Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 12th May 2007, 12:31   #16
BHPian

I was not impressed Palio 1.1, the torque and pickup at lower RPMs ...
1st and 2nd gear was not impressive. Stop and start city traffic is not going to be fun. After it reaches a certain RPM...3rd gear its good.. it kind of floats.... but that luxury is not available at city traffic.

Wagon R Duo ..seem to be a smarter choice...
raajks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 13:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandeep81 View Post
definately the palio ... even though the engine size has been scaled down than the previous versions it still has a lot of power for comfortabe city driving than the wagon r
Lot of power? Comfortable city driving than wagonR ? Care to elaborate?

Anyways, if you have made up your mind regarding Palio 1.1, Congrats and have fun!

And do keep us posted. I think you are going to be the first Stile 1.1 owner in the forum.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 08:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

I somehow feel that you have got carried away and not tested other cars diligently. Congrats if you have made up your mind though. And do post in your impressions of the 1.1. The car should be a real head turner in black.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 09:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

shiv

lemme try and put in my comments for you. as finney put it on earlier, the new stile does manage 14-15 with or without a/c in the city. i dont want to say its a scorching performer or anything of that sort, but i test drove it and i liked the car. and since you are talking about wagon r, and stile only, i would prefer stile simply because its gorgeous, has decent performance for city drives (for your kind of mileages), seats 5 with logs of luggage space at the back easily, and great AC for those hot summers.

since you are in bangalore i would advise you to check up on green tracks, hosur road for your services on the palio. i dont want to believe that spare parts will be an issue anymore now that tata manages fiat sales. but its important you approach the right dealer, strike a good rappo with him to ensure your car is good and keeps performing well. you need passionate people to handle the palio well.

as for spares, i believe it should be cheap. and for wagon R, they havent done much to either the engine or the looks for a long long time. its boxy looking, and seats only 4 in comfort. as for the car, there is an active group on yahoo (paliousersindia) of which both me and finney are members, where you can find your answers to many palio questions.

i am not sure whether to say this here, but nevertheless i do find that there are many issues (small and manageable) being reported on older palios, though none on stile yet. while its common to discuss issues like this, either because maruti handles servicing of wagon R well, there seems no need that users talk about wagonRs pitfalls, while the palio on the other hand - everything is discussed openly.

so, go ahead, check the group, read through & enjoy your palio. and for once, after you buy the car, its best you stop worrying and start freaking out.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 12:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Black Palio looks mindblowing

Without prejudices like looks/performance (0-100 / 1/4th mile etc) the Stile 1.1 is a great proposition in your case.

NFP stile (1.6) was dropped by us because of Mileage + rear hatch design, choice of colour + weird interior colours

Dad's booking the swift vxi soon, show with not much go :|
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 20:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Dad's booking the swift vxi soon, show with not much go :|
Why would you say that buddy?I think you're under the wrong impression.Yes, its not a Palio 1.6, but the Swift is a pretty decent performer.The handling is superb.The lack of low down grunt is probably the only negative.The car is biased towards top end performance rather than driveability.In all probability that line of yours should change once you own and drive the car .

Karandeep, test drive the Palio extensively before making a call.Its a good VFM car and that might make you fall for it.But do check its performance with a full load and a/c.The mileage seems to be good.There was this article in 'mumbai mirror' about the Stile.The FE seems to be around 13-14kmpl in city.The catch line of the article was ' If you were to have an accident, you'd want to be in a Palio!'.Good luck with your car search.
roms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 11:33   #22
BHPian

Default its wagon r duo not palio

Hi guys ,thank you once again for all ur replies ,i changed my mind the last minute and booked Black color wogon R dUO lxi ,somehow i was not comfortable with fiat palio;s FE,A.S.S etc.............I have applied a loan in SBI it will be sanctioned by the end of the day or latest by tomrrow.The car is ready for delivery ,the mandovi guys have promised me to give teflon coating,film,rubber mats & mudflaps.im thinking should i put a power windows front will cost me around 6.7 k . Ill keep u guys informed and i need a lot of help from the experts here on the ICE part .

Regards
shivkumar
shivkumar19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 14:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Hi guys ,thank you once again for all ur replies ,i changed my mind the last minute and booked Black color wogon R dUO lxi
Are you Sundance?
Anyway congrats!
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 14:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats shiv kumar,

Quote:
The car is ready for delivery ,the mandovi guys have promised me to give teflon coating,film,rubber mats & mudflaps.
Team-bhp does not recommend teflon coating,go through the advice section here.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 15:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Hi guys ,thank you once again for all ur replies ,i changed my mind the last minute and booked Black color wogon R dUO lxi ,somehow i was not comfortable with fiat palio;s FE,A.S.S etc.............Ir
If A.S.S was the only concern, then your decision may not be the best. Both the cars are pretty reliable. Palio definitely looks a better overall package. I guess that its too late now.

Congrats on your buy. I am sure you'll enjoy your new car
sushanthr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 17:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice of car. Enjoy it.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 18:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

@ shiv - congrats
@ Sundance... have you decided what you are buying?
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote