Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 13th March 2007, 12:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

City all the time. Enjoy and all the best and welcome to the club. What colour is it? Post the pics.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 13:15   #17
BHPian

guys bad new.. the OHC had a major crash in 2003, when it was up on the ram i just saw some different paint shades, the honda show room owner was the friend of the OHC owner so the mechanics were all ga ga about the car,i took it to another local garage for inspection ( we have only one honda service here ) my esteem mechanic brought a fellow honda local mechanic we got it up the ramp...the under body was completely repainted.then with this finding we went to the honda service..they denied it when i showed them this he got another mechnaic , then i got to its root..
since we only had a honda service here at 2005 , prior to that the city was serviced at kolkata so thses honda guys dnt knw the extent of the damage.when checked the radiator..it was replaced and even the right suspension, the rim bore some dents when we took of the hub cap.

so nw i asked the owner about it he said " if you want to buy it buy or else leave it .. i am not answarable "
i was shoked coz he was my friends dad .. i knew that man for last 4 years .
the mech also said the right front tyre had uneven wear .
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 13:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thats really bad news pal. Its a good thing you got the car checked. Its surprising that your friend's dad did this despite you knowing him so well, he tried to see you an accident car. Its a funny world. You do end up getting a great car from someone you never met or knew before and a person who you have been know tries to cheat you

I know how you feel but now i guess its the Swift Vdi for you
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 13:26   #19
Team-BHP Support

Under such circumstances, maybe you should drop the idea of the city here, and go on to the more logical solution which is the Swift VDi.
The other option of keeping a look out for other Citys' is still there.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 13:33   #20
BHPian

am not buyn a swift .. it looks like a space craft .
i dnt know what to do.
Old 13th March 2007, 13:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Read post No.35 & go through the entire thread, you might find it useful.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post275747 (Buying a Second Hand Car - Learn from my mistakes!!!)

Now, we know why he was giving you that special price. Thank god, you hadn't committed.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 14:03   #22
Team-BHP Support

Since OHC is out due to its past accident history and you hate VDI's look so passionately. I reckon you have to put down like every new car buyer the parameters and pick your choice.

I know its like going back to square A but, thats what i guess will give you quicker and satisfying results.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 14:08   #23
BHPian

i just cant find anything with 5.5 lakhs .. i am scared of buyn second hand cars now..if this is what happened at my home time..i dnt know what to expect at mumbai.

i just cant let go of the dream of driving a OHC !
i suppose in my case heart rules.
few days back i went to the marunti showroom with the advance money ..but i dnt knw why i came back.i dnt know what to do.
my mom has stuck on swift VDi now she has a very stront point against 2nd hand cars
Old 13th March 2007, 14:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
i asked the owner about it he said " if you want to buy it buy or else leave it .. i am not answarable "
i was shoked coz he was my friends dad .. i knew that man for last 4 years .
the mech also said the right front tyre had uneven wear .
thats quite a decent response .
Actually the old belief that your near and dear ones are the first to cut your throat is correct most of the times.
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 14:59   #25
BHPian

even if i decide for swift i only like the blue colour..deep bleu ..i just called the maruti dealer he said VDi doesnt come in deep blue..like the peyrol one!

i wish i cud bang my head !
Old 13th March 2007, 15:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Well if you are still hell bent on getting an OHC keep the search on. You never know what you might come across. It took me two long and frustrating months to find my car but when I did, I realised the wait was worth it.

On the other hand my close friend who stays in my building wanted an OHC too. He looked hard couldnt find one So he bought a sparingly used Ikon 1.6 Nxt SXi( he got a great car mind you). But when later he came with me to take delivery of my OHC, the guy who I bought my car from had an immaculate OHC Vtec for sale. He was left cursing his luck and said that if only he would have been a bit more patient
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 15:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

i was abt to say - buy the swift ...AND buy the OHC at this killer price and sell it off at a cool profit!!! now that this car has gone thru an accident...too bad...anyway if u love the OHC, just hold on and search more pal...u dont get things u love very easily...u shud keep looking out..
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 15:09   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
even if i decide for swift i only like the blue colour..deep bleu ..i just called the maruti dealer he said VDi doesnt come in deep blue..like the peyrol one!

i wish i cud bang my head !
If I am not wrong Blue in petrol has been discontinued
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 15:24   #29
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear the turn-of-events. You could, at this stage, look at a pre-owned Mistubishi Lancer. It would fall around your budget and comes close to the allure of a non-VTEC OHC.

Last edited by theMAG : 13th March 2007 at 15:27.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 22:48   #30
BHPian

hey guys good new ..just got a call from my mechanic a black 2002 vtech found !!!!
my mouths watern am gona test driving it ..cars done 22,000.
its some NRI doctors car,so well maintained + has sony LCDs on the 2 head rests and a wonderful sony music system 5 speakers + woofer ( as told by the mech ) and has all service records.stock alloys and beig interior.

price - 5,75,000 !!!

Last edited by karizma_devil : 13th March 2007 at 22:51.