Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 1st July 2007, 06:17   #1
Default what is your price for this SANTRO..pl suggest.

we have seen a SANTRO LE 2000 which has done about 43000 km. vehicle condition is good and it has been fitted with NEW TYRES recently .comes with LT /insurance valid for next 9 month. single owner . no music player. what should be the GOOD PRICE if it is sold in chennai. carwale quotes it for about 1.57L.
by the way the steering seems to be bit stiff mainly while doing reverse. when i tried another santro LE 98 model i felt that steering was easier to handle.any reason for this. what has to be checked to fix this. TIA.
shapath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007, 14:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hmm... LE 2000 model. without much accessories. Taking the then prevailing prices and the depreciation on the vehicle I won't pay anything more than 1.3lakhs for the car.

Steering may feel stiff if the PS fluid is low or the belt is frayed or even the pulley is a bit jammed (possible in an old car). If it is stiff it will be stiff all the time. Its just that in reversing your speed stays low and hence you can make it out easily.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007, 15:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Santro LE 2000 model as zappo pointed out according to me it can fetch maximum 1.4 lacs if it has accessories considerring no accessories but car is in good condition and check if its major accident free you can offer maximum 1.3 lacs not more than that.

According to me If you want to go for Santro go with New look because new Santro or car between Santro and Getz might be launched soon, keeping that in mind 2000 model santro won't fetch good resale value.

Buy it only If you decided to buy 2000 model santro and budget is around
1.3 lacs. Otherwise WagonR is good choice comapred with Santro according to me.

ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote