Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 18th August 2016, 18:34   #286
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyboy101 View Post
I too am in the process of selecting an automatic hatchback/compact SUV.
To start off, I would have bought the Yeti if it came in the DSG variant in a heartbeat. I am used to Skoda diesels for over 15 yrs now.

My requirements are- AT, Compact, fun to drive, good ride quality, nice interiors, about 15 lakhs, decent ground clearance -in that order.
Initially, in my mind, the polo was the obvious choice, I also wanted to like the ecosport.
Surprised you haven't checked out the Creta AT yet.
Yes, it is overpriced - but also IMO it is the only vehicle that may fit your requirements.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 22:52   #287
BHPian

I am looking to purchase a comfortable automatic hatchback for my parents and am seriously considering Jazz CVT. Do we have any other better options in this price range at present or in the near future?

Requirements are:
1. Easy ingress/egress - ruled out polo gt for this reason
2. Good seating height - especially front seats
3. Nice all around visibility for easy city driving
4. 90% city driving and 10% highway usage
5. Rear seat is going to be used rarely
6. Should have good features and should look and feel like an upgrade from my dad's current car which is a Swift Vxi
7. Comfortable ride quality at city speeds and decent structural integrity

Is it true that Jazz CVT carries 2 months waiting period and comes with absolutely no discounts?
ece2k2 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 08:55   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post

Is it true that Jazz CVT carries 2 months waiting period and comes with absolutely no discounts?

Waiting period depends on Model and color required. I am in the same boat and have shortlisted the Jazz automatic. The best offer I have is a cash discount of 10000 and a 5% discount on accessories.
jinu_joseph is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 13:56   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
In that budget, the best AT option you have is the Brio.

My recommendation - the Brio VX AT. If the car is primarily for your parents and is to be used for in-city driving most of the time, don't look beyond the Brio.
Even I think the size of the Brio is perfect for City driving and parking.
So armed with a chequebook , I drove today morning to the nearest Honda dealership (Crystal Honda , Bavdhan , Pune) to ask if I can get a Brio , particularly the rumoured facelift.
However, was informed that they dont have any old Brio in stock, and cant tell when they will get one either. As per the SA , the new Brio is expected only by the end of this year, or at the turn of the next. I wouldnt rely on him for this information though.

:sigh:
Back to the drawing board for this for now.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 16:00   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
So armed with a chequebook , I drove today morning to the nearest Honda dealership (Crystal Honda , Bavdhan , Pune) to ask if I can get a Brio , particularly the rumoured facelift.
However, was informed that they dont have any old Brio in stock, and cant tell when they will get one either. As per the SA , the new Brio is expected only by the end of this year, or at the turn of the next. I wouldnt rely on him for this information though.
4 whole months!

This is why you shouldn't be lazy and procrastinate such crucial decisions, Ojas.

Check out the Figo DCT. I drove it about a month back and thought it was a fantastic option in it's price range. Sadly, Ford hasn't lowered the prices of the DCT variants in it's recent price-slashing exercise but still it's a great car.

I recommend it whole-heartedly.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 16:47   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
4 whole months!

This is why you shouldn't be lazy and procrastinate such crucial decisions, Ojas.
You are right! But for some health issues in the family, I would have taken the plunge before May.
I need to check out the Figo now. But at 7.42L Ex-showroom Pune, I believe it is priced dangerously close to a Jazz , which means people (me included) will automatically gravitate to the Bigger Honda.
I can wait for a month to see if the new Brio makes an appearance. If I had booked a Baleno AT when I started dillydallying over the choice of cars, I would have received it by now.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 02:39   #292
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to purchase a comfortable automatic hatchback for my parents and am seriously considering Jazz CVT. Do we have any other better options in this price range at present or in the near future?

Requirements are:
1. Easy ingress/egress - ruled out polo gt for this reason
2. Good seating height - especially front seats
3. Nice all around visibility for easy city driving
4. 90% city driving and 10% highway usage
5. Rear seat is going to be used rarely
6. Should have good features and should look and feel like an upgrade from my dad's current car which is a Swift Vxi
7. Comfortable ride quality at city speeds and decent structural integrity

Im not too sure about the waiting period, but if that is the case why don't you look at the City? I owned the previous gen car and now the current gen. Its a perfect car and seeing as your budget is at about 9 lakhs you could get the city for that amount. Though the automatic City will cost 2 lakhs more, id say its 2 lakhs well spent. Its a bigger car and probably drives better too. Also you can check out the current gen Rapid, its due a facelift in a few months and you could get it at great discounts. Both are well spaced cars, probably best to have your father TD it. If you are Maruti fan, the Ciaz is a very good option. Best mileage, good comfort though it may be a little low seated.

