Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2016, 10:18   #316
Newbie
 
Sandyboy101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 15
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

I got fed up waiting around for Honda guys to call me with an available Jazz, so I decided to go check out the new brio and find out what the VW folks would offer me for my Fabia - and basically book the polo GT. When I reached VW the sales rep told me that the polo is no longer available for the next 30-40 days as they are adding a reverse camera and some led lights, price to go up too by ~ 40k. It will be about 11L on road Mumbai. Honda being next door, I went in to check the Brio and ask about the Jazz availability, I liked the new dash in the Brio, ~8L on road for the top auto varient. The sales guy said a white Jazz auto is available (what I wanted), so after much haggling I booked it with only 10k worth accessories as my discount! With the extended warranty OTR 10L. Delivery in about 10 days. Disappointed as to no further discounts and they offered me a ridiculous price for my Fabia. Now I'm looking forward to drive the new car
Sandyboy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 18:00   #317
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 106
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post

Tried both. Liked Figo's performance better though Baleno's interior space and exterior looks are better. Baleno's build quality is a concern. Figo is 9L OTR v.s. Baleen's 9.4L OTR

Suggestions?
I am in the same boat as you (budget and cafeterias). Sitting on the fence and thinking whether i can live with the ride quality. Did extensive test drive of baleno, in city & till airport and the rough hennur road, and the ride is bumpy for sure.

Wishful thinking that ford will slash prices. Tried negotiating (a friend was also looking at ecosport) but they didn't budge on "No Cash Discount"

Let me know what other options you thinking - Zest?
KD007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 12:27   #318
BHPian
 
Aston Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 330
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyboy101 View Post
When I reached VW the sales rep told me that the polo is no longer available for the next 30-40 days as they are adding a reverse camera and some led lights, price to go up too by ~ 40k. It will be about 11L on road Mumbai.
Can you share the details of this VW dealership? There is an update lined up for the Polo but not sure if GT TSI is also getting it. Price hike of 40k is a lot for those 3 new additions. I will definitely prefer to go with the current model if the engine/suspension (mechanicals) remain untouched.
Aston Singh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 20:11   #319
Newbie
 
Sandyboy101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 15
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Can you share the details of this VW dealership? There is an update lined up for the Polo but not sure if GT TSI is also getting it. Price hike of 40k is a lot for those 3 new additions. I will definitely prefer to go with the current model if the engine/suspension (mechanicals) remain untouched.
This was the Andheri west showroom, Automark I think.
She said everything else is the same. People have already paid booking amounts according to her.
Even small cars seem to be getting out of reach!.
Sandyboy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2016, 17:02   #320
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 175
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
I am in the same boat as you (budget and cafeterias). Sitting on the fence and thinking whether i can live with the ride quality. Did extensive test drive of baleno, in city & till airport and the rough hennur road, and the ride is bumpy for sure.

Wishful thinking that ford will slash prices. Tried negotiating (a friend was also looking at ecosport) but they didn't budge on "No Cash Discount"

Let me know what other options you thinking - Zest?
Though I have a booking for baleno CVT, I am seriously thinking of cancelling that and going with figo AT. Drove both couple more times and figo is any day better to drive. Ford guys are ready for deals to some extend and I am going to talk to them again tomorrow. PM me if you are interested.
motorhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 18:10   #321
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 175
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

quick update: I have cancelled my baleno cvt booking and went ahead with ford figo AT. Went with heart than head . Performance difference was too hard to ignore.

Hope Ford will not disappoint me with the service cost and experience and will live upto their new slogans around customer experience and service costs!
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 19:40   #322
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 106
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
quick update: I have cancelled my baleno cvt booking and went ahead with ford figo AT. Went with heart than head . Performance difference was too hard to ignore.

