Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2007, 22:42   #16
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,471
Thanked: 19,385 Times
Default

theMAG, why not pratham dude? whats wrong with them?
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 22:58   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,036
Thanked: 1,473 Times
Default

vid,

Thumb rule/ word-of-mouth considering customer satisfaction, treatment and service quality: RNS, Mandovi, Sagar, Pratham, Bimal; in that order. Pal o mine got Swift from Pratham - I'd been with him for the event; and I got mine from RNS - he'd come for the event. The unanimous choice: RNS. Besides during 1st service, Pratham detuned his car for mileage w/o informing him - now that car drives like an 800 cc gaadi. Mine still resembles the 1300 cc chariot its supposed to. There's another thread here from a Maruti owner abt some bad service quality he got from Pratham/Bimal.

Inthi nimma,
theMAG
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 23:08   #18
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,471
Thanked: 19,385 Times
Default

hmmm exact opposite story for me. I bought my car from Pratham. They gave the best offers amongst mandovi and RNS. Also their customer service was pretty good.
I found the RNS guys to be horrible. They didn't even come for a test drive on time, the guy kept lying through his nose with lame excuses.

My friend ended up buying from mandovi. they have an aura around them that they are the best dealers for some reason. but their customer service was ok.

All the 3 dealers are cheats when it comes to accessories. they will tell you they are giving this free then change it at upon delivery. I was told garware anti scratch tints costing Rs.1800 instead got Rs.550 normal tints.

My friend who bought from mandovi was fooled at the time of delivery that tints are banned and they cant give it anymore.


I am scared of RNS after they delivered the car (M800) with a broken oil filter which he noticed after 2 days. when he goes back to them they say he drove over a stone which threw the stone into the engine bay and hit the oil filter.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 23:14   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,036
Thanked: 1,473 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
vid,

Thumb rule/ word-of-mouth considering customer satisfaction, treatment and service quality: RNS, Mandovi, Sagar, Pratham, Bimal; in that order. Pal o mine got Swift from Pratham - I'd been with him for the event; and I got mine from RNS - he'd come for the event. The unanimous choice: RNS. Besides during 1st service, Pratham detuned his car for mileage w/o informing him - now that car drives like an 800 cc gaadi. Mine still resembles the 1300 cc chariot its supposed to. There's another thread here from a Maruti owner abt some bad service quality he got from Pratham/Bimal.

Inthi nimma,
theMAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
hmmm exact opposite story for me. I bought my car from Pratham. They gave the best offers amongst mandovi and RNS. Also their customer service was pretty good.
I found the RNS guys to be horrible. They didn't even come for a test drive on time, the guy kept lying through his nose with lame excuses.

My friend ended up buying from mandovi. they have an aura around them that they are the best dealers for some reason. but their customer service was ok.

All the 3 dealers are cheats when it comes to accessories. they will tell you they are giving this free then change it at upon delivery. I was told garware anti scratch tints costing Rs.1800 instead got Rs.550 normal tints.

My friend who bought from mandovi was fooled at the time of delivery that tints are banned and they cant give it anymore.


I am scared of RNS after they delivered the car (M800) with a broken oil filter which he noticed after 2 days. when he goes back to them they say he drove over a stone which threw the stone into the engine bay and hit the oil filter.
I think the starter of this thread wished the thread hadnt been started

These are the threads I was refering to - they talk abt Bimal, sorry abt that btw:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...vice-over.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ice-sucks.html

Last edited by theMAG : 24th January 2007 at 23:20.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 23:22   #20
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,471
Thanked: 19,385 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I think the starter of this thread wished the thread hadnt been started

why dude it is good to let others know of their experiences. frankly speaking all maruti dealers here are sad here.

Hyundai guys are better.

While buying from any maruthi/hyundai dealer one has to be very careful. whatever offers, freebies you get take it in writing from the salesman.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 23:30   #21
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,036
Thanked: 1,473 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
why dude it is good to let others know of their experiences. frankly speaking all maruti dealers here are sad here.

Hyundai guys are better.

While buying from any maruthi/hyundai dealer one has to be very careful. whatever offers, freebies you get take it in writing from the salesman.
No mano - trust me on this ; RNS Yeshwantpur treated me like a king - AND stuck to everything they had committed to offer on the car - both pricing discounts and accessories. And their service/followup is brilliant - I had initial apprehensions after I got my alloys that they might ding/scratch them - and I told them abt my sensitivities; no more worries. I live in Jayanagar 8th block - its a 20 km drive for me to drive to RNS Y'pur - but I wouldnt even dream of leaving the Swift anywhere else for service. Besides they're also the ones who proactively offered to replace some parts causing the vibes on the Swift - as I've highlighted in my other thread; when its obvious from the replies in that thread no other dealer did.

Call me before you leave the Alto for next service - we'll drive down to RNS Y'pur and you can experience what I've described 1st hand.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 20:10   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,254
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Hi theMAG,

I second your opinion, RNS, Mandovi are best in bangalore and Pratham better BIMAL but again I can say based on my and experience from other
guys BIMAL is worst place they cheat in every aspect and Pratham also same thing both run the dealership to earn money thats all, thats what most of the guys told when checked.

Maruti Diesel swit price seems but high according to me! Petrol still makes good choice as far Swift goes.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 12:26   #23
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thanks for all your replies. I arranged for outside finance myself though the sales executive from Pratham did his best to sell me the inhouse finance option. When I told him that my loan approval would come through shortly he promised to come down and give it to me in writing as to what accesories/discounts he could offer.

Finally my loan approval came and the guy did not turn up. I tried calling him up but he didn't return my call. I called up Pratham and told them to ask the guy to get in touch with me, but to no avail.

I had already told the bank guy that my dealer was going to be Pratham and he was asking for my confirmation if he could go ahead with the loan disbursal. I mean I had already decided on the car and I had the cheque in hand and here these people weren't even interested in doing business. It left me thinking whether they were in the business of selling loans or cars. If this is their attitude even before the payment is made I shudder to think what the after sales service would be like.

I had no other option but to visit other dealers. First I visited both Mandovi and Bimal but I found the response from the sales people to be poor. Finally I settled on Sagar. The response was very good and the person was ready to give me cash discount worth 14K. So I went ahead and cancelled the booking I had done in Pratham and they didn't even bother to ask why!!

I contacted the bank guy and told him to change the dealer. The whole process of disbursal, downpayment and documentation was smooth and over in 2 days and the delivery (Red Vxi) is on Monday.

Now looking forward to my first car!!
abinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2007, 13:01   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Is this right time to buy new Swift ?

Hi,
I am planning to buy a car and I've been going thru the threads since past two odd months. There is some much information / advices here that almost all my doubts got clear without posting a single query Thanks to team-bhp.
I live and work in Bangalore. After doing some research, I've shortlisted Swift Vxi / Zxi. To my surprise Bimal auto promised me to deliver zxi within 10 days of booking, I am still in a confusion is it worth to spend extra 90,000 on zxi is it worth the money ? but now I am wondering is this the right time to buy a swift ? The reasons are.

1. There is a news that Swift's engine will be replaced with the newer M series engine soon. I've asked this to few Maruti dealers but they were not aware of this.
2. No discounts are offered on swift right now, this could change during festive seasons.
3. How much would be difference for an end user like me with the new engine ?
4. Also please advise me weather zxi is worth what one would pay for ? This would our stretch my budget but if its worth I will go for it

I don't want a new car desperately, but don't want to delay a purchase beyond 45 days either, could wait if the new changes are compelling enough.

Request to moderators, if this is not the correct place to post this thread, please could put it at the right place ? I am new here.

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by Zappo : 17th August 2007 at 14:12. Reason: Threads merged
Limpid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 21:16   #25
BHPian
 
pitchucold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 25
Thanked: 0 Times
Talking Intend to Buy Swift VXI!! Need Advise

Hi Guys,

I am planning to pickup a Swift VXI. I shall be driving max 25-30 Kms a day. I guess for this mileage Petrol wd suit fine.


I have two questions :

1. Should i be waiting until Diwali for a better discount? I am afriad deal may not be great for SWift, as i dont even see Swift in Aug Independce DAy Offer Launched by MAruti? Would they try to offer something special for Diwali


2. I have got the following deal from Khivraj? Who are guys out in Cehnnai, who offers best deals? any suggestions??

But currently Khivraj Motors Chennai is offfering a 20K Discount, VXI without ABS is working out to 452146 on road.

