Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 27th April 2007, 10:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

in april autocar, it was told that TDi is better VFM than DICOR as there is no great leapin power or refinement. Also this is tata's 'new' motor and therefore one cannot be an 'subject' to their experiments.
Old 27th April 2007, 13:12   #17
BHPian

Tata Indigo. Full Stop.
Old 27th April 2007, 13:19   #18
BHPian

Guys ,

Tata Indigo TDi is turbo charged regular diesel engine(old school diesel technology). Its not the the direct injection technology - BHPins please correct me if I am wrong....
Old 27th April 2007, 13:32   #19
Team-BHP Support

Rahul, if i were in your friend's place, and the choice was limited to ONLY these two, i would go in for the Swift Vdi. However, since your friend plans to retain his trusted Santro, it complicates things a bit.

Under these circumstances, the indigo is the solution, as like many others mentioned, no real point maintaining two hatches. Tsk has already summed up the pros and the cons of the TDi above, and so i wont elaborate.

He can spend some more and go for the DICOR, but as per some reviews on the forum, there isnt much noticeable increase/improvement in performance over the TDi.

Moving beyond just these two choices... why is your friend not in favor of a Ford? Any specifc bad experiences, or just going by hearsay?
Old 27th April 2007, 13:41   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29
why is your friend not in favor of a Ford? Any specifc bad experiences, or just going by hearsay?
Nothing to do with hearsay or bad experiences IMO. Its just that the Fiesta-D would not come in his budget of 5.5lakhs. Since he is looking for a diesel, the Ford that would come in his budget (Flair), is ruled out.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

The Indigo because he wouldn't need a second hatch & because it has more space inside & will be cheaper to maintain....and comes backed-up with the legendary TATA reliability

Last edited by suman : 27th April 2007 at 14:15.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:22   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Regarding the petrol options,let me start with ford,he is not much in favour with them.

So finally we just shortlisted the diesel's.

Quote:
Nothing to do with hearsay or bad experiences IMO. Its just that the Fiesta-D would not come in his budget of 5.5lakhs. Since he is looking for a diesel, the Ford that would come in his budget (Flair), is ruled out.
@SB : Rahul's friend for some reasons narrowed down onto the diesels in the range of 5.5 lakhs because they ran out of petrol options. I have highlighted in bold Rahul's post where he mentioned his friend is not in favour with Ford.

As for the Fiesta-D, I know that's way beyond his budget, if it wasnt for all you know, i may have been driving around one.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th April 2007 at 14:26.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:23   #23
Team-BHP Support

Excuse the double post. Mods plz delete.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th April 2007 at 14:25.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:35   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
and comes backed-up with the legendary TATA reliability
LOL. Good one.

Quote:
@SB : Rahul's friend for some reasons narrowed down onto the diesels in the range of 5.5 lakhs because they ran out of petrol options. I have highlighted in bold Rahul's post where he mentioned his friend is not in favour with Ford.
Oh, OK. The thread title and the 1st post being all about diesel, I missed the part about the fruitless search among petrols. My mistake.

Quote:
As for the Fiesta-D, I know that's way beyond his budget, if it wasnt for all you know, i may have been driving around one.
It's precisely for these situations that the friendly neighborhood bank exists. "Main hoon na" as they say. Or is it Hum hain na?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 27th April 2007 at 14:36.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:40   #25
Team-BHP Support

Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
It's precisely for these situations that the friendly neighborhood bank exists. "Main hoon na" as they say. Or is it Hum hain na?
Main hoon na... SRK arrives on the flying chariot to deliver the dough.
'Hum hain na'.. would rather stay away.
Old 27th April 2007, 15:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for your inputs.He is getting additional 30 months warranty[total 18+30 = 48 months,i.e. 4 years] as well apart from the corporate discount on the indigo.

Its just his relatives,parents keeping him away from the ikon but at the same time they rate the fiesta very highly,sadly though there is no way he can afford the fiesta.However lets see I may just drag him to the ford showroom,lets see what happens after that[with regards to ikon].

One of their arguments was resale value to which I had no answer,I think they are right the ikon and the indigo diesel right now cost the same but depreciation of the ikon would be higher than the indigo because of the diesel factor.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 27th April 2007 at 15:41.
Old 27th April 2007, 16:22   #27
BHPian

Ikon Flair @ 4.7L is HIGH VFM...but if they don't want to go for it as it's future is uncertain, why not look at Fiesta 1.4 Petrol? It's just above his budget of 5.5L, maybe around 6L but worth every penny. err, paise
Old 27th April 2007, 17:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Ikon Flair @ 4.7L is HIGH VFM...but if they don't want to go for it as it's future is uncertain, why not look at Fiesta 1.4 Petrol? It's just above his budget of 5.5L, maybe around 6L but worth every penny. err, paise
Yes the fiesta is just above 5.5lacs i suggested this some post before to

fiesta is overall a better car than the indigo

and ikon flair 4.7lac is great VFM i would suggest that your friend takes TD of both cars and then decide
Old 27th April 2007, 17:59   #29
BHPian

Space+VFm+Cheap maintenance+sedan=indigo stick to it.
Old 27th April 2007, 19:08   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

He's already got a hatchback. Would suggest the Indigo but he really cant expect the same level of fit/finish/refinement as his existing Santro. Or the Swift diesel.

Ask him to go for a longer test-drive in the Indigo. If hes happy, then go ahead and book it.
Closed Thread