Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 22nd July 2007, 11:00   #46
Senior - BHPian

Ya....You are right. The waiting period for swift ldi is more. Here it is 3~4 months.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 11:32   #47

Go for Indica, You get good fuel efficiency and the resale value is too good for Indica. But the quality of the service you get in maruti showroom is uncomparable. But when compared to value for money i would suggest indica, if possible you can strech your budget to 35K more and go for Indica Turbo. It really rocks the roads!!!.
barathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 21:35   #48
BHPian

once I traveled in a NA Indica taxi from Ahamadabad to Baroda. It was run for 1.4+ lakh KMs.

The driver was pushing the car like anything, he drove at 120+kmph most of the time.
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 00:48   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
A NA indica does 120 " with Ease " ? Indica lasts 100000 .Well,then I would compare your indica engine to a lottery prize . congrats .

Well,I have driven a cuple of indicas and I do not think they reach even the 100 mark with ease . All I am saying is they take a lot of effort on an uncrowded road ..thats another prerequisite .

I doubt after driving a ddis anyone would share the swift with 3 others ... LOL .May be with the indica the other 3 would be driving .
Huh! You are talking through your hat mate... on every count. Thats about it. I guess you could do with a few lessons on car maintenance. By the way, TSK why do not you tell the kms your car's engine has clocked?

Oh, yes, you said he hitt a lottery with his Indica engine. So let him be. But then hey, My family Indica also hit a lottery. So did my friend's Indica. In fact that one hit a jackpot. Its run 1.32lac kms without opening the engine. The last major work was complete clutch overhaul at 92000 kms. Hmmm, jackpot it is.

I have a comparatively new NA. But I guess I hit a mini jackpot as well because my car "magically" touches 125kmh (never got to try higher than that, so won't know).

I guess nowadays lotteries are much easier to win mate.

Edit: Oh, forgot to add about a newer Indica... this one is a turbo though. This one is also a jackpot I guess. It bloody touches 140kmph without batting an eyelid or any huffing and puffing. That too with AC on at some 3000 RPM.

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd July 2007 at 00:50.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 00:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It bloody touches 140kmph without batting an eyelid or any huffing and puffing. That too with AC on at some 3000 RPM.
But the swift diesel will beat the Indica hands down, a far better engine sits inside. Plus the swift is a much better driver's car than the Indica.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:30   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Huh! You are talking through your hat mate... on every count. Thats about it. I guess you could do with a few lessons on car maintenance. By the way, TSK why do not you tell the kms your car's engine has clocked?

Oh, yes, you said he hitt a lottery with his Indica engine. So let him be. But then hey, My family Indica also hit a lottery. So did my friend's Indica. In fact that one hit a jackpot. Its run 1.32lac kms without opening the engine. The last major work was complete clutch overhaul at 92000 kms. Hmmm, jackpot it is.

I have a comparatively new NA. But I guess I hit a mini jackpot as well because my car "magically" touches 125kmh (never got to try higher than that, so won't know).

I guess nowadays lotteries are much easier to win mate.

Edit: Oh, forgot to add about a newer Indica... this one is a turbo though. This one is also a jackpot I guess. It bloody touches 140kmph without batting an eyelid or any huffing and puffing. That too with AC on at some 3000 RPM.
I guess the guy has already decided on the car, so all this is besides the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
But the swift diesel will beat the Indica hands down, a far better engine sits inside. Plus the swift is a much better driver's car than the Indica.
Nobody denies that. Even I told the OP that swift D is a much better car.
But for the kind of use/abuse he needs to put his car through(multiple drivers et. al) the turbo seemed like a better bet. But I suppose its more personal use, so the Ldi is better1

Last edited by tsk1979 : 23rd July 2007 at 11:32.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:55   #52
BHPian

I don't know why we are comparing Swift with Indica.... Swift is a much better car truly its a driver car
i will say now people must think of safety refinement and quality first then thinking about the price.... if you talk about Swift Diesel engine it is far better than TATA Indica.... Indica will sound like TATA 407 after a year or so
Swift Diesel is one of the best compact Diesel car available in the work... spending some extra money is nothing with the kind of satisfaction u get after buying Swift Diesel

Go GO GO forrrrrrrr.........Swift Diesel
(i love this car)
smartmundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 16:10   #53
BHPian

I suggest you go for Indica turbo. Indica is a vehicle that has gone through more abuse than any small car thanks to the cabbies. (quite a few of them cross 1L km in the second year itself!!) .TATA motors have improved the quality of the Indica over the years. Swift diesel is still at its infancy. Not that I doubt its ability, but Maruti is also known to release 'beta versions'
The most important reason to go for the Indica is the space. The boot space in Indica is much more than the swift and rear leg room is something that everyone know about.
The gear shift/performance etc may be much better in the swift, so let the poor chauffer worry about it!!
kvish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 16:13   #54
Team-BHP Support

Comments inline in BOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I suggest you go for Indica turbo. Indica is a vehicle that has gone through more abuse than any small car thanks to the cabbies. (quite a few of them cross 1L km in the second year itself!!) .TATA motors have improved the quality of the Indica over the years. I AGREE

Swift diesel is still at its infancy. Not that I doubt its ability, but Maruti is also known to release 'beta versions' Too much of guess work, cmon

The most important reason to go for the Indica is the space. The boot space in Indica is much more than the swift and rear leg room is something that everyone know about.
The gear shift/performance etc may be much better in the swift, so let the poor chauffer worry about it!! PURFECT SENSE
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2007, 22:37   #55
BHPian

Well after so much confusion..... i have booked swift LDi . Lets see how fast can i get the delivery........
speedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 21:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

welcome to the club Speedemon
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote