Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 14th July 2007, 11:08   #1

Default Deal on Getz! Your opinion please

Hi all,

I have been a silent observer in this forum for almost a year and have benefitted immensely from the discussions. I own a Zen Vxi, 2003 model and have decided to upgrade.

My monthly usage is 800 km in city (which is likely to become less after 10 months) and budget is around 4.75 lakhs. I want a good hatchback only (not a base sedan). After evaluating various options and going through various opinions on this forum, i decided on Getz 1.3 GLS. I found the car being good and the featuresto be very useful during the test drive

After negotiations, the deal offered is (on Rs.5.39 lakhs on the road price)

*Free insurance worth Rs 15000
*Corporate offer- Rs 7000
*Discount of about Rs 12,000 (i refused other freebies)
*Exchange offer of Rs 20,000

This brings the effective cost to about Rs. 4,85,000. I would like to have your opinion on the package if it is ok. My family, although they like Getz very much, have reservations on mileage. Any info from owners would be also be very helpful.

Thank You.
coolspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 11:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

What is this exchange offer worth Rs 20,000?? It will be difficult for any car to match the smoothness of the Zen 03 model.
Get multiple quotes from other dealers and negotiate hard. Monsoon is the best time to buy a car if you like bargains.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 12:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yeah.. clarify on the exchange offer.. even old Maruti 800's (< 2000 models) fetch 50k in the second hand market !!
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 12:53   #4
Team-BHP Support

Any exchange offer with dealers is nothing but taking people for a ride. So sell your existing car to an individual which will fetch you more than what the dealer may have offered.

If you remove this component, the deal on getz does not look attractive.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 13:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Many Team-BHPians will surely offer you more than 20K for your Zen, including me
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 13:18   #6
BHPian

Well if I have interpreted coolspeed's post correctly, all he means to say is the 20k exchange offer is an additional 20k given over the existing market value of the the car being exchanged. coolspeed, would be right along, for sure, to correct me if I am wrong.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 13:26   #7

Sorry. I did not make myself clear. The offer is that if i sell my present car to anyperson and produce the proof for the transfer (within 60 days of the purchase of Getz), a refund of Rs.20,000 would be given by the dealer. The sale of Zen would be on my own terms and has nothing to do with the dealer.
coolspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 13:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspeed View Post
Sorry. I did not make myself clear. The offer is that if i sell my present car to anyperson and produce the proof for the transfer (within 60 days of the purchase of Getz), a refund of Rs.20,000 would be given by the dealer. The sale of Zen would be on my own terms and has nothing to do with the dealer.

- I have not understood what's in it for the dealer then. How does it matter for the dealer whether coolspeed sells his Zen or not. He may as well decide to keep it. Wouldn't the dealer give him the 20k dicount in that case? If he is not selling to the dealer, it is not an exchange with the dealer. Basically then, it cannot be called an exchange discount. Why then does coolspeed need to show proof of sale of his Zen to the dealer? That too within 60 days. Is it then just a plain discount, called for some reason an exchange discount? I am totally confused!
asitkde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 14:25   #9
BHPian

Are you only considering getz ? If not there are ather options, like UVA, Palio 1.6 etc.
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 15:21   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspeed View Post
My family, although they like Getz very much, have reservations on mileage. Any info from owners would be also be very helpful.

Thank You.
I've had a Getz since Feb 05. SOlid well-built car, I have had no problems with mine except for a cigarette lighter that keeps blowing it's fuse, I just replace the fuse and have not bothered to have it investigated.
I get about 12-13 km a litre with AC use 30% of the time, and highway-city 50/50 mix.
Have three kids, and that is when I appreciate the spacious interiors, as much as my Baleno if not more. Loads of head-room and a decent luggage area.
Cons: the engine is not as peppy as I would have liked.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 16:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hey Coolspeed, The offer you have said is a nice one but keep one thing in Mind that Getz 1.3 GLS is not selling in Huge numbers so Discounts can actually go up ( if you persuade the dealer more ) The 1.1 is selling good.

Secondly as you will see my signature, I am a Hyundai Fan, but I will tell you honestly new Hyundai Getz has no Resale Value at all ( the first one did not also ). You might want to take a look at Swift Vxi Petrol !!

But then Getz is one of the best lookers in the market today. So choose between head & heart.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 16:48   #12

My advice as a Getz owner would be...dont go for Getz. It looks good and is spacious, but I find it severely underpowered. Mileage is also comparatively on the lower side. I'm getting around 11.5 to 12 in the city.
gulgulumaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 18:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hi CoolSpeed, The discount you are getting is good one. Exchange offer is nothing but upgrade Offer that many dealers offer. Sell your ZEN to outside person (sell your zen people recomanded by dealer only if you get good offer) you will get good resale value for your ZEN.

About Getz right now its not selling in much numbers and resale value is poor as well. If you plan to keep the car for 4 years at least don't worry at all go for Getz its smooth silent car. Expect FE of at least 10kmpl in city with AC on. On highway you can fetch around 14kmpl with AC on, my relative owns it, its good car and since you are getting good discount its worth a buy.

However you can consider Pailo or UVA they are equally good car compared with Getz. If you like Getz go for it!

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 20:44   #14
Team-BHP Support

hey coolspeed. you might find it a bit underpowered in the beginning. but after your warranty is over out in a free flow exhaust and an air filter. its improved the lower end of my getz alot. also see if your dealers can give you power mirrors on your car.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 11:30   #15
BHPian

This is great .

In such case you get a very good car at very good price.

As per my research , the cars in the similar range are

Swift VXI at 4.65 ( Pune on road after discounts)

Swift ZXI 5.5 ( Pune on road after discounts)

Now this getz at 4.85 gives you lots of other things that swift don't have in just 20 k ( Rear wiper+ defogger + body color bumpers+ lots of space etc etc )

So it become a total value for money..

I will say you can buy it.
hrishig is offline   Reply With Quote