Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2007, 23:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

have u guys seen the ad for " semi automatic " that comes in the last pages of most auto mags ....?? it says that it can be installed in any car...

does anyone have more info on it..? can this be a solution to our friends query ?
Old 25th February 2007, 23:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
have u guys seen the ad for " semi automatic " that comes in the last pages of most auto mags ....?? it says that it can be installed in any car...
Isn't this the auto-clutch, one that engages the clutch automatically, or something else?
Old 27th February 2007, 16:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Been watching this thread so now got to post

I have mentioned earlier in other threads that the Santro AT is better than the Wagon R for the simple reason that Mauti service stations no nothong about ATs and panic the moment you drive in with a problem. I dont know bout Hyundai but I hope they have better knowledge and deal with the AT cars. I am guessing they can since they deal with the Sonata ATs as well.

Have you considered a used AT car? You could find an OHC for yourself. Big car, nice to drive and plus it FE as well even though being an AT
I am planning to go for Santro AT as I dont want to have a bigger car for 100% city usage. I am pretty happy with the Hyundai service in Blore, so no issues with that either. I wish the mileage was atleast 10 kmpl considering that much bigger cars like NHC gives in that range. And again, as mentioned earlier, my ultimate wish would have been a Getz/Swift Auto at about 5.5 lacs!
Old 27th February 2007, 18:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Good to know you've made a decision. Did you consider Reva? Its an automatic too but there are a ton of other issues though..
Old 28th February 2007, 14:53   #20
BHPian

Reva, I would have loved to have a "green" vehicle, provided it was fairly priced and provide a minimum comfort levels expected of a family car. As of now its too cramped and unsophisticated for a family car.

While in US, I used to drive around in a Prius and it really feels great to own such a vehicle. Its high time the govt here supported manufacture/import of such "green" vehicles by taxing them minimally. After all, its for no other reason "An Inconvenient Truth" won the Oscar for Best documentary!

See An Inconvenient Truth
Old 28th February 2007, 15:37   #21
BHPian

@appuchan, Good decision, do update the OTR Price and mileage after the service, looking to buy one
Old 28th February 2007, 15:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

seniors - pls throw more light on the auto clutch /semi automatic - was hoping some one would give more info on how it works...
Old 1st March 2007, 16:45   #23
BHPian

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to promote this company or its products, but this is what I found on the net:

Automatic Clutch System,Semi Automatic Clutch,Automatic Clutch System Manufacturer,Semi Automatic Clutch Manufacturer,India

Regards,

Pradeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
seniors - pls throw more light on the auto clutch /semi automatic - was hoping some one would give more info on how it works...
Old 2nd March 2007, 17:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

we are now looking to replace our wagonR with a automatic city car for my mom. She has not driven in more than 10 years now. We are not in any hurry to buy.

should be cheap, automatic and small.

I am looking for santro A/t but may stretch till CVT.

any more suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks