Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 15th March 2007, 14:23   #76

Hi Sorry to butt in.

I have a Black Flair (anniversary issue) with pseudo leather upholstery, no sunscreen and in peak Chennai summer the AC is no problem. I found the interiors cool within 2 mins to a comfortable level.

The iKON has a vent that is fixed towords the rear seats on the center console you can not change the direction of the air throw, this helps in cooling the rear.

The iKon is the best VFM u can get for a 5 lac sedan (boot) today so unless u need a diesel go for it....
skmurthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 21:03   #77
BHPian

Thumbs up

hi guys just came home..i took the ikon fflair for a spin..about 10 kms..well the picture in the ford site which i had posted in the thread about the interiors is completely different in real life..looks vry plastic and cheap.i didnt like the gear shift..was a bit stiff and same about the steering wheel.again i felt cramped up while driving ...the pannel annoyingly hit my knee when i moved my left leg.well today it was very hot about 40 degrees here so it was right time to test the A/c it was ok.well drive was sos..car felt very underpowered at 1-2-3 after that it was ok.everything else was so-so.

then i straight went to drive a swift..last time i drove it in city traffice..i wen to a different dealer which was nearer to the NH i took it for a 10 km ride..well it felt really nice..last time i dnt drive it fast coz i was in the city..this time i drove aggresively the car handled very well..a mean 80+ in 3rd gear felt great ...took it to 110 + was stable and fun to drive..steering was very responsive..and gear shift was great..thought i dnt have much chance to test the brakes..the A/C was amazing my freiends in the rear felt good in the swift rather than in ikon(A/C and space).car was powerful and today i went in a neutral frame of mind , last time i had gone with a biased state of mind about the ohc,since the ohc is out of the picture..i could judge the swift better.the car is not that small as it look,far more spacious than ikon and interiors was ok in comparison to the ikon.
and the maruti guys were really polite and nice..even drank coffee there,where ford dnt even offer glass of water and it took about 1 hr at ford to get the demo car ready..while the maruti brought in in few mins.
'

so guys i FINALLY BOOKED THE SWIFT DIESEL - VDi !!!
gave rs.50,000 booking amount its on road price is 5,59,768 , i a maruti 5-door cetral look free worth rs.6200, they also offred free sweat seat cover but i opted for the black leather,the balance amout is about rs.8000 for the seat covers.mud flapps and floor mat were also free.

there was a ozon blue and a black vdi available but i like the METALLIC IRIDIUM GOLD,but it was ldi so i booked the GOLD-VDi .expected delivery date - 1st week of may !!!!!

thank you guys for all your time and valuable advise ! cheers
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 21:22   #78
BHPian

Congratulations......

You will enjoy the car for its refinement as well as for its diesel economy..
vvrchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 21:37   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
gave rs.50,000 booking amount its on road price is 5,59,768 , i a maruti 5-door cetral look free worth rs.6200, they also offred free sweat seat cover but i opted for the black leather,the balance amout is about rs.8000 for the seat covers.mud flapps and floor mat were also free.

there was a ozon blue and a black vdi available but i like the METALLIC IRIDIUM GOLD,but it was ldi so i booked the GOLD-VDi .expected delivery date - 1st week of may !!!!!

thank you guys for all your time and valuable advise ! cheers
Congrats man !!
good choice .. strangely they were offering goodies along with Vdi
I am not sure if I heard anyone getting any offers on VDi.
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 21:41   #80
BHPian

Congratulation.

I am sure you made the right choice but why May?

Did you go in for the ABS version?
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 22:09   #81
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on finally making your decision. Enjoy your new car when it comes
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 22:18   #82
BHPian

@dippy thanks dude
@navdeep- no they dnt offer it to every one..but my mother is a assistant labour commisoner labour department stat govt,so all there labour licence and all union stuff is handled by my mom.so i suppose when they came to know about it..thats why.
@sumitb;; thats the max time frame..it may arrive any time between 15th april to the 1st week of may !
Old 15th March 2007, 22:20   #83
BHPian

Congrats for deciding on swift, i swear you will enjoy it.
alexrabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 07:33   #84
BHPian

Quote:
my mother is a assistant labour commisoner labour department stat govt,so all there labour licence and all union stuff is handled by my mom.so i suppose when they came to know about it..thats why.
Luckily dude ..
Get ready to enjoy your *swift* drives ..
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 08:24   #85
BHPian

Atlast SWIFT wins the mind over Flair. Congrats. It looks like a wise decision.. i'm also planning to book a SWIFT.. Now i'm waiting(hoping) for some competition to come for swift(palio JTD, Gets crdi, Logan,..).Will any of these be better than SWIFT?

Is it worth waiting.. I want a car before end of july..
higautham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 09:19   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Oh? Great buy man. Great buy. Didnt imagine you would end up doing this, but the right choice it is.
determinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 09:43   #87
Team-BHP Support

@ K_D : So, finally, you went for the Swift. congrats on your decision. Better to buy something u think is nice, rather than something you arent really sure of, as Steer advised someone else on the forum...

Quote:
my freiends in the rear felt good in the swift rather than in ikon(A/C and space)
Hmm.. probably the first time i have heard that.
Anyways, your decision, and your money. enjoy your ride, pal.

Do post the customary pics when ur ride arrives. Have fun.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 11:03   #88
Team-BHP Support

Congrats karisma after so many deliberations you finally honed down to swift. Good decision and enjoy the diesel liberation.

But, surprised to know you will get it only in May, isnt it too late? Hope your going for ABS, this is a must feature for "any" car.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 12:57   #89
BHPian

@ benbsb29 even i also felt that the new flair A/C was not upto the mark.
and the "driving pleasure " would be better associated with the swift ( in comparison to the flair) even i felt the seats were comfortable in the swift.

@mobike buddy am out of cash so no ABS !
thats the maximum time frame.i.e 1st week of may.

@determinus even i dnt think i wd end up buying it.actually the 1st time i went to test drive the swift,i had just driven my 1st love OHC so i dnt like it in comparison to OHC,but this time i drove the Ikon and then went on to drive swift..so swift felt far better,the only place where ikno scores is accesories and the look,and after all ita car with a boot ( big car feeling),but i felt when i drive.. am inside the car not outside....so swift
Old 16th March 2007, 13:05   #90
Senior - BHPian

At last, the confusion ends. good for you. Made the right decision in the end. the beige upholstery in the ikon was definitely not enough to make you buy it even if it was plush (Which it isn't).
cheers
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote