Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 25th July 2007, 14:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Not at all important for those of us who usually have an empty back seat --- they just reduce visibility and might as well be removed.

For rear-seat passengers, on the other hand, they can prevent or reduce whiplash neck injury in some accidents, especially being rear-ended.

Whiplash injuries can take a long time to show, and can give trouble for years.
Not that the LDi does not have head restraints, it is very much there, only it is sort of built into the backrest & not a separate adjustable one.
cheers
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 15:04   #17
VBV
BHPian

Like the others, I feel most of the options can be retrofitted. The only trade off you'll have to look at is ABS v/s waiting period. If you're the kind who goes out of city often, then ABS is worth the waiting period. But if you stick to Bangalore, there are not many roads where you need ABS.

Buying the VDi w/o ABS looks like a raw deal to me.

VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 15:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wow, VBV _ Where did you find roads in Bangalore that do not need ABS? Please tell me. Also let me know how to recognize these..Is there a signboard or something?
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 16:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreddy18 View Post
Sagar Automobiles told me that they can get with in 4 months (max) for an Vdi and 2 months (max) for the Ldi. Not sure how reliable they are
Thanks for the information. You may want to check these threads
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-now-what.html (I complained abt my dealer (Sagar Auto), now what?)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ic-people.html (Sagar Automobiles - Headed By Arrogant, Irresponsible, Unfriendly, Sarcastic People)

Quote:
. Some dealer (through the Car-Loan person) asked me to pay 30k premium if I want the car in a week.
Well kick his ...
Lord Lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 21:58   #20
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Wow, VBV _ Where did you find roads in Bangalore that do not need ABS? Please tell me. Also let me know how to recognize these..Is there a signboard or something?
Yeah, any road that does not have traffic enough to let you move at higher speeds. The average speed in Bangalore these days do not tend to be more than 40 kmph. ABS at such speeds does not help as much as it will on higher speeds. I don't know about you, but I surely have not had skids at 30-40kmph. So IMHO, it makes sense to have ABS if you frequent higher speeds on skiddy roads. And this can happen only out of Bangalore.
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 22:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

can the ABS for VDi be fitted on a later day but very much with-in the warranty period. Is there any such provision.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 22:59   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
can the ABS for VDi be fitted on a later day but very much with-in the warranty period. Is there any such provision.
I dont think that ABS can be fitted post delivery (according to one MUL dealer I spoke to )
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 23:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I don't think you can fit ABS on a vehicle that easily, even if you can i am sure that you will have to do a lot of modifications and you will end up spending more.

This is what i know, lets wait for the experts to comment on it......

Vijay
vijay_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 23:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hey! i'd advice you to go for the vdi version. many say that some accessories can be retrofitted, but the finish may be a long way off and retrofitting some accessories may void your warranty. So a 32k difference does not seem like much, also pls try to opt for the abs version, its worth it. try haggling with the dealer, as most maruti dealers have some backhand stocks which they sell for a premium in case there's a waiting for a car(that' how i got my zen from an early batch in '95)
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 08:23   #25
BHPian

Thank you very much to all of you , as per your suggestions yesterday I booked swift diesel vdi model without ABS. ABS is costing 30K (beyond my budget) more and more waiting period. Hopefully I will get it faster , now I have to patiently wait for the delivery.
rreddy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 11:37   #26
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Reddy,

What color did you book ?
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 12:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Congrats Reddy,

What color did you book ?
Thank You Eddy , the color is Azure Grey.
Old 26th July 2007, 14:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much to all of you , as per your suggestions yesterday I booked swift diesel vdi model without ABS. ABS is costing 30K (beyond my budget) more and more waiting period. Hopefully I will get it faster , now I have to patiently wait for the delivery.
Congrats Buddy,

I think it was a wise decision to buy a Swift Vdi than a Ldi....

Vijay
vijay_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 17:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi ,
----
Front electric windows
Rear electric windows
Central door locking

Tachometer
Light-off/key reminder
Driver's seatbelt warning lamp
Door ajar warning lamp

Vanity mirrors (sunvisor co-driver side)
Day/night rearview mirror
Head restraints (rear seat)
Fabric accented door trims
Front seat back pocket (driver and passenger side)
12V accessory socket in central console
Silver painted door garnish inside door opener
ORVM (internally adjusted)
Front fog lamps
Key not removed warning buzzer
Black coloured A- and B-pillars
----
Ravi, dont you think you see some really helpful things out there. I feel its worth the wait and the money. The tachometer is really good if you learn how to drive with an eye on it. THough most of them can be fitted elsewhere i think the cost would be almost simmilar. So i personally think its better to get it factory fitted.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 09:01   #30
BHPian

Thank you All , I got my swift Vdi on 7th Sep (Firday) and I am really enjoying the ride. I used to have Indica DLS before Swift Vdi and I am very much statisfied with the performance of Swift Vdi.