Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 7th June 2007, 01:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy Experience of buying the first car - Going nuts !

I am in the process of buying my first car (Swift VDi with ABS) since last month and has been a complete nutter ever since.

Sleep has left me, as all I can think of while sleeping is whether to get JBL O637 for the front speakers instead of the IC122 that the dealer penned down, or whether Teflon coating is aboslutely necessary(Thanks to TBhp for sowing seeds of doubt in my mind ) or whether to get alloys or not. I virtually drive my car everyday in my mind and the long waiting period for this car isn't helping matters.

My solution is to go to the dealer and get as many test drives as I can, but it actually increases the longing for my car. Shucks !

Then I go and discuss accessories with the MGA guy, chopping and changing, calling up Swift owners I know and discussing ownership experiences with them. I have even researched aftermarket tyre options and prices, so that I can change footwear as soon as I get my car. I have zeroed in on Michelin Pilot Precedas at the moment, anybody use them?

Also planned the drives I will do after getting delivery of the car. Currently I ogle at all the Swifts that I see on the road, some of you on the forum must have been my victims .

The best part is, I am getting the loan cheque today from SBI, so delivery of the car should not be far off. Until then, I can't stop being a complete psycho(not to confuse with psycho here). I wonder how my wife is bearing with me !

Discovering TBhp has been a great soother, reading through the material here helps me take my mind off the car. Sorry for the rant, guys !
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 03:50   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Dont worry kutts. It will be worth the wait. Its a really nice car, with that beautiful engine that our FIAT fans so proudly claim is their pride. Dont worry too much, and dont buy any accessories at the showroom. Get out, give one of us a call and we will be glad to help you out with all you need. ICE, tires and alloys, Pete's Tuning Box the works. All we need in return is some humour and coming along with us on drives. Buss.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 04:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

It's great to see that you have been reading threads on the forum, and using other people's experiences to make your decisions.

Personally, I would suggest not buying anything MGA, atleast not tyres, etc. Everything else is SO much cheaper outside.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 05:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

The MJD engine completely owns. Its just too much fun once the turbo kicks in. The Swift diesel is well worth the wait. Just hang on until its delivered .
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 06:28   #5
BHPian

Welcome to tbhp. We understand your pain. But the end result will be worth all the wait and agony.
toiingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 08:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry buddy! You're getting a good car that will be worth the wait. You're obviously putting the time to good use by researching and zeroing in on what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Sleep has left me, as all I can think of while sleeping is whether to get JBL O637 for the front speakers instead of the IC122 that the dealer penned down...
Aaaaahhh! Your heart is in the right place. Head over to the ICE section and we'll give you loooooong sleepless nights and confusion

Quote:
I have zeroed in on Michelin Pilot Precedas at the moment, anybody use them?
I run PPs on my Palio. I love them. Great grip, lower road noise, smoooooooth ride. I run 50 profiles and folks who've sat in my car (incl. TBHPians) couldn't believe how good the ride was, even with 50s. The PPs will run out somewhat faster than regular tyres, though. From the wear I'm seeing now, I guess they will last for about 25K max. But every one of those kms will be pleasure, and that's what really matters. If your priority is more life, better ride, as against better grip & handling, good ride and ok-ok life for the tyres, you should try Michelin Energys.

Iraghava also runs P-Ps on his OHC. I don't know about any others on this forum, but there must be a few.

Last edited by hydrashok : 7th June 2007 at 08:07.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 10:48   #7
BHPian

Michelin Pilot Precedas are one of the best performance tyres, I have them on my baleno and as hydrashok said great grip, lower road noise, smooth ride.

Cheers
Hellcat
Hellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 11:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new purchase Kuttappan and yes I know how it feels to wait for your new car to be delivered!!!! Anyways like everyone has already mentioned please don't buy any accessories off MGA, it'll be nothing but a rip-off and Teflon is again a no-no.

As for your ICE requirements please visit the ICE section to have your mind & your budget both blown to smithereens!!!

Quote:
I have even researched aftermarket tyre options and prices, so that I can change footwear as soon as I get my car. I have zeroed in on Michelin Pilot Precedas at the moment, anybody use them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I run PPs on my Palio. I love them. Great grip, lower road noise, smoooooooth ride. I run 50 profiles and folks who've sat in my car (incl. TBHPians) couldn't believe how good the ride was, even with 50s. The PPs will run out somewhat faster than regular tyres, though. From the wear I'm seeing now, I guess they will last for about 25K max. But every one of those kms will be pleasure, and that's what really matters. If your priority is more life, better ride, as against better grip & handling, good ride and ok-ok life for the tyres, you should try Michelin Energys.

Iraghava also runs P-Ps on his OHC. I don't know about any others on this forum, but there must be a few.
Like ICE boy has already mentioned I too run PP's on my Dhanno. And he's put all the good & bad point about them very clearly alongwith possible options. However, if you need any further help feel free to ask!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 11:02   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

You gonna get compos for you front speakers right? No amp? No sub? And what about seat cover? G-sport? What about sun control films?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 11:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

LOL - @ jkdas - you have givn him more stuff to think about now - more sleepless nights ahead
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 11:23   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel your excitement brother. Congrats and all the best.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 11:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
with that beautiful engine that our FIAT fans so proudly claim is their pride.
Arre McL - Isnt the MJD a FIAT engine , whats there to claim ?

And Kuttapan, well as they say - The fruit of patience is sweet. So just hang in there and soon you will be driving your own baby and others will feel relieved that a desperate guy is not ogling at their baby.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 12:20   #13
Team-BHP Support

haa haa haaaa... tell me about it. And I know how you must be feeling. Its a very special anxious moment. You just count your days. But as they say the longing makes the meeting all the more sweeter.

So sit tight brother... its coming your way, soon.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 13:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

LOL kuttapan, honestly I know what it feels like.Hang on there still she comes home mate .

On a lighter note, when's you calling POPE about your new car ?
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 13:44   #15
BHPian

waiting is not a good feeling at all,wiating for food when you are hungry,waiting for a date and specially waiting for a new great car.
congratulation on your new and great purchase.
payam is offline   Reply With Quote