Even the Ecosport could be considered. All these may be a few lakhs over Jazz but i think they are pretty good. If you want a hatchback then perhaps Figo can be an option or the Baleno. Moreover, there are compact sedans you could consider. Aspire and Amaze are both good options.
mijnoirhammer67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:30   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
Im not too sure about the waiting period, but if that is the case why don't you look at the City? I owned the previous gen car and now the current gen. Its a perfect car and seeing as your budget is at about 9 lakhs you could get the city for that amount. Though the automatic City will cost 2 lakhs more, id say its 2 lakhs well spent. Its a bigger car and probably drives better too. Also you can check out the current gen Rapid, its due a facelift in a few months and you could get it at great discounts. Both are well spaced cars, probably best to have your father TD it. If you are Maruti fan, the Ciaz is a very good option. Best mileage, good comfort though it may be a little low seated.

Even the Ecosport could be considered. All these may be a few lakhs over Jazz but i think they are pretty good. If you want a hatchback then perhaps Figo can be an option or the Baleno. Moreover, there are compact sedans you could consider. Aspire and Amaze are both good options.
My dad specifically wanted a hatchback that is comfort oriented and easy to drive. I did take a look at Figo, but it was kind of noisy compared to Jazz. Baleno was ruled out because of comparatively lighter build quality.

Went ahead and purchased a taffeta white Jazz as pearl white jazz isn't available out here for the next 2+ months. I hope I made the right decision as this is our first Honda.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 23rd August 2016 at 13:38.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 18:29   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Do we have any other better options in this price range at present or in the near future?
The Baleno and Aspire AT are good options.

There is a report indicating the launch if the Elite i20 AT, but I'm not sure about the timeline. I can't think of any deal-making advantage with the Elite i20.
landcruiser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 18:32   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyboy101 View Post
None of the cars Wowed me and I had to compromise, So, I had pretty much decided on the Jazz - feeling it would be a bit mod friendly and maybe I would change it in a few years (...for a Yeti DSG).

Confused? Who me?
I suggest you have a look at this thread for Jazz CVT ownership review.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html (My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic))
varunswnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 06:51   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
The Baleno and Aspire AT are good options.

There is a report indicating the launch if the Elite i20 AT, but I'm not sure about the timeline. I can't think of any deal-making advantage with the Elite i20.
Took the delivery of Jazz yesterday. Had to rule out Baleno because of ultra light build quality and Figo DCT engine felt a little noisy. Was left with only jazz CVT after numerous test drives.

Was waiting for Elite i20 AT launch, but lost my patience and went ahead with Jazz.
ece2k2 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 12:16   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Took the delivery of Jazz yesterday. Had to rule out Baleno because of ultra light build quality and Figo DCT engine felt a little noisy. Was left with only jazz CVT after numerous test drives.

Was waiting for Elite i20 AT launch, but lost my patience and went ahead with Jazz.
Congratulations on your buy and I don't think you should be thinking too much about the i20 Automatic. i20 petrol isn't such a good car compared to the Jazz even in the manual state. Honda makes sense as they are damn good with respect to petrol engine technology.
Vinodh_Gowda is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 12:56   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took the delivery of Jazz yesterday.
Congratulations on the Jazz. Mind sharing the final OTR after discounts (if any) ?
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 13:07   #299
BHPian

A couple of questions in my head since I am considering changing my car.

Is it worth waiting for the Baleno RS which most probably would be launched during Diwali, or should I just pick up the Polo GT TSI right away?

No discounts on the GT TSI as usual, not even corporate or any other. But this is solely based on a telephonic conversation with one of the dealers.

GST! Should I wait till April 2017 and save myself approx 8-10% cost?
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 13:36   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
A couple of questions in my head since I am considering changing my car.

Is it worth waiting for the Baleno RS which most probably would be launched during Diwali, or should I just pick up the Polo GT TSI right away?

No discounts on the GT TSI as usual, not even corporate or any other. But this is solely based on a telephonic conversation with one of the dealers.

GST! Should I wait till April 2017 and save myself approx 8-10% cost?
It makes sense to wait, as per my opinion.
1. Once the Baleno RS is launched, we would get to know it's capability and how it stacks up against the GT TSi. Not just out right acceleration but also if the underpinnings are changed like the suspension and all. My guess TSi would still remain the better one to drive.
2. Festival season is generally when VW brings their (another) update/refresh thereby adding some features.
3. Waiting till GST implementation is a big wait. Moreover I doubt if the manufacturers would pass on the benefit to us-the customers. Anyways, there is that routine increase in prices at the start of every year in the name of raw material cost increase and all.

Wait till the RS launch and take the decision after that.
Vinodh_Gowda is online now   Reply With Quote