!
Congratulations. We decided to wait a little due to busy few months. If you don't mind sharing what's the final cost, any discounts?
Enjoy your new ride
KD007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 14:04   #323
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 175
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

without insurance, its 8.51 on road incl 4 years warranty + basic accessories.
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 11:24   #324
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 175
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

My CLC and Insurance formalities were all complete. And then comes a call from Metro Ford that there were some quality issues in their last PDI check and hence they cannot deliver the car. Looks like they have to make a fresh booking to the factory and it will take at least 5-6 weeks!!

I asked them if they can speed it up; they wouldn't as Figo sales are so high; esp AT!. Looks like the official sales figures that we see all around is wrong and Figo is the top seller in hatch segment !!

Now when I said, I can wait as PDI issue is no one's fault, here comes the shocker - "Sir, the price, discounts / offers that we gave are all invalid now as this is now a fresh order that we have to give to the factory. So we have to work on the price again". Looks like, its my fault if they find a production issue with the car in their PDI and I have to pay a price for that. Ford customer service and experience rocks!!

Sent an email to Ford India indicating how much I am loving their improved customer experience. Lets see what they have to say
motorhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 12:26   #325
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 165
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Sent an email to Ford India indicating how much I am loving their improved customer experience. Lets see what they have to say
Dealers are alike in all respects, but in my past experience in dealing with Ford India directly, I was pleasantly surprised by their responsiveness to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. Eventually, the dealer toed the company line withing 48 hours of a similar feedback sent to Ford India team.

I am sure your email would have the desired effect pretty soon. Do let us know how it transpired.
rdhawan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 15:56   #326
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 175
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
I am sure your email would have the desired effect pretty soon. Do let us know how it transpired.
You are right. There is impact already. Ford raised a compliant and the dealer got it first thing today morning and the dealer called me now. They have a different story now and its still unfolding. There is no issue with the car and PDI is green. They had double booked the car or they have given additional offers etc etc and sales person was trying to cancel the booking.

Now I do not know what to believe - Not sure if there is an issue with the car or if the new story is correct. Wondering if I continue with Ford or leave it altogether!!!
motorhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 14:38   #327
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 639
Thanked: 602 Times
Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
You are right. There is impact already. Ford raised a compliant and the dealer got it first thing today morning and the dealer called me now. They have a different story now and its still unfolding. There is no issue with the car and PDI is green. They had double booked the car or they have given additional offers etc etc and sales person was trying to cancel the booking.

Now I do not know what to believe - Not sure if there is an issue with the car or if the new story is correct. Wondering if I continue with Ford or leave it altogether!!!
Be firm that you will do a PDI from your end (TBHP PDI is your friend) and only if you're good, you'll pay ANY amount. Now that they've messed it up, make sure you thoroughly check the car.

They may have tried pulling a fast one on you by double booking (it happens) but they may not have expected your email to Ford India. Good job bringing this to their attention.

Also, if you're not in a hurry, do wait for the new batch. Even that, consider doing the PDI and you should be good to go. Also, time to wring out some more discounts / freebies.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 17:03   #328
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 175
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Ford team got involved actively and they reinstated the promised price and other aspects. Got a written note from Ford and also the dealer that there are no quality issues and PDI is all green.

Getting the delivery later this week. Will do a proper PDI. Good part is that I have taken 4 years warranty. Thanks guys!
motorhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2016, 14:55   #329
BHPian
 
swami.n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: TN-10
Posts: 249
Thanked: 176 Times
Default Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Hi BHPians. Need advice on buying a new car.

First - A brief of my situation. Almost 4yrs back we had bought the Figo TDCi and its now @ 42kkms still going as good as new.

So far Figo serverd its purpose fine, as my wife's office(27kms from home) was on the way to my work place(40kms). I used to drop & pick her up. But since the past year or so, my place of work has moved which is now 15kms & well ahead of my wife's office. My new work place falls right in the highest traffic density & taking the car for 15kms consumes almost more time than my prev location which was 40kms. So started using my Gixxer/Thunderbird daily. First few months I still used to drop her & go to my office which again came to about 40-42kms. But off late due to work commitments I have started to go directly to office in bike & wife takes ola most of the days & wego on some of the days. The Figo is now used only during the weekends & the running has come down from 2-3k kms to a mere 400-500kms per month average.

