Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 21st June 2007, 22:41   #31
BHPian

Today I talked to RD Motors, Kolkata and asked them about the 16 valve palio 1.1 engine. They said they did not know anything about it. They gave me a contact number at Tata Motors Kolkata. The person there told me the 16 valve engine would take at least another year, definitely not a thing for the near future. Workshop at Pune where this engine may be built is apparently under construction.
Is this information verifiable?
asitkde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2007, 00:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
Today I talked to RD Motors, Kolkata and asked them about the 16 valve palio 1.1 engine. They said they did not know anything about it. They gave me a contact number at Tata Motors Kolkata. The person there told me the 16 valve engine would take at least another year, definitely not a thing for the near future. Workshop at Pune where this engine may be built is apparently under construction.
Is this information verifiable?

I also got similiar feedback from FIAT / Tata Mumbai. "Currently no plans to come out with a 16 valve engine for the 1.1" were the exact words.

OT - Aachen: Isnt that the town that has a Bombardier plant??
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote