Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 11th July 2007, 11:36   #31
BANNED

A NA indica does 120 " with Ease " ? Indica lasts 100000 .Well,then I would compare your indica engine to a lottery prize . congrats .

Well,I have driven a cuple of indicas and I do not think they reach even the 100 mark with ease . All I am saying is they take a lot of effort on an uncrowded road ..thats another prerequisite .

I doubt after driving a ddis anyone would share the swift with 3 others ... LOL .May be with the indica the other 3 would be driving .
greatmana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 16:36   #32
BHPian

I am looking to buy an Indica Turbo from Delhi let me from which dealer you are negotiating or do a deal for 2 Indica . I am sure this will help in a better deal
amit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 16:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Since another 4 people will be driving, it would be preferred to go for an indica as it is rugged and if they make any dents/scratches the same can take it. Moreover, it is more spacious. As far as te technology is concerned, DDis is certainly better than other.

If you want to consider other cars, wait for Ford Fusion and Getz CRDi. the will be out in a couple of months and the rates will be around 50~75K more than swift. But they certainly will take on highways better than these two.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 16:44   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
A NA indica does 120 " with Ease " ? Indica lasts 100000 .Well,then I would compare your indica engine to a lottery prize . congrats .

Well,I have driven a cuple of indicas and I do not think they reach even the 100 mark with ease . All I am saying is they take a lot of effort on an uncrowded road ..thats another prerequisite .

I doubt after driving a ddis anyone would share the swift with 3 others ... LOL .May be with the indica the other 3 would be driving .
My uncle had an Indica diesel and it really struggled on slopes with ac on. he preferred driving my old maruti 800 when we went for long drives.

The car was very well maintained, and still is running well. But when it comes to performance, its not anything to talk about.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 18:46   #35
rkg
Senior - BHPian

i have traveled in indica taxi's which have put in 1.75 and 1.40 Lakh KM on odometer.they are fine.
i have a doubt whether the maruti's and hyndai's can withstand the rigors of taxi trade(multiple drivers, rough use etc)?
what will be condition of zen/santro/wagon R after one lakh km use in taxi trade
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 18:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
what will be condition of zen/santro/wagon R after one lakh km use in taxi trade
I have seen a 1.5L wagonR lx taxi going silky smooth, no rattles nothing.
Of course, it depends on how well the car is maintained too.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 01:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
i
i had a 1.60lac zen carb and it was smooth but it needed some repairs now and then

i have seen m800 with 2 lac km on the odo and still running

and the tata indica turbo will take care of the problem of indica being a slow car(but i don't feel indica is a slow car)

i have a uncle who had indica earlier and now has a tdi indigo ls the main reason he said he bought a indigo is that it can take alot of abuse and repair don't cost a bomb

btw if you can get a old palio with 1.9l engine from the dealer it would be a good car

Last edited by manikjeet : 12th July 2007 at 01:37.
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 02:53   #38
BHPian

GO for Swift.
TATA dosent have a Good built Quality
Jatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 03:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Indica is a mini truck , agreed. What about the engine ?Indica engine does not last that long,when you switch on the aircon ,the car suddenly feels like vampire jammed on the brakes . Wat would be the average cruising speed on an indica compared to a swift ?I took the swift way upto 160 +aircon switched on and I was confident and the car felt confident enough
@ greatmana,,he's planning to buy a car for office usuage, not the track. I think the Indica suits his needs fine.

Cheers!!!
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 05:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Hmm Strange, Never felt the power lag from the Indica Turbo (there is a turbo lag, yes). The car touches 140 with a breeze. Ya but then I don't drive the car at that high speeds daily. Never felt it becoming cumbersome on roads, but then maybe I never tried to sqeeuze it into non existent spaces.. And regarding the 100000 km mark, why do I suddenly see every indica taxi owner zooming away with a ticket (winning lottery ticket).. Strange

OK.. The bottom line is, with both the cars, you are getting what you are paying for.. I it is a single hand driven car and the buyer is ok with paying the extra Lakh , he/she should go for swift...
TSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 13:46   #41
rkg
Senior - BHPian

manikjeet & DCEite
the cars quoted by both of you are from taxi trade or from personally used cars?
my point is do they withstand the rigors and abuse of taxi trade?
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 17:36   #42
BANNED

Honestly , I have seen taxi operators swear by ambassadors even today ,as they think the build quality of an ambassador is very good and has very few repairs .

Most of the indicas used as taxis ,do they actually run the 1 lakh or whatever kilometers without any major repairs ?

The OP might not use the car on tracks but I doubt he would enjoy the drive on an indica compared to the swift .
greatmana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 20:44   #43
BHPian

after a lot of cunfusion i have decided to buy swift ldi, Will book next week. What should be the waiting time i have been told its 1.5 - 2 months for LDi.

Cheers,
Naveen
speedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 08:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

good decision speedemon you will not regret it. For personal use Swift LDI is way better than Indica turbo.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 10:19   #45
Senior - BHPian

Speedmon,

the Swift is a good choice. It is a drivers' car ( appeals to the heart) and pretty refined and powerful. The drawbacks are in terms of space.

Indica is a car that appeals to the head ( and the wallet). It is tough and reliable though not high on outright performance. It has loads of space, cost less and is easy to maintain. The Indica Turbo had decent performance and can do 130 all day long. I have a NA Dls that is over three years old and with 65K on the clock. Runs well but top speed and accelaration is not the strong point. (Turbo miles ahead on these )
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote