Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 14th July 2007, 22:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
One thing in Logan I have noticed during test drive is that when the ac is on their is a power lag. It does not pull (not even like WagonR).

As far as Logan is concerned, this is the first car released by M&M and I feel they are testing on us. Any negative feedback given by us, will be sent to M&M for further improvements on the models. Of course, the Engine is made by Renault but the availability of Spare parts and A.S.S might be a question to contend with.....What say ????
i din't find any power lag in the diesel logan. kindly recheck on that one. Take a test drive again. Mahindra's A.S.S., in the case of scorpio, is excellent. The same dealers are selling the Logan... so I think it should not be a reason to worry. The engines, for the time being, are imported but they will be manufactured in India soon.

One can not compare the SX4 with the Logan diesel. First, you decide what you want. A diesel or a petrol. If a diesel, then in your budget, the Logan is the best bet. If you want petrol + power... SX4 is the obvious choice. Nothing else comes close..
ashutoshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 00:25   #17
BHPian

i would say you go in for the sx4. the only reason that you should go for the logan is because you want a diesel car. in every other aspect, the sx4 is better. i feel that after 5 years, the sx4 would fetch you a higher price when you try to sell it than the logan. the logan, even if it is a renault, is being taken care of in india by mahindra, and mahindra has not yet mastered the art of car making. there are more number of sx4s on the road than the logan nowdays.

if you want a diesel car, then look no further, go for the logan. for everything else, buy the sx4.
vishnuvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 00:56   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
One can not compare the SX4 with the Logan diesel. First, you decide what you want. A diesel or a petrol. If a diesel, then in your budget, the Logan is the best bet. If you want petrol + power... SX4 is the obvious choice. Nothing else comes close..
Well said without giving preference to own car.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 10:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

I will be driving around 400 kms/week. The running cost for sx4 is more than logan-dlx. On the long run, if I buy a logan now, what would be the resale value after 5 yrs ? Certainly, sx4 will fetch more resale value than logan but running cost will be too high (almost double). But giving 7.34L for a petrol vehicle.........
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 11:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Its difficult to predict resale value on new car like Logan. Since you buy this for 5 years new Logan might be launched and same applies for all cars now a days. Only for few cars we get good resale value.

If Logan D cost 7.1 now on road after 5 years you should get at least 2 lacs. If it became popular car day by day it would fetch you nearly 3 lacs.

Even for SX4 Petrol you can't expect good resale value. In its segment only Honda, Toyota can fetch good resale value. Thats what we have seen in the past.

Good Resale value I have seen among Small cars MUL, Hyundai. Sedans its Honda. MUV its Toyota. I amazed to to see great resale value of Quallis D and Innova D.

I might have missed few things here to mention.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 12:17   #21

hi sano,
i think u should opt for honda city instead of SX4. Its better in mileage on both petrol and lpg. On lpg honda city i-dsi engine gives mileage of 12 to 14. where as sx4 will give mileage of around 9 to 11. here in gujarat lpg cost 28 rs/ltr. so its better than diesal. I have converted both cars on lpg and have no problem. Mind well hondas have best re-sale than all. so its worth for ur kind of use.
miraauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 12:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey, i would advice against buying the adventure coz fiat india is dropping its old model line one by one, Last month they had the petra.. now its gone!! all the diesels are dead and i think the adv may follow suit. And resale is bound to be horrible too!!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 17:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

@JayD: I had visited Manipal Motors, Bangalore y'day. They informed me Adventure is only made to order and I had to wait for 4 weeks after booking. The manager of Manipal motors did not even share the price break up answered that he will send by mail. They are giving about 66K as discount....but nothing other than this.....anyways, I had not considered Adventure in my list that has been finalised.

@miraauto: the base model of honda city costs about Rs.8.02L and sx4 is about 7.34L. Anyways, it is out of my budget. I have already stretched my budget. Moreover, honda is releasing a new version/model in "city" by nearly next year.

@ravibhat: I feel Diesel vehicles may fetch more resale value that petrol 5 years down. Toyota is more oppular because of the quality standards they follow in their parts. (I have worked in Toyota for 7 years).....and I know the quality standards they follow...hence it is a guarantee whoever buys the vehicle that the resale value will be good.

Now coming back to my problem......any idea guys what will be the FE of sx4 & logan dlx without ac (just a thought as Bangalore's weather is like ac all the time except summer)
Old 15th July 2007, 18:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

About FE what I heard in Bangalore SX4 VXI without AC in congested driving will give 10kmpl as least FE where as Logan D will give 13kmpl. Expect 13 and 18 kmpl respectively on highways. I don't own these cars so FE might differ since its difficult to trust type of driving conditions for this FE unless we have hands on experience.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 20:19   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...s-dont-27.html

You could get all the answers on the SX4 by reading that thread.

For queries on the logan, PM ashtoshb (Sorry if spelling is wrong), or pugram.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 12:13   #26
VBV
BHPian

From an owner: buy the SX4. I tried the logan TD, before I bought SX4, it felt taxi-ish. It might be good only if you're travelling a lot inside the city. Also I did'nt feel safe enough in the Logan, its build quality is not as good as SX4. What made me go for the SX4 was during the test drive,a friend of mine drove at around 90 kms and then braked hard. It not only took a long time before halting, but also shook and moved around. Logan is a good VFM car, but not for a car enthusiast.

SX4 VXi has very less waiting time and in some colours, has none at all(From what I understand), Its the ZXi that has waiting times of 3 months+.

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 12:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

Anybody can give an idea how to improve the FE of sx4....if i buy it.
Old 16th July 2007, 17:42   #28

snaronikar - I think first you should decide what car to buy(diesel or petrol) and then take a decision on how to improve FE(anyway it depends on your driving style so doesnt matter it is petrol or diesel car).

Other ways to increase efficiancy is going for alternative fuel. LPG or bio diesel. It will be great if you can modify to suit to bio diesel(it it is diesel). You will be the first one to do so & can be guide for others to follow.

I think you have done enough test driving & it is time now to go for buying the car. If you keep asking for more details, you will get confused and finally your hair will be white by the time you buy the car.

So comon dude!! dont think too much. it will break . make up your mind & buy the car.My choice is SX4 ZXi. Once bought Pl confirm, let us

Last edited by DCEite : 16th July 2007 at 21:15. Reason: Excessive smilies
sand3650 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 16th July 2007, 18:33   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand3650 View Post
LPG or bio diesel. It will be great if you can modify to suit to bio diesel(it it is diesel). You will be the first one to do so & can be guide for others to follow.
Bio diesel is a long way from regular use. AFAIK, only a few are testing it. I know of Mercedes (C or E class) and KSTRC in some of its select buses. For it to be freely and widely available IMO would take quite some time.
gt_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 20:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Anybody can give an idea how to improve the FE of sx4....if i buy it.
My car is driven in Coimbatore which has a comparable climate to Bangalore (a little warmer than Bangalore though), and I've been getting 12 in the city (It's a tier-2 city though) and 15.5 to 16 on the highway - all the while with AC knob in Lvel-1. I don't think you can drastically improve FE - unless you want to drive around very calmly, which again defeats the purpose of SX4. If you are even remotely interested in speed and a quick sprint, you really are gonna miss SX4!
spetnaz is offline   Reply With Quote