Though my wife knows to drive the Manual & has got her licence, her driving experice is very less and limited mostly to open highway stretches. More over she is not the LiveToDrive type like most of us here. So even if she starts driving the Manual, I'm still not sure if she would be even more stressed out driving in crawling traffic for 55-60kms every day.

Now we have three options.

First - Stick with Figo & see if she gets accustomed to the MT & can handle the left leg becoming sore - the most economic. This would mean we might not need to change the car for the next couple of years & can upgrade to a car of next segment or even in the Altis segment in 3yrs time, but this comes at a cost of stress for my wife.

Second - Buy a small preowned AT car, say Nano or Alto - but this would tend to make the Figo becoming even less used, as weekends in traffic also would be the AT car. But we cannot sell the Figo as the AT would not be sufficient for the family.

Third - To exchange Figo & get a new AT. This would mean the car should atleast be same or bigger than the Figo's size. This means we should either go for the premium hatches or the Compact sedans. Cars like i20, Baleno, Jazz, Aspire, Zest, Amaze, xCent fall into the list. Also the car would again start running close to 2k kms per month. Most of the petrol ATs in the above list give 10-12kmpl in day to day driving which make a Diesel AT more practical. The problem here is only 2 cars have Diesel ATs in the segment we look at. The Dzire & Zest. The next is Verna which is a bit too much of stretch financially & size wise too. In this case the Dzire is striked out First as both of us are not inclined towards the Swift/Dzire design & the Dzire falls short of our Figo's interior space and has similar sized boot. So Zest becomes the only option if we want to stick to our planned Financial commitment.

Option 3a would be to sell the Figo & go for a preowned diesel AT from a higher segment like Verna or Cruze etc(Here the stretch would only be the size). But my wife is Ok for a preowned car only if its a second car. She says if we have only one car, its better to be new.

Looking for you help.

Suggestions towards all options welcome & out of the box options are accepted as well.
Would like to hear from those who have been in a similar situation & what they opted for.

Thanks in advance.
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 11:30   #330
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 14
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post

Third - To exchange Figo & get a new AT. This would mean the car should atleast be same or bigger than the Figo's size. This means we should either go for the premium hatches or the Compact sedans. Cars like i20, Baleno, Jazz, Aspire, Zest, Amaze, xCent fall into the list. Also the car would again start running close to 2k kms per month. Most of the petrol ATs in the above list give 10-12kmpl in day to day driving which make a Diesel AT more practical. The problem here is only 2 cars have Diesel ATs in the segment we look at. The Dzire & Zest. The next is Verna which is a bit too much of stretch financially & size wise too. In this case the Dzire is striked out First as both of us are not inclined towards the Swift/Dzire design & the Dzire falls short of our Figo's interior space and has similar sized boot. So Zest becomes the only option if we want to stick to our planned Financial commitment.



Have you considered the recently launched VW Ameo Diesel AT ? I understand the engine is a gem and the DSG is a hoot to drive.

Assuming your budget is around 10 lakhs this might be a viable option, although with a boot space of 330 liters it might not be that much of a step up from the 280 liters in your Figo.

250 Nm torque, though. :-)
gongura is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Automatic transmission - sedan or hatchback under 10L Tron Sedans 17 2nd June 2016 11:32
Mercedes Benz 300D (W123 series): Manual Transmission to Automatic Transmission. wartikars Post-War 5 3rd January 2014 12:39
Wheelspin in an Automatic Transmission (A/T) Dippy Technical Stuff 24 6th December 2010 22:19
Need help to choose an Automatic Transmission hatchback chittybang Hatchbacks 17 28th April 2008 10:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks