Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 30th January 2007, 11:19   #16
BHPian

I do not like the look of Estillo, so i have ruled out the new zen from the list....Palio is something which i did not consider yet coz i heard the after sale service is pathetic, and FIAT has the habit of stopping production every time they introduce a new model, i am not sure how they are now after the tie-up with TATA. I checked out the U-AV, it looks very much like the GETZ, but hav't seen much of U-AV's in the city....Finally my heart says the Santro or the Wagon R......
As there are lots of threads on Santro and Wagon R, i am thinking of going tru them....though it may take time

Last edited by jango : 30th January 2007 at 11:20.
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 11:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by remcy007 View Post
I will advice you to go for Petrol Swift before the Price hike in FEB as its VFM. Relatively new design,1.3 engine, F.E, A.S.S. The car is too good.
I would also advice you to take ABS if you plan to buy Vxi. It give that extra safety and will fetch a better resale value when you plan to sell you car in future as by that time our Goverment would have made ABS compulsory.
@remcy007 vbmenu_register("postmenu_363959", true); i do like the swift, in fact i had my friends car with me for abt a week, when he was out of town. No doubt the car is awesome, but don't u think the FE is very low...i guess i have not got more than 10km with the A/c's on !! not in b'lore but in kottayam, a less conjusted city ??
Old 30th January 2007, 11:42   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
@remcy007 vbmenu_register("postmenu_363959", true); i do like the swift, in fact i had my friends car with me for abt a week, when he was out of town. No doubt the car is awesome, but don't u think the FE is very low...i guess i have not got more than 10km with the A/c's on !! not in b'lore but in kottayam, a less conjusted city ??
@Jango : I guess that car needs to be checked with regards to the fuel efficiency. Most Swifts usually return mileage figures around the 12 mark in city.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 12:40   #19
BHPian

yeah benbsb29 that is what i have told my friend to do once he's back in india. Currently his parents are using it ( with driver )..
Old 30th January 2007, 17:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
hmm.. most of the swift owners whom i know are getting close to 12 in city and sometimes upto 15 on highway. My swift is just one week old, so not calculated the average yet.
You can get ur freind's car checked for mileage..
remcy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 20:07   #21
Team-BHP Support

Am really confused after reading this

Quote:
As of now, all hatchbacks except Maruti Swift (diesel and petrol), Hyundai Getz and GM’s Aveo UVA qualify for the lower 16% excise.
Source: DNA - Money - Auto Mission twists small-car saga anew - Daily News & Analysis

Ok i think they got their facts wrong, SWIFT is 3695mm in length according to brochure, so atleast Diesel should fall under the category of "small car"

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th January 2007 at 20:18. Reason: research!!!!
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote