Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 15th May 2007, 03:03   #16

i do the del-jaipur route frequently (262km) in an accent crdi gle.its fun to drive.
but if i have my driver handle the wheel and i make it to the rear seats, i feel i'm sitting on the floor.
my knees lock up and my lower back gives away.
by the time i reach tonk road i can imagine what a jap geisha must be feeling after a hard day's work.
get the picture?
doctorkats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 03:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you go in for a Elantra like everyone else here..
Tadu will be able to shed more light on maintainence cost..but IMHO i dont think that the maintainince is that high..provided we see that the vehicle will be used extensively only when you are visiting..thats once in 10 months.

Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 04:25   #18

I almost zeroing in on Swift VDi bright red which is a nonmetallic. Is it worth going for VDi? Someone in tbhp enlightened me about the rear seat and i myself checked the rear seats and looked ok to me.

Now, i have to decide between VDi and LDi. Pls throw in your comments. thanks.

Also iam trying the DilSe route to get this. When I went thru the terms/conditions in maruti;s website, doesnt sound good. anyone have done this alredy? how painful is the process? Any idea about discounts in dealerships for VDi?

Funny part is overall width of Swift is more than Accent but errrgh...not sure what they did inside. the walls are too thick i hope! :-)
sgmuser is offline   Reply With Quote