Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 23rd July 2007, 17:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Too high. Like MF said it is preferable to have the steering a bit more parallel than perpendicular - the upward tilt is very truck/bus like. Yes it doesnt mess with your knees and stuff, but you'd rather be holding the steering down than hanging on to it.
Well, drivers' preferences vary quite a bit and that's why car makers invented tilt steerings. I think the new Indica offers tilt steering.
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:47   #17

Get a new M800/Alto and avoid all the hassles.
You will not only get great mileage but also the satisfaction which comes with buying a new car.

I doubt a indica turbo will fall under your budget.

Happy hunting
sqwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 17:14   #18
Default latest update : looking at a palio 1.9D now.

I am looking at a second hand palio ( 1.9 ) diesel which has clocked 71,000 Kms & 3+ years old.
the condition of the engine seems good but the paint seems to have faded a bit. ( was parked in the open )
i know the owner via a common friend who says the owner uses his cars very carefully & he is selling this cause he has bought a fiesta.
i think the owner would come down to about 2 lakhs.

is this price okay or too high ?
sfilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 08:23   #19

Sfilinto, Since your budget is 2.5 to 3 lakhs, there are a lot many things that you can do with the same, here are the options according to me in order of preference.

1. Get a good old well maintained MPFI Zen at 1.3-1.5 lakhs and spend the remaining money on fuel for your long distance travels. Zen would not give you any trouble apart from regular servicing.

2. If you strach a little you'll get a brand new Alto, which is a good small car, has very good AC and good mileage, and when it comes to resale, it'll featch you a lot more than the other cars.

3. Go in for a well maintanined Indica, which for some reason I feel is hard to find, but it you get one, then it'll be a good buy betrween 2-2.5 lakhs.

4. Go for the Palio deisel, which you have mentioned above for 2 lakhs, however I somehow feel you will be disappointed with this desision in the long run.

you learn a lot about cars, when you finally own your first one, it's best to have a car with the least probablity for maintainences issues, the myth of deisel being cheap and pertol being expensive on paper looks very different, you'll have to drive a lot to break even with a deisel car than a pertol car, try and work out the maths and reanalyse your choices.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote