Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 30th April 2007, 17:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to team-bhp, few new cars in namely the Ford fiesta 1.4 and the Ford Fusion 1.6 after stretching the budget to the maximum possible. i.e. 6.5 lakhs[Now it is not possible to increase it at all].The aveo 1.4 even base model is 6.75 OTR [way off budget]

So now it is a four way battle the Indigo Ls/Lx VS the Swift Vdi VS Ford Fiesta 1.4 Vs the Ford Fusion 1.6.
The ford fusion seems more VFM than the Fiesta,since it comes fully loaded,is more spacious than most hatches,however would love to hear your opinions too.

Had a look at a few Old cars even a 2004 NHC but not completely satisfied because of missing the new car feel which my friend is looking for so that's the end of that ,we are not looking at any second hand cars.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 30th April 2007 at 17:53.
Old 30th April 2007, 18:05   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Thanks to team-bhp, few new cars in namely the Ford fiesta 1.4 and the Ford Fusion 1.6 after stretching the budget to the maximum possible. i.e. 6.5 lakhs[Now it is not possible to increase it at all].The aveo 1.4 even base model is 6.75 OTR [way off budget]
Good, so now you are more confused
Quote:
So now it is a four way battle the Indigo Ls/Lx VS the Swift Vdi VS Ford Fiesta 1.4 Vs the Ford Fusion 1.6.
The ford fusion seems more VFM than the Fiesta,since it comes fully loaded,is more spacious than most hatches,however would love to hear your opinions too.
Well Fusion is not selling well. So expect even worse resale. If resale is not an issue.... But then its a hatch. A bigger hatch, but still quite a hatch. Moreover the fiesta and Fusion are petrol cars, so expect around 10-12kmpl in city.
From a refinement/quality of interiors perspective the Fiesta 1.4 petrol is better than Indigo LS.
So if your friend think he will be running more than 1500kms a month or whereabouts, the indigo LS makes a lot of sense.
It will give you 14kmpl in city with ease, and it will sip diesel, running costs being 2.25/km or whereabouts.
The petrol guys will cost 4-4.5/km approx, which translates to spending 3500/month or 6000/month on fuel.

So if you have two sedans Fiesta 1.4 and Indigo LS in your target, go for Fiesta if fuel costs don't matter much(low running), but if they do buy an indigo LS and save around 2500-3500/month.
Been there done that, and I can vouch for the fact that saving 3000rs a month is more pleasing than absence of morning diesel clatter.
Old 30th April 2007, 18:11   #33
Team-BHP Support

My opinion:

Go the fiesta way since its a popular "sedan". The comfort and the image that the car carries does matter.

Fusion if you want a fun to drive car.

Vdi only if you are ready to compromise VFM and space with tons of kms to cover.

Indica if on a budget.
Old 2nd May 2007, 10:49   #34
Team-BHP Support

@Rahul : Since you/your friend has brought the Fiesta 1.4 into the equation, I would say this is the choice to go for. The Fiesta brings with it the new-car feel, and is quite a frontrunner in its segment, which should translate to good resale.

I still dont see why your friend's relatives should have a grudge against the Ikon. Ford has learnt their lesson and its defintiely VFM now.

Fusion would kill on the resale part, and unless one is highly tempted by it, better to go in for the Fiesta over the Fusion.
Old 12th May 2007, 18:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

My friend has booked a Tata Indigo LX [TDi] after he increased his budget by about 50,000 bucks from his previous choice the Indigo LS .After the corporate discounts and extended warranty it came to about 5.70 lakh OTR.

Whatever little interaction I had with the Tata dealers when I went with my friend was awesome,very professional.Tata dealers have come a long way since the first indica's where sold.

Thanks a lot each and every one for your opinions/advice.
Closed Thread