Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 17th August 2007, 00:36   #1

Question Renault Logan or a SWIFT

Heya guys...

I am soon going to join the gang of car owners.. atleast, thats wats in my mind.

The dilemma is that I am not sure what car I want... I am a novice at this...

I like the Logan, reason: new in the market... space... budget

SWIFT, after reading a lot of postings/threads, seem like a very good buy...

Just that, I have this in my head that I don't want a small car...

SWIFT is in consideration cos its a big car in the small category

I have nothing against small cars but its just that I don't want a small car for myself and Logan GLE fits my budget... Esteem is really old...

Logan GLE Bangalore Ex: 477890 On-Road: 565214
SWIFT VXi Bangalore Ex: 427278 On-Road: 493392
VXi w ABS Ex: 447148 On-Road: 515990

As far as mileage goes, both give almost the same...

Swift probably has more Power...

Logan GLE being 1.4 still sounds underpowered to me at 75hp / 5500 rpm whereas SWIFT 1.3 delivers 87bhp / 6000 rpm...

what I don't want is the feel of the car being powerless wen the acc is pressed...

As for my usage... probably 30km/day and I will be taking out the car a couple of times for long drives... arnd Blore... over the weekend...

Please help me understand the aspects of wat I shud be looking for and why...

Feel free to suggest some other models than Logan / SWIFT. If you can explain with reason, that will be greatly appreciated.

I am hoping that I will be able to take this decision pretty quickly and within a week or two, would have my car in the parking lot (have to arrange for the parking space as well)
till then I am happy to scorch the streets on my K&N Avenger

Vicks
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2007, 14:54   #2
BANNED

First thing that you have t do is to drive both - see what you like in each and what you dislike.

ABS and airbags are great safety features that you should look at in whatever you buy [if it can be within your budget of course].
deepakvrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2007, 15:15   #3
BHPian

Go for SWIFT. You will not repent on your decision. If Budget is not a constrain then you can also try FIESTA.
bill1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2007, 15:38   #4
Team-BHP Support

They're 2 completely different segments. Pl consolidate your daily requirements concisely to decide on a driver's car (Swift) vs. space for the family(Logan)
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2007, 15:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

well - your personal views come handy here in a situation like this. Initially when the logan was launched - people said horrific looks it has, but as time goes even I have started liking the looks. Infact a Black Logan would look sexy !!

Swift on the other hand is so popular that every tom, dick, harry has one so no exclusivity !!

Logan has much better space than a Swift. Remember Swift rear seats are amongst the worst. Its more like a 3 people car. Logan is HUGE !! No wonder they call it a wide bodied car.

TD noth of them & see what you require. I feel it is worth the extra 50k expense over a Swift & buy the LOGAN. CHEERS !!!!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2007, 15:57   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Both cars cannot be compared directly, IMO!

Its a matter of which car suits you the most. Try both the cars and decide. Swift be would more of a driver's car, while Logan has space for all in the family.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 14:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

If you want space you consider Logan. Other wise you can also consider Aveo/Getz in your kitty of choices. TD all the cars and then you can take a call.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 17:04   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Frankly, I really feel you should TD the getz before you come to a conclusion. It's exactly in your budget.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 17:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Frankly, I really feel you should TD the getz before you come to a conclusion. It's exactly in your budget.
WOW "The Lord Of Yetis" in What Car section ... Is this a miracle or something ?

If you don't need boot then go for SWIFT and have a peace of mind with Maruti A.S.S. But of you have a family and need boot then LOGAN is the choice.

You can also check out GETZ 1.3l one and the AVEO UVA. They have some good offers on AVEO UVA.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 19:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Vicks,

Since you need a big car youd o not have too much of a choice . The other options like the Ikon Flair, Indigo and the Esteem are pretty much near the end of their product life cycles. Ikon and Accent and Fusion petrol however are possible options as they are pretty decent cars though a bit dated.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 19:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Between the Logan and the Swift, I say go for the Swift.

If you can stretch your budget a bit Id say go for the Swift D which is a lot mroe fun to drive than the petrol, Also consider the Getz which is an equally good car.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 19:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Swift on the other hand is so popular that every tom, dick, harry has one so no exclusivity !!
Logan is selling an awful lot these days. Exclusivity should not be a criterion for cars like these.

Instead, look at the flipside of the above statement - Swift has been tested, tried and appreciated by people.

Base your decisions on your criteria. Have a test drive and if possible, make a clear note and comparison of what you need against what you can sacrifice.

Do let us know what happens

All the best!
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 19:51   #13
fb1
BHPian

I would get a swift, I dont care how the logan handles... Its so ugly and outdated looking!!!
fb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 19:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Well As I said, its your own personal view which comes - some people like Swift - Fine, But I feel Logan is so good VFM. They are giving you so much car for so less money. Swift on the other hand is priced quite high ( look at the diesel pricing )

Coming to getz - its priced exorbitantly I feel. ( though I am a hyundai fan ) But that is the truth. Cheers !!!

No doubt that Swift is a tried & tested car - its a good buy but no rear seat space & pathetic boot space.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 20:10   #15
Senior - BHPian

If the swift fits your bill, get it, but like vkochar has said, you will be surrounded by swifts to the extent that you may find it difficult to locate your car in the car park. LOL

As Sam has said, why dont you TD the getz ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote