Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 15th February 2007, 15:33   #1

Question conFUSION !!!

Hello all,

I am Murlee from Chennai and I have joined in new. I really enjoy this forum very much and am very happy about the fact that there are unbiased reviews and amazing suggestions offered by all BHPians.

Ever since I have joined, I have only been reading reviews and researching over the most commonly discussed topics. Well.. I think its time for me to shoot my very first question? Any suggestion/advise will be greatly appreciated (as the culture at BHP is).

I am quite kicked about the Ford Fusion and am happy with the reviews that I have read from the users. I am by now... aware of most of the Pros and Cons in going about choosing this vehicle. I am a bit worried that there has not been any discussion on this for more than a month and am wondering it the idea still holds good ?

Many thanks to all of you for keeping this forum rocking !
murlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 17:52   #2
BHPian

Hi, You can check this out, if you have not done already .
fordfusion : Ford Fusion owners and enthusiasts
Lots of discussion on fusion (owners, wannabe owners ect) happening here.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 22:44   #3
nbr
BHPian

[quote=murlee;374672]Hello all,

I am Murlee from Chennai and I have joined in new. I really enjoy this forum very much and am very happy about the fact that there are unbiased reviews and amazing suggestions offered by all BHPians.

WELCOME TO T-BHP ! FUSION is a decent car with juicy 1.6 engine. the recent facelift has made it even better. But this facelift is clearly evident only in "white" shade . So go for white, and try to snatch discounts ,if available.
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 23:21   #4

Thanks for the link netarchie. I have read many of your inputs. You had recommended this to someone else earlier, so i happen to have a look at it and read in detail. My only worry at this point is the A.S.S from Ford. Many seem to have had bad experiances.
Old 15th February 2007, 23:23   #5

Thanks for the welcome message nbr. I will definetely keep the colour white in mind. But my current favorite is black. The fusion just looks amazing in black. Will give a go at bargaining.
Old 15th February 2007, 23:37   #6

Thanks netarchie, i visited that link through one of your replies to an earlier post. I am greatly worried about the after sales support from Ford that may are cribbing about.

Thanks nbr, Will definetely keep white in mind, but black's my favorite
Old 16th February 2007, 20:22   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

@murlee, the Fusion is a nice car and at the current price it is a steal. I love the looks and if it were Jap, I would have gone for it. But that is just me - everyone does not have issues with all things American.

Having said that, issues of concern as mentioned on the forum are maintenance costs which are comparitively more and lower FE since it is a bigger car. I dont think that the Ford after sales support is bad or unavailable here in Chennai. Maybe it is the comparitively costlier support that people are cribbing about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlee
I am greatly worried about the after sales support from Ford that may are cribbing about.
Check out with other Chennai tbhp-ians and make your decision. PM nitrous - he has an Ikon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlee
but black's my favorite
Bear in mind that there is extra effort involved to keep a black car looking good. But that is compensated by the extra look that black cars have. I have one so I know what i am talking about.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2007, 21:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am quite kicked about the Ford Fusion and am happy with the reviews that I have read from the users. I am by now... aware of most of the Pros and Cons in going about choosing this vehicle.
Great choice. You will stand out in a crowd with a black fusion. Give it chrome 15' alloys with some kickass tyres and boy..will she be a looker!

Do check cost of spares and yes, the infamous Ford A.S.S. can be a pain. The trick is to find a good mechanic and stick with him...
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2007, 22:39   #9
BHPian

Hi Murlee, go for it dude, its an awesome car with great engine. A S S should not be a problem for you at all since the car is manufactured in Chennai and should have the best of facilities. Just my opinion.
grvanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2007, 09:41   #10

Thanks a ton guys. I got to test drive one a couple of days back and am more than impressed with the handling and the extras.. I also wanted to get a feel of how the drive felt from the rear seats, so my wife and I sat behind and let the ford rep drive. Both the rear doors were creaking away to glory. Even at low speeds. I summed that this could be because of the amount of plastics that went into them. But is it a common issue with the doors? Anybody out there feel the same? Can this be overcome? Many thanks in advance.
Old 21st February 2007, 11:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

I'd suggest you get a mod to rename your thread so that it gets a few Fusion owners in, to give you the right suggestions or post this query in a relevant thread if you want genuine replies.
cheers
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2007, 12:21   #12
BHPian

I had looked at the Fusion before settling on my Baleno. Plus points are the looks and finish which is top-order. The car is a convenient size for a family, and has a good engine.
Minus points are the very harsh low-speed ride, and cost of spares, eg, a new bumper used to be Rs 15K in 2005.
FE is okay, Ford A S S is nothing to write home about, and in Goa it is particularly below par. They made me dance for maintenance of my earlier Ford, which is why I decided against finally.

Last edited by filcord : 21st February 2007 at 12:23. Reason: bleeping out certain words
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2007, 12:23   #13
BHPian

Hi Murlee,
There are few issues with the fusion related to rattling , creaking ect. Luckily I have not faced the same, in my car, and the service guys fix them up for sure whenever you show it to them.
But some owners have complained it re-occurs once in a while and one needs to fix them up again.
Other negative points include - high spare part costs, harsh rides on low speeds.
apart from the above the car is quite a performance package and a real driver oriented car.
If you ask me , i am a one happy customer of Ford (atleast till now ;-) )and i love my Fusion.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2007, 14:25   #14
BWN
BHPian

Hi Murlee,
If it has won your heart, just go ahead an get yourself one.... Fe is ok for the weight and responsive engine. Maintanance might be a bit mroe on expensive side but opt for TMP....Cheers
BWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 15:32   #15

Hello All,
I had been away for a while and got back just today. I was told by the car dealer that there is a new offer to be announced by the 3rd of March, and this could be a never-before deal for new fusions. Just a couple of days more to wait..... Will update once i hear about it.