Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 1st March 2007, 17:09   #16
BHPian

I think with relation to Fords A.S.S, the company is taking initiative to improve that. They are planning to expand their distribution network by going to smaller cities

"We are studying the possibilities of setting up dealerships in 60 smaller cities and towns. The idea is to double our dealer network. This year we will appoint between 10 and 20 new dealers," said McCormack.

Source: domain-B : Indian business : companies : Ford India : Ford India to consolidate market gains
askicode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2007, 13:24   #17

Hi All. I dropped in to the ford showroom today to check on the "incredible new offer" that I was talking about.... Poooshhhhh........ It turned out be a dissapointment. The only thing extra is a Kenwood 6 CD changer, 4 speakers and antenna. The deal is 6.3 L on road, + extra T.M.P (Total Maintenance Plan) + free 10 K worth of accessories and this Kenwood system. Anybody there who has been offered a better deal? Many thanks
murlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 00:19   #18

I guess nobody has wanted to go in for a fusion at this time of the year.. :-(
Old 8th March 2007, 03:17   #19
BHPian

I suggest you check out other cars in the same segment.

The stock speakers provided are not worth it. Check out the 10 K worth of accessories they are quoting, all will be available for 4-5K with CAR accessory dealers.
TMP does not cover much and is a waste - read the document and you will get to know.

Quite a few cars will be out in the market by april-may'07 the likes of Fiat, Suzuki, hyundai. since you have waited so long, I bet it will be worth considering the upcoming models from the mentioned brands.
icemanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 11:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlee View Post
I guess nobody has wanted to go in for a fusion at this time of the year.. :-(
Does this give you an estimate about the resale value ?
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 23:39   #21

Hi guys... Thanks for waking me up. You certainly have a very valid point there iceman.. No harm in waiting some more and yes.. that is what i intend to do. And .. Su-47, i got the clue ...
Are there any links that i can check out to see what cars are expected in mid 07... I got a glimpse of the sx4 version of the new baleno (Waiting to see it), the logan ... about which i am not too keen... Many thanks
Old 9th March 2007, 01:18   #22

Hey! I did hear recently from a reliable source that the "computing board (processor)" that takes care of all the "smart" features in the Fusion is prone to failures and a replacement costs about 50 K?? This got me worried a great deal.... Any comments? Thanks.
Old 9th March 2007, 11:44   #23
Team-BHP Support

Murlee, for details regarding the FUSION, pm netarchie, who owns the car, and ask for his experiences, rather than going by what have/may have heard.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 12:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Does this give you an estimate about the resale value ?
The resale value at present is pretty good, better than the IKON.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 15:48   #25

Hi benbsb29, Netarchie has been one of the main reasons why my interest on buying the fusion went up by a good amount. Infact i got into the yahoo groups (fusion) too.. thanks to him. OK... the source of this information is from a ford service center...
Old 9th March 2007, 16:32   #26
BHPian

Some of the new cars to wait n watch will be Getz crdi, facelifted Palio, New Baleno, Renault Logan.

Hyundai is coming out with 1.5lL engine for Getz, the same engine verna has.

Murlee, the Indian car section will have threads about new cars to be launched.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-cars/
icemanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 01:44   #27

Hi Iceman, thanks for the link: [COLOR=#800080]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-cars/[/COLOR] . I do'nt quite believe what most people say about the future cars to be : on the "indian-cars" forum, simply because... nobody had a real idea.... it was more to do about other's predictions and news gathering. But nevertheless., thanks... i will watch this space for any genuine info.... which are to come.
Old 12th March 2007, 11:02   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlee View Post
Hi benbsb29, Netarchie has been one of the main reasons why my interest on buying the fusion went up by a good amount. Infact i got into the yahoo groups (fusion) too.. thanks to him. OK... the source of this information is from a ford service center...
I am not refuting whats been told to you by your source, but what have the actual owners been saying on the Fusion users forum? Actual owner feedback is the major reasons why people trust forums like TBhp and so on.

Just my opinion.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 12:27   #29
BHPian

@Murlee, if you are too much worried and have lot of concerns about the product (Fusion) , I would suggest , like others , look out for others cars in the segment, Also, if possible for a car which does not require the "smart chip" replacement.
If you really ask opinion from fusion owners, i am sure the consensus would be that it is one great machine to drive, and has some real class leading features.
Like all good cars it has its own share of problems, which at least i am sure, i can live with, cant comment about the other fusion owners.

I have covered about 15,000kms in just about 10 months of my purchase and enjoyed every kms of it and in no way regret the decision of mine.

anyways all the best bro.. for your search for a new car.

happy hunting.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 14:15   #30
BHPian

Hi I too own a Fusion, for the last 2 yrs and 18000 kms! I enjoy driving it though I am a hard core Gypsy fan! - On the highways and expressway is a real joy but in the city its a bit harsh at low speeds. -Milage too is not as much as a H* City My daily commute is a 11km trip one way so milage is around 9.5k/lt.
*** is not something to write about -But the last time I took it back after service - I met on of the works manager and the defecencies rectified the few niggles which had not been set right earlier.
The Yahoo group has a lot of info!
Rgds
Gerardfdz is offline   Reply With Quote