is when you may need to consider Palio.
* You worship Fiat, Ferrari and Schumi... anything goes as long as you have their benevolent shadow over you.
* You want a car that is all about performance.
* FE?! Now which moron exactly talks of FE shefi in the same breathe as a car?
* Reliability? As long as you have a dynamo to run around in reliability be damned. Anyhow you know enough on how to look after your car.
* Resale?! You do not talk of buying and selling in the same sentence.
Haa haaa haaaa.... yessss. You are a Fiat fanatic. Go ahead buy the 1.6... Thats still one of the best pocket rocket that your money can buy.
|26th December 2006, 12:02||#33|
Join Date: Dec 2004
Thanked: 4 Times
[HTML]Well Rahul.... Now you need to read my post too once again with your grammer teacher around. I did not say "you" shifted to Bhopal, I was saying "somebody".
BTW You did not answer my question yet... Why you were clapping[/HTML]
Pls read para 1 thorougly...it tells why was i clapping.For me its positive.Inspite of dealer not around I get the struts fixed at a FIAT SERVICE STATION who procures the parts from outside the state w/o any cost to me!!
[HTML]Also I no more live in indore ... I have shifted to Bangalore. I still miss those "chhappan Dukans".... [/HTML]
|26th December 2006, 13:12||#34|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune, India
Thanked: 39 Times
Hehe.....seems like lots of ex-indorites around.
Getting back on track of this thread, I had mailed Fiat regarding availability of new 1.6 sports 10 days back and not even a diplomatic answer.
That is making me think probably Fiat havent decided yet if they want to continue producing 1.6 sports at their new plant.
Thats leaves with only one option .....Maruti Swift.
Apart from that, TATA dealer here dint have single Fiat product even on display since alliance was announced. I think step-brotherly treatment will always be mated out to fiat at most of the tier-II and tier-III cities.
|26th December 2006, 14:39||#35|
Join Date: May 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Ford to phase out Fusion. EDIT: Now Phased out||sukiwa||The Indian Car Scene||80||28th September 2010 18:55|
|TATA Motors may pull out of Singur-Ratan Tata. Update: Pull out announced!||nickatnite||The Indian Car Scene||651||6th October 2008 14:44|
|Help Help Urgent Help!!!||abhibh||In-Car Entertainment||12||11th April 2006 12:15|
|Help me out on the add-ons for Petra||shyamsk||Modifications & Accessories||15||17th August 2005 10:48|
|Guys help me out /w ur opinions on what looks good||_Crazi4Speed_||Shifting gears||13||10th October 2004 15:44|