Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 12th September 2007, 11:01   #91
BHPian

plz help me im also in a similar dillema.
want to go for:
xeta(value for money)/ wagon r duo(maruti service support plus fuel eff)/uva(lovely car but overprised)
dr_aryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 16:40   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
You have to keep in mind that the Xeta is a heavier car than the Santro. It is the torque per kg and the HP per kg that counts and I believe the Santro will be better on both of these counts. I think the Xeta may be a more comfortable car than the Santro and that would be important if a lot of people are travelling in the car. But if performance is your criterion, the Santro should come out ahead, especially in torque per kg.

Another factor is reliability, which is important on the highway (you don't want to be stranded with some break-down on desolate roads). Again the Santro should be the winner here. The Santro is also more maneuverable, which is important on the narrow, traffic-filled roads in India.
Interestingly, torque per KG is better in indica 1.4:
12.4/995 vs 9.8/854

As for reliability, Xeta is reliable, as long as you can ignore or live with the quality niggles. Service quality is non-existent, so its best bought by those who can spend some time standing over the service staff.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 16:47   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Interestingly, torque per KG is better in indica 1.4:
12.4/995 vs 9.8/854

As for reliability, Xeta is reliable, as long as you can ignore or live with the quality niggles. Service quality is non-existent, so its best bought by those who can spend some time standing over the service staff.
one more thing being 200 kgs heavier then santro it is already carrying full load of santro( four average adults)even when nobody is in the car.. now i would like to see how a santro engine responds to that kind of weight.
msharma_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 18:45   #94
BHPian

I own a santro xing, and drive my friend's xeta a few times. even with 4 people in the santro, it pulls ahead of the xeta with elan!

On the highway, and when doing 120+ the xeta has an edge. but that's till the next truck that comes up :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
one more thing being 200 kgs heavier then santro it is already carrying full load of santro( four average adults)even when nobody is in the car.. now i would like to see how a santro engine responds to that kind of weight.
carZest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 00:39   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carZest View Post
On the highway, and when doing 120+ the xeta has an edge. but that's till the next truck that comes up :-)
Do you mean to say the Santro does not do 120+?? I thought it did..
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 05:21   #96
BHPian

Default Sorry guys...

I am the one who started this thread and i went into hibernation after getting my Tata Indica Xeta GLS.

I have thought about writing a big review about my car but did not get time.

So I have written an Initial Ownership Report of my Xeta. Feel free to comment on the ownership thread.

Last edited by Zappo : 19th September 2008 at 08:38. Reason: Report should be in the proper section and not in 'What Car'. A new thread has been created for the report.
rock18 is offline   Reply With Quote