Team-BHP - Chevy UVA
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Chevy UVA (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/24689-chevy-uva.html)

I am seriously thinking about going for UVA. UVA owners please share your experience with the vehicle. There seems to be only one dealership in Chennai.Am concerned about the service too. I came to know from the salesperson in the dealership that till now only 138 cars have been sold since Jan '07 when it was introduced.This does not bother me though.

The car is really good for the city. Its more spacious than getz and swift but the engine is underpowered.

Drive was good, but spark appealed to me more.

I would still recommend UV-A as its one good car if you can forget its not Japanese for a while.

UVA is a good car... how ever you have option of Swift too in same price bracket... But VFM if you are looking for then i would say go for UVA.

as far as service is concerned GM india is improving on that part atleast in Bangalore and Jaipur i can give you feed back as i own GM vehicles in both places.

Chennai i am not sure, you may have a word with other owners in chennai.

Personally I really like U-VA perhaps more than face-lifted Getz and definetly more than Swift. I may have said it in past about liking swift but after brief drive in U-VA and being on backseat of Swift I would choose U-VA. However still the fact remains that it is under-powered. Not a lot but on highway while overtaking you may feel need for more power.

kay.kay, if you are not gonna do highway runs often do go ahead with U-VA but please don't go for base model as it doesn't have that centrally mounted information lights and is just plain plastic with big Chevrolet logo on it and it looks horrible.

yes,the base model has got nothing.no player,no speaker nothing.one thing which attracts me about uva is its space at rear,really comfortable for person who seats there

I really liked the TD of UVA. I took TD in City, not on highway. It is really really smooth with very less gear shifting required. Interiors are not so good compared Spark and Aveo (sedan). I would rate UVA higher than Swift (though Swiift will be faster on highway).

Bit diversion, but I am confused with GM price list. Description for UVA LT says that it has MP3 radia Audio system with 4 speakers with small '*' on top. The finer print says dealer fit item at extra cost. So what is the point in writing it there? Dealer can fit so many things at extra cost.

same was the case in case of Aveo sedan in the beginning.. '*' dealer fitment at extra cost.. when sedan didnt pick up in the market, the '*' was removed and it became a standard itme.

I also took a test drive of U-VA, 1) It was more peppier than I expected.
2) They say "Incredible spacious" and it is indeed true.
3) Interiors may not be be best, but you can expect more from a B segment car.
4) Exteriors are good.. tail lamps best in class.
5) With 3yrs/1,00,000 km warranty and 3yrs/45,000kms service package @ Rs 8000, chances are rare, that the things may go wrong.

I give this car a thumbs up.

I like the exteriors of the car. But I did not like the interiors, power when i test drove the car in the city and the pricing, If you can live them, its a good car. GM spare parts costs are reduced, the service is improved as well.

kay.kay,

please read my review if it would help you decide better.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...UVA+test+drive

and if you are going for the car, go for LT, and black or forest green. almost all colours are very good on this, especially so black. its well designed and roomy.

If space is your first priority, U-VA would be fine...

otherwise, there are better options available...

Thanks, the review was useful!!

hi,

i td-ed the vehicle today and there's nothing else to say except I'm impressed!; and after hearing that the swift petrol will take 2 months to be delivered, i think this hatch is certainly on my wish list.

i was thinking about the spark but after the uva td, my focus seems to have changed. the back seat has enormous space vis-a-vis the swift. power-wise, since i drove only inside the cubbon park, cant comment :(

delivery time: 7 days flat - sundaram motors, kasturba road

-EMD

How is U-VA?
Dear friends,
Could you please clarify my some of queries about Aveo U-VA?
1. How is *** from GM in Pune and other cities also?
2. Mileage in city and highways
3. Is maintenance costly as compared to Swift/Palio/Getz? If yes, how much?
4. How will be resale values after 3-4 years as compare to Getz/Palio (I am not comparing with Swift).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kay.kay (Post 455646)
I am seriously thinking about going for UVA. UVA owners please share your experience with the vehicle. There seems to be only one dealership in Chennai.Am concerned about the service too. I came to know from the salesperson in the dealership that till now only 138 cars have been sold since Jan '07 when it was introduced.This does not bother me though.

Hello kay.kay

I'm from Chennai too. There are 2 GM dealers that I know of in Chennai - Sundaram Motors & KLN Motors (Kilpauk, near Breeze Hotel). KLN motors is relatively new. I too test drove the Aveo U-VA. KLN motors has stock of quite a few 2007 Aveo U-VA's which are available at a discount (limited colours though). You'll have to bargain with the dealer for better prices if you are opting for the 2007 model. I don't think you will be able to get much discount from Sundaram Motors.

I've decided to opt for the Getz 1.3 instead as I wasn't too happy with the interiors of the U-VA. The backrest of the rear seat of the Getz is also adjustable giving 3 different recline angles. Hope this helps.

regards

Krishnan