Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 18th June 2007, 20:45   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Getz 1.3 is heavily overpriced, and i am sure you will realise that after checking the car out. Its not loaded with features, and the engine is nothing special either, but works out to the same costs of the Swift DDiS.

Infact Fusion is better value than the Getz 1.3. (if you have good service in your city) Please TD both the cars and decide.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 21:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Go for it.

I bought Getz 1.3 GLX version (ABS+Alloys) 3 weeks back. Its an excellent car with comfort of luxury car. I have done 600 km and getting 10 - 11 kmpl.

I could not wait for Getz CRDI/ Skoda Fabia...Feel it would be worth the wait..
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 23:11   #18
Team-BHP Support

If you dont like the Swift, get the Palio 1.6. Resale value will be the black sheep
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 00:37   #19
BHPian

Well if you can get hold of an year or six months old GLS/GVS version of Getz, go for it man.
I TD'ed the GVS back in Nov 06, and the car was super smooth with a great gear box, and excellent interiors. I v heard that the interior quality has deteriorated with Getz Prime.

You'll get a nice car with low miles for around 3-3.25 lacs(at least I was getting one with 25k kms, but then opted for a new Santro Xing XL :(

Take your pick.
ashwin_seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 07:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
variozin, i prefer the fusion, over the getz simply becuase it seems bigger and handles better. but getz is a practical car, and i liked it a lot. if you want to wait for fusion diesel, it will be VFM. the palio stile sport will give you 8kmpl or 9kmpl much like fusion. i find power in 1.6 sport good, but thats about it. nothing else interests me in that car anymore. interiors are sad even now. and the suspension is hard too.

so its either fusion or getz for me in that order for your situation.

Geeksrik, how will you handle the bumpy ride in Fusion due to its rather hard suspension, which set you back in palio too...being a high ground clearence vehicle one is more likely to drive it off the roads or rough terrain without having to worry and damages to the car. But with stiff cushioning how can that be fun anymore.

And these days people say that Ford has trouble in A/s.
variozin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 10:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by variozin View Post
But with stiff cushioning how can that be fun anymore.
You will know when you drive it

Stiff suspensions are anyday better compared to soft suspensions when at high speeds and when cornering.

btw Palio's suspension is very comfy
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 11:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan
Since you are targeting Jan-Feb to buy the car, the fabia may be an option as well.
Fabia in the 4 to 6L bracket?????
abhilashvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 11:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by variozin View Post
Hyundai holds the position of most reliable and prestigeous car brand in Korea. In my observation they had been making most durable cars as far as korean cars are concerned. Kia goes for little more affordable cars but in my opinion they make better looking cars.
Kia is owned by Hyundai.
carboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 12:26   #24
BHPian

Remember when the Santro and WagonR were launched? Santro was called a frog or crushed coke can. And WagonR was called "Tel ka gallon", and how everybody thought how on earth the Maruti engineers could make WagonR by simply drawing a line on a piece of paper and then dropping it suddenly (the roof and the rear).

So, initially, nobody liked their designs (or the looks as they are called) but they went on to become bestsellers in the market. Sometimes, people prefer performance/practicality over 'looks'.

Just my 2 paisa!

- KK.
kkdelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 14:25   #25
Team-BHP Support

kkdelhi, if the cars mentioned were not Maruti's, they would have gotten nowhere. Why they did make it good was because of Maruti's reliability and after sales record, not to mention low cost of ownership.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 16:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
kkdelhi, if the cars mentioned were not Maruti's, they would have gotten nowhere. Why they did make it good was because of Maruti's reliability and after sales record, not to mention low cost of ownership.
Same goes with Hyundai. Or does it ?
appuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 13:02   #27
BHPian

I have seen Ad's in Pune where there was 25k discount for getz1.3 prime.

In this case on road price for getz comes to 5.2. At this price it is good option , If you can get 1.3 around 5 - 5.1 , then it will be best buy

Also for diesel Getz I am sure on road cost will be around 7 lkh , so don't know if it can fit your budget.

Around Jan 2008 if fiat comes with 1.3 ltr CRDI around 5.5 then it should be the win win situation
hrishig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 23:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Fabia in the 4 to 6L bracket?????
Its suppossed to be coming in with a small engine ain't it? So i guess it would be in the bracket.
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 00:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Absolutely!! That is my very point! The practicality aspect! Or, the cost of ownership!! (I am not a Maruti employee by the way nor am I overly inclined about Maruti cars).

Can you say the same about Fusion or Getz!! Both great looking cars, why do we see them less and less on the road! It is no denying that Getz sales picked up only after the initial review of Swift came in (about less FE and all). But where are they now? Not to offend anyone, but it seems that people are going in for Getz or Fusion or Palio just to AVOID buying a Maruti and not for their own good points (which would be plenty, I am sure)!

Point is, don't buy car A just because you don't want to buy car B, but buy car A for the things it has to offer. Better still, weigh the good and bad points of both cars A and B and then take a decision.

- KK.
kkdelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 15:12   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have been living outside of India for sometime and I know little bit of outside of India auto market and Indian as well. Fyi, Iam driving a Nissan Sunny, Suzuki SX4 wagon at work and Santro at home.

Go for Getz. Simply, because of its quality build, nice and decent looking interior, best ride quality. 1.3l is a good buy and it does its job nicely in both performance and FE. The only drawback is its price which is a bit on the higher side when comparing with Swift but the spaciousness it offers is like a sedan minus boot. Swift's back seat and interior space one of the lousiest in its segment. You once sit in the back and see how it feels. The width overall for Swift is bigger than few other cars like Indica by few mm but inside space/comfort is really bad.

I would suggest you to wait for CRDi (as I do!) and just book it, as you get a good package (price not sure!). A proven CRDi (most probably the Accent 1.4 CRDi engine and spacious/well built/quality ride car.

Getz is a wise investment, finally.
sgmuser is offline   Reply With Quote