"EX Show Room Price " : 424476
Discount : - 20000
Insurance : 12641
"Regn & Life Tax " : 35029
******************************...
Total : 452146


3. Cd guys who picked Swift recently, throw details on the deal and freebies offered?

4. Probably is it worth while, to form a group of guys interested in buying Swift and then negotiate...Any takers???

Looking forward to hear from you guys,

Thanks in Advance..

Prasanna KV

Last edited by Zappo : 29th August 2007 at 00:49. Reason: Threads merged. Always search and use an existing thread on the subject.
pitchucold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 15:00   #26
BHPian
 
Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 567
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

The prices in chennai are much cheaper when compared to bangalore. The current price for Vxi with ABS here is 5.51 on-road. No discounts whatsoever, not even corp discounts .

I am planning to wait till diwali/dussera. Not sure if there'll be any discounts, but with the festive season just around the corner I guess there is no harm in waiting.

Cheers,
Jag
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 16:04   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @ Driver's Seat @
Posts: 684
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Jag

Are you sure its 5.51 and NOT 5.16 ? Paper in my hand tells me its 5.16. Do cross check it.

Yes waiting perid in BLR is one month for VXI and with VXI (ABS) add a week more or so.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The prices in chennai are much cheaper when compared to bangalore. The current price for Vxi with ABS here is 5.51 on-road. No discounts whatsoever, not even corp discounts .

I am planning to wait till diwali/dussera. Not sure if there'll be any discounts, but with the festive season just around the corner I guess there is no harm in waiting.

Cheers,
Jag
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 14:38   #28
BHPian
 
Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 567
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Yes, you are right lambu. I meant 5.15 and nor 5.51.
Sorry for the typo.
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 16:11   #29
BHPian
 
Vista2Swift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 25
Thanked: Once
Default

Hey guys,

I bought a swift a month back - Silky Silver VXi (without ABS) - from Indiranagar - Bimal. Before this I had a Zen for abt 2.6 years which was being serviced by Bimal.

I want to share 2 things after reading this thread....

1. The experience of dealing with Bimal has been gr8. I got my car in 3 days flat considering the waiting period ; along with my choice of REGN No. as well..... The service has been good, they pick-up & drop the car free of charge, the service mechanic calls as soon as he receives the car to ask if there are any specific probs, etc. even when I had the Zen.

But I guess its the personal relationship you build that gets you good service anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
....Call me before you leave the Alto for next service - we'll drive down to RNS Y'pur and you can experience what I've described 1st hand.
I am sure that theMAG knows some1 in RNS & that always helps.

2. I got Rs.5000 discount + Rs. 2000 (Corp. Discount) - Total cost - Rs. 4,87,xxx ORC (currently you can get only Rs. 2000 (corp. Discount).

However I dont think that there is going to be any further discounts on the Swift & SX4 till Nov End/December. The Reason is that (from confirmed sources @ MUL) they are not able to meet production levels at their new plant...so they have a lot of pending bookings....hence the waiting period....so as a result the backlog will continue till they clear it....therefore no need of offering discount as they don't want additional sales right NOW!!!
Vista2Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 17:47   #30
BHPian
 
pitchucold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 25
Thanked: 0 Times
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista2Swift View Post

However I dont think that there is going to be any further discounts on the Swift & SX4 till Nov End/December. The Reason is that (from confirmed sources @ MUL)
Oh my God this is definitely not the kind of news i wished to hear
pitchucold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW to drop prices due to increased localisation. EDIT: New prices announced Aditya The Indian Car Scene 38 10th July 2015 21:19
Hyundai Cut prices- New detailed prices. harry10 The Indian Car Scene 5 9th December 2008 00:45
Are these good prices for Tata\Fiat vehicles? Corporate Offer Prices sahakar The Indian Car Scene 15 8th July 2008 23:03
Swift spares prices please kryptik83 The Indian Car Scene 4 9th January 2008 12:09
Accessories prices for Swift in pune: Cheap or Costly? eminemence Modifications & Accessories 3 9th July 2007 18:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks